Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:40:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My preg morphs legs keep on going crazy!  (Read 2446 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
exportdry

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2006, 04:41:28 am »

I made my edit in milkshape with a mesh which has a fatbot and pregbot made sure everything is perfect.
Exported it with Unimesh then decided to re-edit the mesh so I imported the mesh again.
Create blend groups yes.
body fine, fatbot fine, pregbot's legs have been linked together!

Don't know why it's just the pregbot?

marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 11:17:11 am »

This is one of the mysteries of Milkshape... Though you don't put a pic (which you should do as a rule)  I think I know exactly what you mean, this can happen with different parts of the body - even the whole body.

I never figured out the real reason for that, it seems to me that it's related to some memory issue in Milkshape since it usually happens to me after a long series of modifications on a mesh with morphs, and every time I noticed an unusual slowness in the program. Among other things, I had to entirely remake my simstones alpha skirt for that reason, and I remember helping fix the chest on one of Warlokk's top meshes.

Depending on the extent of the damage, you can either fix it manually - or remake your mesh from the previous working version... Not good news I'm afraid.

A simple way to avoid that would be to export and import back your mesh every few edits when you're working with morphs (not overwriting the latest working version!).
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 10:24:42 pm »

This is the picture of my morph with the crazy legs.
Sorry I didn't attach an image to the post Marvine.
The vertices are all linked up to other vertices I had not attached them to after importing into mikshape with Unimesh and creating the blend groups.

[ATTACH]48837[/ATTACH]

* Crazy Legs.bmp (1069.29 KB, 548x666 - viewed 221 times.)

exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 11:18:21 pm »

Sigh. . . .
I did some tests with the original mesh. (unedited by me)
Did exactly the same as what I did with the edited one imported with milkshape and Saved as a ms3dfile.
Created a new file, opened ms3D file, exported, created another new file imported, created blend groups and everything came up fine, no crazy pregbot. . . .

Time to try again.

Thanks for the answers.

Keep on running into unexpected problems meshing at the moment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: