Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 02:14:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HALP I can't figure out how to make a brand-new default replacement package.  (Read 2437 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2006, 08:25:22 pm »

For reference, I already posted a request for help making a new set of default replacements here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=207922

Right now, I'm trying to make my reflective glasses ( http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30941 ) into a default replacement package. I know how to find the resources associated with a file with the Resource Finder in SimPE, but I don't actually know which set of resources is the right set. :-.  

Should I be looking in PropertySets, or NameMaps? And which set of results should I export?

Once I get everything exported, do I need to make a new file, or can I open up my exported file and edit that?

I'd poke around and experiment more, but I'm slightly terrified that I'm going to blow up my game.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 08:33:27 pm by alkaloid » Logged

marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 03:11:32 am »

Alkaloid,

I didn't make replacement packages with accessories yet, so here are just a few thoughts.
From what I know and experimented with other types of packages, you just need to make the game read your modified data instead of the defaults, in this case the material definitions, and the textures for those you changed; you shouldn't have to do anything with the other files. Or did you edit stuff in the property sets?

Without further indications, I'd say that you need to extract just the material definitions and texture files - since I hate the Resource Finder (too slow on my comp) I can't give you a step by step about that LOL

Then you can put all the extracted stuff in a single package to regroup the whole set of replacements, or put them in separate packages for smaller files - it's up to you; redo the same edits you made to your glasses, don't change or rename anything else and it should be ok.
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 12:18:16 am »

Quote from: marvine;466877
Alkaloid,

I didn't make replacement packages with accessories yet, so here are just a few thoughts.
From what I know and experimented with other types of packages, you just need to make the game read your modified data instead of the defaults, in this case the material definitions, and the textures for those you changed; you shouldn't have to do anything with the other files. Or did you edit stuff in the property sets?

Without further indications, I'd say that you need to extract just the material definitions and texture files - since I hate the Resource Finder (too slow on my comp) I can't give you a step by step about that LOL

Then you can put all the extracted stuff in a single package to regroup the whole set of replacements, or put them in separate packages for smaller files - it's up to you; redo the same edits you made to your glasses, don't change or rename anything else and it should be ok.

I only edited the material definitions and textures. ^_^

See, that's what's messing me up. There are several incarnations of the material definitions coming up, and....

:violent2:

Sorry, my head just exploded. I guess at this point, I'm just going to extract everything I can find and try different things until something works.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: