Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:55:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Of Lace and Lore - Chapter 8 Up!!!  (Read 21796 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SapphirePitbull

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2007, 07:42:16 am »

Gah! I just found this and read the entire thing mezmerized, oh please let there be more coming soon!!

Designed to Sell: Shyama Prather - Second
Mister Teen USA: Wyatt Tisdale - Second
Kielen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2007, 01:37:40 am »

There is...as soon as Miss Fairytale is finished, it's Lace's turn. Wink

"I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2007, 10:16:28 am »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2007, 07:08:05 pm »

this is so good!  but ch. 6 kinda confused me...i think i get most of it but the one when he was still human and she was a younger angel just totally went over my head. so pleeeeeeease update!

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
Kielen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2007, 11:32:05 am »

I'm writing it now...Hopefully I'll have time to get pics on Saturday. Cheesy *crosses her fingers* The younger picture will hopefully make sense in a few chapters. Wink

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2007, 07:12:38 pm »

YESSSS!!! Cheesy

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
daytonaraceway

That which does not kill me... Had run pretty fast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2007, 03:27:01 pm »

YAY!!! I can't wait!

Note to self: It\'s illegal to stab people for being stupid!
Fercho

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2007, 03:38:08 pm »

Ooohhhhh Kielen!
this story is fantastic! I love it... the pics are gorgeous Wink

Fercho´s  SPIDER TRAP
 - A psychological thriller with sims - RATED R
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2007, 05:10:44 pm »

Wow. Well done! And your photography is wonderful.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Kittycataussie

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2007, 07:55:17 pm »

Kielen, have you almost got the pics done yet? Maybe it can be and Easter Bunny treat?!?! sorry 'bout that, but I've been spending Waaay too much time with my little sister!

How I feel like a cat in a burlap sac some times. Don't forget to be cheerfully Eeyore blue!:study:
Kielen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2007, 06:16:46 pm »

Lace shot straight up in bed, his heart racing. The dream had seemed so real...but he was still in his room, still in his bed. And she wasn't there. Just like last time. He slid to the edge of the bed and sighed. This was making his life too complicated. And the dreams were insane...why did she keep showing up? It wasn't like she hadn't harassed him enough in real life...
He slid out of bed, and headed for the shower.

The water was hot, soothing his restless thoughts. He let it wash over him, calming his scrambled mind, washing away the bizarre dream. He stood like that for several minutes, and then suddenly slapped the water off. He hopped out and toweled off quickly.
This was useless. He had to know what was going on. He dressed quickly and headed downstairs, checking his watch. 8:15. Dark enough, more or less. Sliding into the car, he backed out of the driveway, and took off, not exactly sure where he was going.

When he arrived, he realized it wasn't really a surprise. The weeping willows rustled softly, calling him towards the quietly sleeping dead. He'd always liked this cemetery...until Araina died. He looked down at his hands, fiddling with his keys, and then took a deep breath and started for the gate.

The iron creaked at his touch, but opened smoothly. The wind slipped past his face, cool and sweet. He slowly walked in. He knew exactly where Araina's grave was, but this time, it wasn't really what he was looking for. He wasn't sure what he was looking for.
He slowly wandered the aisles, looking at the weather worn stones, each representing one more person whose life had ended so soon. Some had flowers, some were empty, many were covered with vines and a few weeds.
His heart twisted for a moment, feeling an empathy with the forgotten souls sleeping cold and quiet. Like him, they had nothing left and no one to remember them.

After walking for a while, he was nearing where Araina was buried. His heart tugged a little more, and his eyes blurred as he walked up behind her tombstone, just enough for him not to notice the small bush in front of him. He tripped, regained his balance, and looking down, froze.
The bush wasn't a bush. It was a tangle of vines that had been twisted around another small stone, barely two feet from Araina's grave.

He couldn't move. He couldn't believe he'd never seen it. And even more, for some reason, he was afraid to see the name on it. He stood there for a few moments, just staring. Finally, he made himself move. He slowly knelt down and brushed the vines back from the stone. An almost shock like sensation rushed down his fingers as he touched the stone. The vines moved easily, and with them gone, the inscription was easily visible.
The sight made his blood run cold. It was the tombstone from his dream. On the marble was the name. Her name.

"I don't understand." The words slipped from his lips. He looked at the small stone, stunned. He started moving more vines away, desperate to understand. A small beat up vase rolled out of the vines, and as he pulled away the last of the leaves, he noticed a small line of text at the bottom of the stone. He gently blew the dust out of the letters and traced a finger over them. They looked newer, almost uneven. They couldn't have been on the stone originally.
He glanced around, and then bent closer.

Even in death, no one can separate sisters...

A wave of sadness swept over him. Someone else here had lost a sister too. The oddity of the dream, the familiarity of the tombstone, the name, they didn't matter anymore. All he could think of was the woman somewhere going through the same pain as he was, and that something must have happened to her to leave the grave like this, deserted and dirty.
He looked over at Araina's grave, clean and white, the flowers he had delivered every week blooming beautifully. He stepped over, knelt down, and gently pulled a rose from Araina's bouquet.
"I know you'd understand..." He traced a finger across her stone, fighting tears.

He slowly stood up, and stepping back to the other neglected stone, he laid the single rose across the top. He finished gently clearing the vines, and stood up. He was quiet for a moment, the loss of so much hanging in the air.
Then he turned and started for the car. Blinking away the last of the tears, he slid his sunglasses on. Grief would have to wait. It was time for work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2007, 06:53:23 pm »

LAAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Heee heee!!! I was the first one to see the uptade of your adorable story, Kiel!!!!

I love it!!!

And I love Lace!!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 06:57:45 pm by NyxMorrighan » Logged

I used to be Nyxie
daytonaraceway

That which does not kill me... Had run pretty fast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2007, 02:12:50 pm »

Very good! I had to go back and read chapter 6 first but I loved it.

Note to self: It\'s illegal to stab people for being stupid!
Kittycataussie

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2007, 07:16:49 pm »

Absolutely awesome! I adore Lace. I wish my game worked so I could ask where to find him. sigh
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 07:17:19 pm by Kittycataussie » Logged

How I feel like a cat in a burlap sac some times. Don't forget to be cheerfully Eeyore blue!:study:
Kielen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2007, 02:25:35 am »

Eclipse sat on the bench, staring sightlessly across the garden. She traced a finger on his arm, and he started and turned toward her.
"I didn't hear you." He said quietly. Lucy smiled sweetly and sat down next to him.
"No one ever does, Eclipse." He half smiled, and reached for her hand, his fingers tangling with hers.
"How is she?" She didn't answer at first and looked away. "You have to tell me, Lucy. I have to take care of her, even though she thinks she doesn't need help."
She looked down for a moment, and then looked up and met his gaze. For a moment he thought he might drown in the endless beauty reflected in her eyes, but then she spoke.
"She's Lore. She always will be, Eclipse. Nothing any of us say will stay with her. She pushes us away. Especially when she needs us."
Eclipse nodded sadly, and gently released her fingers.

"Then I have to go." She nodded and watched him stand. "Thank you, Lucy."

A sudden rush of wind, a blinding flash of light, and he was gone. She looked toward the garden's exit, absently fiddling with the fingers he'd held so close and wondering where this would end...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: