Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:14:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What would you like to see next for the Bodyshape series?
More base-game outfits for the existing sizes - 146 (15.1%)
Custom/Celebrity Bodyshapes (like MillaJ meshes) - 127 (13.1%)
Totally original meshes like the Alpha Tshirt & Skirt, Marvine's heels - 235 (24.3%)
Variations on existing sizes (like a 38" Booty Hip set) - 107 (11.1%)
Expansion Set clothing for the existing sizes - 307 (31.7%)
Other (specify below) - 45 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 390

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: What's Next for the Bodyshape Series?  (Read 75933 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2007, 10:36:39 pm »

I'm a new convert to your Project and spent the day doing "drag the files from other projects in Warlokk mesh based projects" type recolors.  

The three things I'd like most are:
the alpha dress
the NL formal dress with the skirt that flares at the knees
Long Dress Two with the annoying dangly thing in the back removed

Thanks for a great project!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
link01000

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2007, 05:25:09 pm »

big, BIG, BIG boobs
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2007, 09:30:30 am »

Yeesh.  Aren't they big enough already?

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2007, 07:40:07 pm »

Lol, on the adult site, there's a Z mesh.  If those aren't big enough,  you're crazy!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Sophie-David

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2007, 05:17:08 pm »

Your work is very impressive, artistic and complete, Warlokk, and I regard it as the definitive expression of female Sims body type variations. Smiley

It turns out I voted with the majority on the poll, looking for more expansion set clothing in the existing sizes - for example Outerwear for Seasons. I see this as more the responsibility of the larger community rather than Warlokk - whom I see as setting the standards. There tends be a flurry of interest from designers when new bodyshapes come out, but the older forms tend to coast along without full support. Themysticalone's work is an exception to this trend, working where there is less flash to fill in the gaps.

Know that you are - already - the Christ, the Bodhisattva. By your great love the One became Many, as with delight and joy you assumed the cloak of duality. Form is made of but three things: energy, change, and love.
Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2007, 08:41:26 pm »

There are lots of things I'd like to see, but you've given us so much already that I can only say -- please do whatever floats your boat!  You've made such a large variety of shapes that there's something for everybody, and lots of people will be thrilled with whatever you make next.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
Roxxy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2007, 08:50:37 pm »

I agree with the majority, more expansion set clothing for your lovely ladies.  I tend to stay with the more realistic shapes;

Classic Pinup
Milla (recently downloaded her)
RIO
Ren Girl
Fashion Model

but I am sure your others are just as popular and have brought some much needed variety in the game.  

I was only thinking last night that I have 'nearly' all the bodyshapes I need to make most of my circle of female friends, who vary from petite and perky (fashion model), and now with RIO that covers a good portion of the group too.   When I also look at the states of fit through to fat, then the possibilities are even more varied.

Thank you so much for all you do with this wonderful project of yours.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 05:58:14 am by Roxxy » Logged

*♥.¸My creations are to stay FREE only, enjoy and give credit where it's due¸.♥*
Naima

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2007, 05:09:42 am »

I was just wondering, what's Milla?

¤¤¤
1st Place MTB5 : Unity
2nd Place 7 Deadly Sims : Kimora[/SIZE]
Roxxy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2007, 05:57:35 am »

Quote from: Naima;757786
I was just wondering, what's Milla?

It's a shape I have seen at either insim or it's seperate adult site.  It is very slim and petite, small bust.  Similar to Milla Jovovich.

*♥.¸My creations are to stay FREE only, enjoy and give credit where it's due¸.♥*
Naima

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2007, 06:22:30 am »

Thanks... I will try to find it seeing as how you listed it with all my favorite bodyshapes =D

¤¤¤
1st Place MTB5 : Unity
2nd Place 7 Deadly Sims : Kimora[/SIZE]
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2007, 08:24:18 am »

Milla is a custom 34A Top shape I made a while back in the nude meshes, based on model/actress Milla Jovovich.  It was my first custom shape attempt, and is intended to work with the 34A clothing.  It is now included in the Complete Nude Collection at the adult site, but was originally released separately.  The newest version is in the collection though.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
slickjack
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2007, 09:18:10 pm »

Warlokk,

I've been downloading your meshes for years now. While I do stray from Sims for lengthy periods of time; I still come back to it and allow it to consume my time. One reason is your terrific meshes!

When you started the Hi-Res Bodyshape program, you started with just tops. After what seemed like an eternity, you did full-body meshes and we were all delighted and grateful for your hard work and devotion to your vision.

At my age, I see no reason to populate my neighborhoods with DD sized refugees from 14 year olds' wet dreams. But I find I'm delighted by the Fashion Model mesh with the nipped in waist. What would really like to see are separates for the FM shape. You know what I mean, mix and match tops and bottoms with the smaller waist and A cup.

I realize this represents a truly awesome amount of work. Awesome as in the amount of work required fills me with awe (maybe terror?). But that's what I'd like to see.

- sj
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2007, 09:24:24 pm »

The problem is, all the newer shapes from the Classic Pinup onward have modified waistlines... what this means is, any separate made for those shapes will not align with any other shape, either the original sizes or the other newer ones.  This is why all the new shapes are full-body outfits only, since trying to keep the different sizes sorted from each other would be nearly impossible, and they simply won't work if they are not matched with the same size.  This was the main limitation to the mix-and-match sizes in the Hi-Res series, I couldn't modify the waist size at all if they were going to work together.

Sophie-David

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2007, 11:39:38 am »

Quote from: Warlokk;763508
The problem is, all the newer shapes from the Classic Pinup onward have modified waistlines... what this means is, any separate made for those shapes will not align with any other shape, either the original sizes or the other newer ones.  This is why all the new shapes are full-body outfits only, since trying to keep the different sizes sorted from each other would be nearly impossible, and they simply won't work if they are not matched with the same size.  This was the main limitation to the mix-and-match sizes in the Hi-Res series, I couldn't modify the waist size at all if they were going to work together.

I can't speak for slickjack on this, but my intent with having top and bottom separates in the named Bodyshape series would be to mix and match within a particular Bodyshape - for example RenGal tops with RenGal bottoms - rather than to try to mingle the separates between Bodyshapes - such as a Classic Pinup top with RenGal bottom.

Know that you are - already - the Christ, the Bodhisattva. By your great love the One became Many, as with delight and joy you assumed the cloak of duality. Form is made of but three things: energy, change, and love.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2007, 04:58:59 pm »

Yes, but the problem is there isn't a practical way to do this in the game... we have CAS collections that work to some extent, but they have to be built manually by the player, and they don't work when buying outfits for the sims in-game, plus when using Collections none of the descriptive text pops up.  If we had more filtering or organization tools available in the game it might be workable, but as it is, it would just be too much of a hassle to make sure you match the correct sizes together.  At least that's my opinion... of course I've just released the magnet sets for all the sizes up to the Booty Gal, so if someone else wants to convert some separates and see how it works, I'm perfectly fine with that, but I have no plans to do it myself.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: