Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:53:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What would you like to see next for the Bodyshape series?
More base-game outfits for the existing sizes - 146 (15.1%)
Custom/Celebrity Bodyshapes (like MillaJ meshes) - 127 (13.1%)
Totally original meshes like the Alpha Tshirt & Skirt, Marvine's heels - 235 (24.3%)
Variations on existing sizes (like a 38" Booty Hip set) - 107 (11.1%)
Expansion Set clothing for the existing sizes - 307 (31.7%)
Other (specify below) - 45 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 390

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: What's Next for the Bodyshape Series?  (Read 75930 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2006, 05:12:11 pm »

Cheesy I know about those, and I think they're great! I was just hoping for more options (sleeve, looseness, &c) that stretch the shirt from tip to tip (as opposed to mid-slope to mid-slope), and thought an alpha would be a good use for that.  If nothing else, you can make all sorts of fun and sexy peek-a-boo effects with a looser alpha layer.

Sorry, I used the T-shirt as my visual aid because it came up first in the image search. I didn't mean to cause confusion.

Anyway, if it's not what you want to do, that's totally cool. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:13:15 pm by alkaloid » Logged

Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2006, 11:03:17 am »

I've been thinking along the same lines as alkaloid.  T-shirts are an especially good example.  Logo T-shirts work well on the smaller bust sizes, but they get stretched in odd ways on the larger ones.  

I'm also thinking that there's only one Warlokk, so if we want all this cool stuff, some of us need to get the tools and learn how to contribute to the project.  

Bloom has already started making custom meshes that are compatible with the Body Shape project, with consistent naming conventions.  That's a lead I want to follow if I can just get myself disciplined enough to do it.  

Warlokk has defined an excellent standard for body shapes, naming conventions, and even techniques for updating so that existing textures will use updated meshes.  That alone is an incredible contribution to the art!  Now we just need some more artists following in the master's footsteps.
:toothy7:

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2006, 11:12:47 am »

Good point, Greg, thanks... this is also why I uploaded my magnets, although you do need Poser to use them... but with them, you can make ANY outfit mesh exactly match any of my sizes, usually without too much adjustment too.

If anyone wants to take a crack at making stuff for the series, I'm always happy to answer questions, but I'll also first point you to the tutorials I learned from... believe it or not, I was once a meshing newbie too!  Wink

Oh and thanks for the compliments... Cheesy

I'm traveling again this weekend, so I won't be working on anything new until after the New Year... but I'll be back at it soon!

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Star Ranger4

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2007, 09:33:13 pm »

Definatly have to vote for the alpha meshs... they'll give us the most vertsitily for the time invested....
slayer3d
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 02:02:16 pm »

Lovin your work Warlokk - the maid & pinups are great - and a cross between Marvines alpha skirt mesh (her butt's especially good, as it should be in heels) and your series would be fantastic.  Thanks for all your hard work dude!
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2007, 02:09:38 pm »

I must say that I am loving the new "pin-up" set, it's probably the closest to my RL "bodyshape"Cheesy .
Are there any plans to make top-separates and bottoms for this size? I need to make some new clothes for my self sim:smile:

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2007, 05:40:03 pm »

I'm not really planning on it, because I modified the waist area, so they would not line up with any of the previous or default top and bottoms.  However I do plan to make a wider variety of full-body outfits, since I can make one size a LOT faster than I could make 10 or so for an outfit... so I plan to do some pants/shirt outfits etc, as well as a number of other dress styles, for a 2nd clothing set.  I think she needs a couple Nightlife/Glamour gowns, and definitely a Jeans & Tshirt outfit of some kind.

lmfjaxxon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2007, 10:26:15 am »

I would love to see a sim in your meshes with Bsett's "Sexy Feet" shoe meshes or any other fancy / sexy high heels other than the sneaker and flat shoe choices....but it is just a thought.  I just posted something like this the other day....

Thanks for adding this, because I would love to see / use more of your work!

~LaTasha~

Rsimnia

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2007, 08:29:17 pm »

You already have the meshes needed for a controller of some sort. There are many hackers that could create it. We would be able to click on the sim and adjust the mesh in-game, switching between various tops and bottoms.

Or maybe it would work like a quick outfit change without the menus.
GRIM_REPAIR

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2007, 12:18:07 am »

I wish there was some way to add from Marvine & Beosboxboy's "Athletic girl" and "Body Builder" mesh, the WAIST size (smaller then maxis/Warlokk) and fit ARMS and LEGS (guys have you seen "Athletic girl" as she walks away...hubba hubba).

I guess I could sum up my request as "Busty Amazonian Goddess" set (tops and bottoms).  :-)
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2007, 02:52:25 am »

Thank You for your hard work.
I can finally make a self sim. Whoohoo!
oh before I forget thanks as well for the info on how to use the ladies as well. Really helped me get everything straight.
I voted for heel mesh but the tshirt mesh would be very helpful.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
Keyaira107

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2007, 11:26:13 am »

i think there should be more plus sized bodyshapes

Like my sims check out more pics of themhere
Mickey57

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2007, 12:11:03 pm »

I hope this poll is still open for ideas on new body types.  I would like to see a more squared off, manly looking girl.  The type who would wear lots of flannel shirts and work in an iron foundry or as a prison guard.  (sorry for the stereotypes, but wanted to give a mental picture.)  Someone with a more muscular, masculine build, like Kristin Rohde from the HBO series OZ.  All the feminine girls are pretty, but we need the tough girls too!  Anyway, just my thoughts, thanks!

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2007, 05:49:24 pm »

The poll is always open... I'm not really paying it much attention, but it's open... Cheesy

Actually I am always open to suggestions though... I'll consider the "Butch" bodyshape you've described.  Also my next shape will be my Renaissance Gal, which should fit the bill nicely for the plus-size request, I think.

Oneblondmomma
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2007, 02:05:56 am »

Hi Warlokk, I voted for other...a plus sized & fashionable series..I put a request in with you along with pictures...would be nice with some heels too...
But, whatever you choose to do next, I am ready to re-color!

:jester: If you like my body, come get it @ www.frannysims.com
Home of the "Momma Lisa" & "Kurvy K" !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: