Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 01:36:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: *MESHER'S RESOURCE* Hi-Res Bodyshape Poser Magnet Sets - New Sets added 2-11  (Read 105254 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2007, 11:53:59 am »

My neck seems to be fine.

Here's what works for me (Poser 7):
Import: I only check "Weld Identical Vertices" and "Make Polygon Normals Consistent"
Export: I only check "Include Figure Names," "Use Body Part Names..." and "Use Exact Internal Names..."
Meshtool: I unheck Import Normals

When I do all those, I get no side seams, my neck lines up, and I don't get those weird shadows on the hands and front of the neck.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2007, 12:18:59 pm »

Yeah, but the welding in Poser can pretty much wreck the mesh sometimes, especially if you're going to do anything more with it in Milkshape.  I never use it.  When importing, I uncheck everything, and to export I check the first 4 boxes.  I turn off Normals and UV in Mesh Tool too.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2007, 01:35:40 pm »

I'll keep that in mind for when I start doing actual modifications in Milkshape, since I'm guessing that's where I'll run into problems with it.  I seem to be able to get away with it for just using these magnets and not checking the weld on import seems to give me side seams when I do it just through Mesh Tool.  Anyway, thanks for releasing the magnets. I'm well on my way to having all the adult tank tops in bodyshape sizes.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2007, 06:41:35 pm »

Quote from: Warlokk;520063
The Joint Editor is under the Window menu, you need to change the Center Point numbers to 0 as shown for Y and Z, before you rotate anything.  Then you change the yrotate to 180, and xrotate to 90.

I just noticed this... but for me, I had to yrotate -180 and xrotate 90, rather than a yrot of 180... If I used 180, the model is facing the wrong direction.

Fodi is my comic.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2007, 06:58:00 pm »

Hmm that's pretty weird, since 180 and -180 are exactly the same rotation, just different directions... you'd think the result would be the same either way.  Ah well, whatever works... Cheesy

themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2007, 09:43:17 am »

...Nevermind.  When I first  was trying to get things rotated properly, I had done 0, -90 (y, x) or something, and I guess when I fixed that I used -180 instead of 180 and remembered the first failed rotation as being 180 y.

Fodi is my comic.
foreveragain

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2007, 11:31:19 am »

Fascinated by all the nice outfits out there that would look great on my sims, I decided to move the first steps in meshing, but soon after the beginning I found a first big problem.
The idea was to take a few tops in bodyshape sizes and make slight modifications, like flattening the bottom edge so that when a top and bottom are combined, say, in a dress, it has a smooth look, without that annoying groove between top and bottom.
Problem is, when I export the mesh using SimPE (conscious of my ingnorance I religiously followed the tutorial on MTS2) the bodyshape top reverts to Maxis size...:scratch:
So the question is: is it possible to do this kind of modifications to bodyshape outfits using only SimPE and Milkshape, or are my modder days over even before starting?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 12:54:56 pm by foreveragain » Logged
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2007, 05:07:05 pm »

It should be very possible with just SimPE and Milkshape, actually... and far easier now than it was when I started, due to advances in the tools.  Basically you want to Extract the GMDC from the original mesh you're working with (right-click at the top, Extract).  This will result in 2 files, a gdc and an xml.  The gdc can be imported directly into Milkshape, complete with all bones, normals, and morphs, with the Unimesh Import tool (found at MTS2, if you don't have it yet).  Then you can tweak the mesh all you like, although I recommend not welding anything or adding any verts until you really get the hang of it.  Then you Export your finished mesh with the Unimesh Exporter, which will create a .simpe file, which can be imported back into your Mesh package (right-click GMDC at top, Replace).  Now the trick is, if you don't do the Fix Integrity thing and then link the new mesh to an outfit, you will replace your original outfit, which you may not want, so be careful about that.

I hope that clarifies a bit, I know it's quick and dirty but I just got home from work... Cheesy

foreveragain

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2007, 10:05:49 am »

Thanks for the help Warlokk, I know that going over and over through this very basic stuff is not fun.
Last night I tried again, but I still get the exact same problem. I followed this tutorial step by step:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142305
Basically I took the aftoptuckedwaist outfit in 36DDD size, in SimPE I did that Finder Tab stuff to get to the GMDC, GMND, SHAPE and CRES and exported all of them in a new folder, in which I can then find two files for each one. Then I created a new mesh file, imported the four files into that, saved and fixed integrity. So far so good, but when I come to step 20 of the tutorial and I check my new package with Bodyshop or I open it in Milkshape, what I get is exactly the outfit I picked, with the morphs and all, but in Maxis size instead that in 36DDD. Am I exporting the wrong stuff or what?
Help please...:pray:
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2007, 10:57:38 am »

That happens because the name in the 36DDD clothing file is still the name of the original maxis mesh.

I believe what you want to do is open the mesh file that warlokk make, and export the GMDC, GMND, SHAPE, and CRES from that, and use those to make a new mesh file.

Fodi is my comic.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2007, 05:03:31 pm »

Try this instead, it's how I make all new meshes:  Instead of using the 4 files from my 36DDD package, get them from the base game files (sims03-06.package in the game directory\Res\Sims3d folder).  Build your new mesh file from those, then do the Replace function and pull in your modified mesh.  Then Fix Integrity on that, and tie the mesh to an outfit.  Remember that you have to make 2 files, the mesh package and the outfit package, and they have to be linked in SimPE by pulling the SHP and RES into the outfit, which you export from your mesh after you do the Fix Integrity part.

Aelia

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2007, 12:52:49 am »

Will you be releasing the magnets for the Ren Girl any time soon? (or have you already and I'm being blind again :lol:) There's a bunch of Maxis meshes I'm dying to have in that size, and I'd be very happy to do it myself.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2007, 05:15:23 am »

I may upload them this weekend, I don't see any reason why not... Smiley

Aelia

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2007, 07:23:42 pm »

That'd be great, thanks! Cheesy If I can get them to work (No promises! This meshing thing is a little over my head)  would you want me to upload them here?
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2007, 12:24:49 pm »

First, thank you very much for giving us the magnets!
Now the question... lol I'm having problems inporting the .obj file into Poser. I got Poser 7... I have no idea what's wrong, I've been slaving over the tutorial you have a link to and one that BrotherRaven gave me but I keep getting a message that says "Error importing wavefront OBJ".
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: