Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 10:27:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Forgotten Isle: Chapter 11 (01-09-07)  (Read 13961 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hafise25

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2006, 01:21:02 pm »

We forget things, it's common knowledge. We forgot were Atlantis was, didn't we? I guess we misplaced it. What if something forgotten made you remember?

--------------

I never knew exactly what I was or where I came from. My parents never seemed to have the time to talk about anything. They were just too busy being themselves, I guess.
I bet you'd like to know my name, wouldn't you? Hm, of course you do. I am Sulwen Croich! My name may not mean much to you now, but I promise it will.

I always hated these kinds of things, mainly because I never know where to start. The best place would be my earliest memories, right? Well, look deep into my eyes and I will take you to that time and that place.
---------

~Forgive me if the intro lacks a bit! I think writting a story for a contest is a little easier when you are trying to give that story more heart, etc. This story was originally done for *Your Adventure Starts Here* over at s2c, but I never got the chance to finish it. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to start all over without all the limitations. I'd love feedback!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:16:17 pm by Hafise25 » Logged

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 01:23:34 pm »

Every child wants a loving mother and father! I wanted that more than anyone knew. I couldn't tell my friends about anything. They would just laugh! It seems I got a lot of that growing up, but I brushed it off rather well.

My father, Drew and my mother, Bronwyn were constantly at odds. I don't recall a single kind word they ever said to each other. I didn't see every exchange but the ones I saw were enough for me. My dad was a cop and my mom, well she was just there.

My father and I never really got along. I don't know if it was how he treated my mom or just because he was never home. Oh, don't get me wrong he was a great dad, he just wasn't what other fatheres were. He seemed distant and oddly out of touch.

My mother was great, actually she was perfect. Whenever my father left for work we'd dance around the house and she'd sing for hours. I never understood her as she would sing in Gaelic. She told me once that it was her native language but she never brought it up again.

Then came the night of her breakdown! She was ranting and raving for hours that someone was trying to kill her. She laughed hysterically at me when I told her no one was there! My father walked me out of the room and called her doctor. I don't know what the doctor said but she went away for several years!

While she was gone I got to know my father a little better. We spent more and more time together! When he annouced she was coming home shortly after my sixteenth birthday, I was a little sad. I wanted what other girls had with their fathers and if she came home I knew she would ruin it.

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 01:26:41 pm »

I noticed a change about her the second she came through the back door. Her hair was shorter and her eyes were completely different. They looked at everything with barely concealed paranoia. She faltered a little when she saw me and started acting like a chicken. I just figured this was part of her therapy.

I should have known better. A week later I found her pleading behind one of the weeping willows in our yard. She was babbling incoherently and staring off into the distance.

After my seventeenth birthday and no signs of my mother getting better or worse for that matter! I headed to see a local gypsy woman named Morgause. She told me that my mothers problem lay in a different land.
My first instinct was to ask my mother but she wouldn't talk to me so I put it off!

My eighteenth birthday dawned clear and bright. I was ready for the world or at least I thought I was.
My golden morning turned into a dismal shade of grey the moment my parents looked at my face.
"What is that," my mother screamed. Finally breaking her silence towards me!
"Huh?"
"Did you get a tattoo?"
"No, I wouldn't! Not yet," I yelled as I raced towards the dining room mirror.

"This can't be happening, Drew!"
" I know, dear. Oh by the Goddess, why now?"
"Why what," I screamed. I only wanted to know what was going on! I didn't mean any disrespect! It came as quite a surprise to find myself pushed up against the wall.
"Why, you," my mother asked over and over as she continued to push me into the wall.

Finally the shock wore off and I pushed her off me.
"Don't ever touch me again!"
"You are mine and I'll do with you as I please," my mother sneered, "You are nothing!"
"Nothing! You are nothing, mother! I can't take anymore of this!"
"Sweetie," called my father's voice.
"NO!," I yelled, fleeing from the room.

I ran out of the front door, not knowing where I was going. I didn't care! I wanted to be as far away from them as I could possibly be!
"Go to the Docks," I heard someone calling.
"Wh..What? Who said that?"
"The Docks," was the faint reply.

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 01:27:53 pm »

Will update with the Chapter 2-8 when I get back from the store. I hate shopping.

Call me Say or else...
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 03:28:10 pm »

love it so far!

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 04:58:53 pm »

Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress.
~Bruce Barton
--------------------------------

I ran through empty streets and alleyways, following the voices that led me onward to the docks. That sirens call was never ending or so it seemed. My heart was pounding in my throat and my legs felt like they were made of jello. Finally, seeing the stone edges of the docks I finally realized the voices were gone. I wanted to weep with relief but I heard a familiar voice.

"Hello dear," the wizened voice rang out causing the few seagulls there to take flight.
"Morgause," I yelled over the pounding waves.
"One and the same," came the answering call, "Come aboard. There's no time to waste."
Although the boat looked older than time itself my feet moved on their own. My brain seemed to be sending out signals that I didn't want it to. Before long I found myself on the boat and felt it pitch forward.

I went in the first door I found and noticed a young girl sitting on the floor. She turned as I entered and motioned to the place across from her.
"You must be Sulwen," she said grinning.
"Uh, yes and you are?"
"Oh where are my manners. I'm Lark," she said still holding the grin on her face, "you might want to change."
"Change?"
"Yes, you can't wear that to the island. You'll faint from the heat," she giggled, "I have something you can borrow."

I will admit I was a little confused but I didn't argue mainly because I didn't know where we were headed. I put on the clothes and let out a little laugh. they fit me perfectly almost as if they were made for me but I dismissed that thought.
"Ah good," Morgause said as she entered the room, "I see you've met Lark. She'll provide you with all the information you need."
"Okay," I said twirling about. I really liked the boots!

"Where are you from," I asked.
"Here and there," Lark answered, "I spent most of my life on this little Isle off the coast of Lucius Point. You'll really like it there, I promise."
"Hm, I hope so," I muttered feeling the first drops of rain.
"Whoa, nothing like a summer storm," Lark said laughingly.
"Yeah," I agreed with a little jump as lightning struck the open water, "I think we should go inside."
"Agreed," Lark said cutting off a yawn.

"Sulwen. Sulwen dear wake up!"
"What the," I grumbled. I must have dozed off during the storm. I got up and looked around to see who called my name. I found wisps of black smoke spiraling up towards the sails.

I followed it all the way to the stern of the boat and looked out over the water. The boat was pitching wildly in the turbulent waves and suddenly I felt a hard shove on the small of my back. I was sent over the boat. My arms flailed out beside me hoping to catch on to something before I feel head first into the water.

I'm going to die, ran over and over in my head. The water was rushing up to greet me all to fast. I knew I was going to die. I wanted my mom and dad. I didn't know my journey would hit me like this. I just wanted to save my mom, make her better if possible.
Oh God.......

"I got you," called a male voice. He appeared out of nowhere and was walking on water.
"I...Th..," I mumbled but the darkness was fighting to take me under.
"Ssh, rest now," He said brushing my rain slicked hair out of my face, "You're going to be fine."
If he said anymore I didn't catch for the darkness had taken me under.

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 05:00:48 pm »

Opening my eyes I noticed I wasn't back on the boat although I still felt the swaying. It looked as if I was in a forest. I could still hear the ocean waves so I knew I wasn't to far from the shore.
"The man must have put me here," I muttered. Where is here?

"Sulwen, over here," I heard the sirens call.
"No, go away," I screamed rising off of the bed of leaves.
"Over here. Come find us, come play with us."
"Great, playful little voices," I mumbled under my breath. Couldn't they just leave me alone!

"Sulwen," a louder voice boomed.
I turned around thinking it was behind me, but to my dismay and delight nothing was there.
"Come out, please," I begged.
"Find us," it called playfully.
"Wonderful," I called! Stupid, playful voices. I wonder if this is what my mother was hearing.

I walked to the edge of the flowers and noticed two people standing there. Well I thought they were people but the closer I got the more iridescent they seemed. I could see through them! I fell to the ground screaming for them to go away.
"It's alright," they spoke softly, "We mean you no harm."
"Get away from me," I screamed and jumped up running.

Tree limbs tried to claim my clothes but I ran heedlessly into the forest. I just wanted to get away from the things I had seen.
"Someone help me," I screamed.
"Come back," the voices called.
'No, get away! Leave me alone," I cried, my lips trembling in fear.

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 05:03:34 pm »

"We do not know the true value of our moments until they have undergone the test of memory."
--George Duhamel

I ran finally reaching the edge of the forest. The voices followed me calling my name over and over. They wanted me for something but I wasn't about to find out what that was.
Night had blessedly fallen and I was in my element. I hate the day but that goes back to my childhood. I saw light piercing the darkness and hoped that it was a house or whatever they had on this place. My stomach growled at me and I new it was also long ago since I had eaten anything.
"Please be somewhere safe," I cried out in the dark.

The light lead me to a stone tower with nothing but bushes surrounding it. I looked around to check if it was occupied but I saw no one in the window. There was no one around. I sent up a silent pray for solitude. I just needed to think things through, figure out where I was.
"Don't you remember," came a male voice out of the tower.
How was that possible? I saw no one! It was empty.
"Humans," came the chuckled response to my thoughts, "You can never think outside of the box."
"Who is there?"

"Not who but what," the voice called, "I am Da'kar!"
A wolf with glowing yellow eyes bounded out the front door. I was a little surprised since he was black as night but looked friendly enough.
"I am Sulwen"
"I know who you are and I have a message for you," Da'Kar spoke, showing his wickedly sharp teeth, "Go to the lake at first light! Do not be late and do not forget!:
"Which way is this lake?"
"Go east and you will reach it. You may stay here tonight. There is food inside for you."

I ate what I could and found my eyes closing. I laid down on the floor next to some pillows and looked at Da'Kar.
"You will be fine here," Da'Kar answered, quieting the fear in my eyes and heart.
"Were you always as you are now?"
"No," he answered on a sigh, "Once I was a man. I crossed the Goddess' here one to many times and this is now my fate. I can not change it however much I want to."
"I'm sorry," I stated, reaching up to stroke him behind the ears.
"It was so long ago," he said moving back, "Don't forget! The lake at first light."
I drifted off before he finished and I never heard him leave. I awoke with the first streaks of red crossed the sky and headed east.

"I like promptness," a beautiful lady said, rising out of the lake.
"Prompt or not, I am here. What is it you want from me?"
"You don't remember do you, my child?"
"Remember what," I asked, frustration filling my voice.
"If you can not remember I can not tell you," she said smiling, " I am Eris, the Goddess of this lake."
"Yeah," I shrugged
"Insolent human," she sneered, "I am here to help you."
"Then tell me where I am?"
"I will not but I will show you and perhaps you can remember!"

She lead me further east and then turning south we arrives at a dried out shell of a house. There two other woman awaited her.
"Hail sisters!"
"Hail Eris," called the female with red hair, "Is this she:"
"Yes," Eris called.
"Nothing much is she," stated the raven haired beauty.
"Ah, Tralena, ever the pessimist!"
Hanging apart from them, I figured they all must be the Goddess' that cursed Da'Kar. I wonder if I could make them change him back!
"Well she will have to change. Aya and Phoenix are on their way here, Tralena muttered.
"Ah the messengers of the Queen," Eris explained to me, "Imena can you have her changed and ready, now"
"I would be honored," Imena called and caught my hand in hers,"It'll just be a glamour, don't worry."

It was a really quick glamour in my estimation! It took all of a second for Imena to change my other clothes into a golden dress. She also lengthened my hair, which was an annoyance.
"She is ready," Imena called.
"Wonderful," Eris said clasping her hands together.
"Just in time, my sister. I hear the beat of the messengers wings," Tralena laughed.

The ghost like creatures I had seen in the forest came up over the walls. This place is rather odd but it's better than home by far.
"Human," Aya and Phoenix spoke as one. Their voice bouncing off the hollowed out walls.
"Yes," I squeaked.
"You are to see her majesty, today. She commands your presence in her hall no later than sundown!"
"Commands," the icy hatred in my voice must have been evident.
"She hears and she obeys," Eris called to the messengers'.
"See that she does, Goddess!"
The winged messengers flew off and the Goddess' nudged me out of the house.
"Just follow us and say nothing unless you are spoken to," Tralena called over her shoulder as she started out on a stone pathway.

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 05:05:51 pm »

Just before sundown we reached the castles outer walls. I noticed a shiny blue orb and asked Eris about it.
"It is what protects us. That is all you need to know. Now hurry!"
"Stupid Humans," Tralena called up to me.
"Ssh," called out Imena, "They will hear us!"
"They," I asked, deeply confused.
"Nothing," Eris stated, sending Imena a dark look.

Eris ushered me inside the hall and told me to kneel before the King and Queen. I noticed Aya and Phoenix standing guard behind them.
"Your majesty," I said kneeling but I refused to bow my head.
"So you are the human. You look oddly familiar," the Queen spoke in even and calming voice.
"I would not know, your majesty."
"Please, rise"
"Thank you. Your majesty, where am I?"
"She doesn't remember," the Queen shouted.
"I'm sorry Queen Zenobia! We had no idea she wouldn't remember," Eris said bowing.

"You must remember," the Queen shouted, steeping towards me with her fists raised, "That is the only way this will work."
"I...I.."
"Stop it! Put her in the dungeon until she remembers," the Queen roared.
"Your majesty, please," Eris pleaded stepping between us.
"NO! She will be sent to the dungeon. This is very disappointing, just be glad I don't send you and your sisters there as well!"
"Yes" Eris said hanging here head.
"Aya, Phoenix take her away. Get her out of my sight," the Queen raved.
"Yes, my Queen," they answered.
I found myself being hauled down flights of cold steps into the foulest place on earth.

I was in the dungeon for two days before anyone came to visit me. I was starving and bawling my eyes out. I just couldn't remember whatever it is they want me to remember!
"It will be alright," the King's voice drifted over to me. He sounded oddly like Da'Kar.
"I'm sorry, your Majesty," I hiccuped while trying to dry my eyes.
"My wife has came to her senses and has decided to give you a bedroom in the castle. If you will follow me," he said rising.
'Of course, lead the way!"

"Here we are," he said shoving open an ivy laden door.
"Oh, it's beautiful!"
"I'm glad you like it. I will have food delivered to you," he said walking out of the door. I heard the unmistakable sound of a click as the door was locked behind him.
"So I still remain a prisoner," I sighed, "Just on a grander scale."

I sat down on the divan that was in the room and tried to figure out how I could get out of this. It didn't come quickly.
Scanning the room I noticed a crack in one of the windows. I pushed the ivy out of the way and used it to pull myself out. I couldn't go down because it was a sheer rock face, so I went up.

I couldn't get down either way. On one side I had the sheer rocks and on the other a straight fall down to the ground. I didn't want to chance hurting myself and being stuck here in...
That's when it came to me. Standing up on that high wall the name of the place I was in hit me.
"Aslemor! I'm in Aslemor. I remember," I screamed at the top of my lungs, "I remember!"

It pleased the Queen a little that I remembered where I was but I still couldn't remember anymore. She let out into her private gardens to talk and try to remember more.
I had to! She told me I only had two weeks to remember and if I didn't it was back to the dungeon.
I want to remember!
"You will," I heard Da'kars voice whisper as if he was standing beside me.
"I hope so," I called upon the wind, for two weeks is a long time to wait to talk to anyone.

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 05:08:39 pm »

My favorite thing from back home was snow. I used to play in it for hours and make snow angels. Imagine my surprise when it snowed in Aslemor. I had no one to enjoy it with, however as my two weeks were not up.

The odd thing about it was that it wasn't cold. The flakes that fell were as warm as pond on a clear summer day. I was wearing this odd dress also, with something akin to a crown gracing my brow. I thought it could have been a dream but I could feel everything.

Then as if I was watching a movie the scene switched and I was in a room I didn't recognize. I must say it was more than beautiful, it was breath taking. I didn't know what would happen next so I scanned the room for as many clues as I could. I couldn't even get the floor pattern down before the scene changed again.

"Da'Kar," I sighed, although it wasn't me.
"Ssh, my heart. Just let go."
"Yes."
I was dismayed that the scene changed once again, just when it was getting good!

"I wish they would let us wed," Da'Kar said wistfully.
"I know, but they will not allow it. I don't know why. Why does it have to be so difficult?"
"What is love without the trials and heartbreak?"
"I don't. I just don't know."
"Everything will work out I just know it," Da'Kar said giving my hand a gentle squeeze.
I wanted to know more. That was not to be as I heard shouting as if from a distance.

"Who moved here into that room," I heard Tralena shout.
"Can you not guess my sister?"
"If I could have guessed, I won't have asked!"
"Oh do shut up both of you. You might wake her!"
"Who cares," I heard Imena call, "She can't or won't remember anything."
Their voices started to trail off so I climbed out of the familiar bed and headed over to the door.

"I don't understand why the Queen wants her to remember so badly," Tralena whispered.
"Don't you," Eris asked pointedly.
"I know, I know but you would think," Tralena trailed off.
"I hear movement from inside," Imena calmly stated.
"Let's go then," Eris said and I saw her motion for the sisters to follow her.

I wanted to know where they were going at such a late hour that I just had to follow them. I once again found myself in the same woods that I arrived at. However, there was a little hut in the clearing that I did not notice before. Taking little baby steps I got as close as I could.

I almost wish I hadn't. The sisters were dancing around a cauldron, blood dripping from slashes on their palms.
"We call the Gods of sleep and the Goddess of memory to help the girl on her way," the sisters intoned, "Let her see only what needs to be seen."
If they were Goddesses themselves would they even need to call on others, I thought.
"Let us hope this works."
"If it doesn't," Imena asked.
"Then we get to have a bit of fun," Tralena answered with an evil little grin.

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 05:10:47 pm »

I woke up the next morning to find a red gown laying across my bed. I put it on which was no easy task and headed out to the gardens. It seems I have spent a lot of time here. That's all I have is time, right now at least. After almost two hours seating in the garden the sisters came and told me to follow them.

I admit I was a little nervous but when they took me to the royal library instead, I was overjoyed! We spent many hours reading the history of the isle but nothing rang a bell. The sisters were a little distressed over this but everything takes time.
I didn't mention my visions or dreams that I had the night before. I didn't really know what they were. However before long curiosity got the better of me.

"Who is Da'Kar," I asked Eris.
"How do you know that name?"
"It was the name of the wolf that told me about the lake," I answered.
"I sent no wolf," Eris sneered, "You are lying."
"There was a wolf. He had glowing yellow eyes and said he once was a man."
"If you can not remember then I can not help you," she answered sweetly.
"Can not or will not?"
"Perhaps a little of both," she said laughingly, "Come you have an audience with the Queen and you must change."
"Yeah, whatever!"

"Have you remembered anything?"
"No, your majesty," I answered.
"You only have another week."
"I know," I said rising.
"Good, that is all," she said waving a dismissive hand.

"The room I'm in," I said glancing over my shoulder, "Who did it belong to?"
"You have the answer," the Queen answered.
"No, that is why I'm asking," I said whirling back towards her.
"Yes. Yes, you do! That is all! Begone!"
"Fine!"

I stormed out of the hall and towards the little chapel. I was more than frustrated. I was ticked off, royally! That is when I noticed the statue.
Dedicated to Queen Bronwyn. The light and heart of our world, it read.
My mother, I thought, impossible! Yet, it would make some sense. No, it is impossible!

As I was getting ready for bed that night I felt a change come over me. Instantly I knew my whole world was about to change yet again.
"Do not worry so," I heard Da'Kars voice.
"How can I not?"
"Just don't, it will give you wrinkles. What will be, will be. You can not change that, my heart."
"Da'Kar, wait....."

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 05:14:01 pm »

A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory.
Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
---------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning to a terrible headache. I thought it was nothing for the most part until bits of memory started to float through my mind. The mist that had been clinging there lifting. It was all too much. The unbearable pain.

"Sheild up, Sulwen! How are you going to protect this land if you can not protect yourself?"
"I know! I know! We've been going over the same thing since I could remember," I sighed.
"Then you should now," Tralena said, slanted her sword down at mine.
It never made a sound as it fell to the ground followed by my sheild.

"Do you yield," Tralena asked as she knocked me off balance.
"Yes!"
"You give up to easily. Remember your sword isn't your only weapon. I fear for this kingdom when you come to power."
"You say that each and everytime," I grimaced.
"It is true. That's all for the day. Imena should be in the library waiting on you."
"I know, endless rounds of lessons," I muttered heading off toward my rooms to change.

"Why does this spell give you problems," Imena asked after several hours of trying to teach me a levitation spell.
"I don't know. My mind is not here today."
"It hasn't been here for nearly two moons now," Imena sighed.
"I'm sorry. I'll practice on my own time," I promised.

"Where is that spellbook," I grumbled.
"Second shelf," Imena called from behind me.
"Thank you," I threw over my shoulder pulling the book out.
"What do you want with a potion book? You mastered that when you were five."
"Just brushing up, that's all," I explained not daring to look at her.
"Uh huh!"

"Sulwen, a moment," the Queen called out to me.
"Yes," I said not looking up from the flowers I was plucking.
"We need to talk about your lessons with Eris."
"No, I'm done with that!"
"Earth magic is important here in Aslemor, please reconsider," the Queen implored.
"I've learned all I can. Besides we do not get a long."
"I did not know," the Queen said casting a side long galnce at the flowers.

"Is there something you need to tell me," the Queen asked.
"No!"
"The Goddess' say that you are not giving your all to your lessons."
"They would say that," I sneered, "None of them like me overly much. Why is that?"
"I would not know, my dear."
"Figures!"
"What?"
"You don't know anything. You always say that! You have to know why they dislike me so much. You have to," I ranted.
I wanted to get away. I wanted to be anywhere then here having this conversation with...

"...NO," I screamed bolting upright in bed.
It can not be true, I thought. I'm going to refuse to believe it. This whole thing is nothing more than a dream.

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 05:16:53 pm »

"Da'kar," I called.
"Here by the lake, my heart."
"I was so afraid you would not meet with me tonight."
"I will always be here for you," Da'Kar said reaching up to brush an errant strand of hair away from my face.
"I've missed you so."
"Not half as much as I have missed you," he growled and leaning in gave me the fiercest kiss I've ever had.

"What are you doing," I asked as Da'Kar dropped to his knees.
"Worshipping a Goddess," he laughing up at me.
"Do not say that! They already hate me enough," I cried.
"It will be all right, my princess. You can always cry on my shoulder."
"Hmm, yes," I said snuggling deep into his arms, "I could stay like this all night."
"Then the morning comes and reality dawns," he kissed into my hair.
"There is that."

Morning always comes to soon for me. I never have enough time to spend with Da'Kar. I want more than moonlight kisses and stolen caresses. Why should I not have it all? I am the heir, am I not? I must talk to the Queen.

"This must be truly important!"
"Yes, I have a request," I stated looking up.
"What is this request?"
"I would like leave to marry Da'Kar Kane," I rushed out, tripping over words.
"What," she screamed, "Aya, Phoenix to me."
"NO! Please, do not," I cried.
"You love him?"
"With all of my heart!"

"It is impossible," the queen shouted as she rose, "You can not. No one of my blood will marry such as he!"
"Please, just listen."
"Never," she ranted, her face red with fury.
"Please!"
"No and that is the final word of a Queen!"
"What about the word of a....."

"You have remembered?"
"Yes my Queen or should I just call you mother," I asked.
"You do remember! My daughter!"
"Do not! I want answers first!"
"Of course," she said bowing her head.

"Why do I have memories of one life but not this one?"
"That would be my sister's fault," She explained, "You see, I was young and foolish. I loved where I should not. I loved my sisters husband and I conceived a child. You, my daughter."
"Goddess," I groaned.
"Oh it gets worse," she said holding her head with her palm, "Follow me."

She lead me to the statue of Queen Bronwyn. There she continued her tale.
"You see my sister could not have children, not that she really wanted any. Her husband, however, desired a child more than anything. He came to me one night and asked if I would grant him an annulment. I refused for I did not want to see my sister unhappy. Foolish I know! At the time all I thought of was her happiness," she paused to take a deep breath, "She was the first born and the rightful heir. However our mother felt she was not right. She would wonder for days in the woods."
"She hasn't changed much." I muttered.
"I didn't think she would. After months of your father begging I finally granted an annulment. My sister did not take it well nor the fact that I was carrying his child. I went in to confinement until I gave birth to you. My sister ruled in my place. She corrupted everything she touched. Your father vanished while I was away. I do not know what happened to him to this day."
"There was a man with her that helped raise me but he seemed a little distant," I explained.
"Ah, a ghost nothing more. It's the same with your childhood and teenage years. I am sorry."
"It wasn't so...."
"My Queen, there are people at the gates," Aya announced.
"Shall we," my mother motioned for me to walk with her, we shall finish this later."

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 05:17:34 pm »

Thanks StarLucid.

Call me Say or else...
Hafise25

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 05:20:16 pm »

I followed my mother to the gate. Once there we found her husband and the two guardians talking and laughing with two strangers. Although they did look a little familiar to me.
"Lark, darling is that you," my mother called to the pale grey figure.
"Who else would it be mother?"
"It is good to have my two daughters back home," our mother laughed.
"You mean she made it," Lark called up and noticed me beside our mother, "Ah I see that she did. Who helped you out of the ocean sister dear?"
"I do not know. I awoke here in the forest," I explained.
"Hmm...likely," Lark sneered.
"Now now," Morgause sighed, "Sorry your majesty but it seems Lark has a strong dislike of our dear Sulwen."
"So I hear. Let us go into the hall. I do think there is a storm approaching."

"You look different," I said to Lark when we entered the Hall.
"Of course I do! Do you think the humans would like my grey skin?"
"How should I know? I've seen much and remembered much since I came here. No thanks to you I might add."
"Well, we do what we have to do," she replied.
"I guess."
"Now my daughters," our mother broke in.
"Why do you have to have her here? Am I not enough for you," Lark stormed, "She is nothing. I can smell the taint of mortality about her."
"We are all mortal," Morgause put in.
"You don't understand! None of you," Lark said heading for the doors, "If you need me I'll be in my rooms."
"Same here," I said following her out.

"What are you doing in here?"
"This is my room," Lark stated.
"No, it is mine! It has always been mine," I screamed.
"After I was born it became mine. That was about ten years after our aunt stole you away."
"Well I'm back so get OUT!"
"Fine, but I promise you this: It will be mine again."

"Hello Sulwen," Lark said the next morning.
"Hi."
"I see you like Aslemors lake."
"Yes. It is a little clearer than those in the mortal realm."
"Of course it is. I have a question for you."
"Okay."
"Have you remembered Da'Kar?"
"Of course."
"Do you know who cursed him? You know after you left."
"How could I know?"
"I think you know."

"Are you saying our mother did it," I asked stunned.
"Who else? Do you think the Goddesses currently residing at Aslemor castle have that power? I can assure you they do not. They may be able to help cure him though."
"Who is that," I asked motioning towards a wolf I had never seen before.
"This is Leane. She was..I mean is my maid. Our mother cursed her too."
"Why?"
"Why do you think or do you not think?"
"You loved her," I said as realization dawned.
"Of course I did. Just as you loved Da'Kar. Now go ask the Goddesses about the Heart Wish. I would like to know as much as you."
"Why are you helping me?"
"If it works for then it can work for me. I'm sorry Sulwen for everything. You should not be here," she said glancing down at Leane, "Go, please."

"I have come about the Heart Wish," I spoke before any of them noticed I was there.
"Who told you of that?"
"It does not matter. Can it be done?"
"By you? Never," Eris snickered, "You do not have the power."
"Do not be so sure, sister! She had much power when she studied under me."
"She can not perform it. It could very well kill her," Tralena said.
"I do not care. Please tell me!"
"Fine. Listen carefully because we refuse to help you or Da'Kar. It goes against the wishes of our Queen."

"You must do it as soon as possible. The vial we gave you will not keep past the full moon."
"I understand."
"Good then leave us. Do not ask another favor of us," Eris said dismissing me.
"Thank you," I said rising, "I will not forget this."

I walked into the woods to pick the herbs they told me I would need. My heart was heavy for if I failed then Da'Kar would stay in wolf form forever.
"Do not try this, my heart," Da'Kar called.
"I must. I have to at least try."
"Why? Am I not still here with you?"
"Only your voice! I want it all Da'Kar. Do you not have the same needs and feelings as I?"
"Yes! If you should fail though it is your life."
"I will be fine! The next time I hear your voice I want to see your face!"

Call me Say or else...
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: