Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 10:59:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: *MESHER'S RESOURCE* Hi-Res Bodyshape Poser Magnet Sets - New Sets added 2-11  (Read 105353 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2007, 01:02:15 pm »

Hmm, not that I can think of... as long as you exported them as standard .obj files, they should import without a problem.  I'm still using Poser 6 myself, but that shouldn't matter.

You should be able to either export the .obj's from SimPE if you're getting them from an existing mesh package, or you can export them from Milkshape too, just make sure you are only exporting a single group at a time.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2007, 01:14:36 pm »

*hugs Warlokk* Thank you! It works if I use the .obj exported through milkshape! Thanks!

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
foreveragain

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2007, 10:35:31 am »

Hi guys. Thanks to the precious help from Warlokk and TheMysticalOne I eventually managed to use Milkshape and I spent a couple of weeks moving vertices around.
Now I have the possibility to step up a notch, so I have to bother you again for some more help:smile:
With my great excitement I found out that one of my co-workers owns Poser7 and upon the promise of a couple of free beers he let me try the bodyshape magnets on it last weekend; sadly when I tried to load most of them I got an error message (one of the nasty ones whith the red X) and Poser crashed on me. Only a couple loaded smoothly, I didn't have time to try all of them though.
Now, I will probably be able to play around whith it next weekend as well, bud I  need a fix quick for the problem, since it's not polite to spend the entire night at somebody else's home cursing at his PC... Any idea, anyone?
I am pretty sure I did everything right, since I tried Zenman's magnets as well and they work properly. Help pleeeeeease!!!
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2007, 05:12:01 pm »

Try redownloading the magnets and see if that helps I used Poser 7 and didn't have a problem with it besides for the fact that I couldn't import the obj from Simpe...
Now here is my finished project!!! Well, somewhat... please excuse the crappy recolor I just did it to see if everything worked good.

I added Al's shoes to it. I still have to see if it works all good ingame and do some decent recolors with it, but I'm happy with the way it came out! Thank you Warlokk for your help!!

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2007, 05:24:14 pm »

Hehe cool, always good to see more folks coming on board to make more shapes, congrats!

Foreveragain-- I really don't know what would cause the program to crash, I've never heard of any problems with them... just make sure you save the files to the proper directory structure somewhere within the Poser folders, in my case it's in Runtime\Libraries\Props\!!Bodyshape Project.  As far as I know the magnet structure hasn't changed since about version 4 or 5, so it should work fine.  Then again, I'm still running 6, but Franciele seems to be doing OK with them on 7 Wink

foreveragain

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2007, 06:24:28 pm »

I know they should work, that's why it is so frustrating. I put the magnets in the right place, I used body.obj files extracted either with SimPe and Milkshape,making sure I exported only one group, all the settings, as far as I learned from the tutorials and this thread, were ok... And still, I got a weird error message, more or less "exception running message c0000013" followed by a bunch of numbers and letters (sorry, I don't have a screenshot) and the application crashed. The only ones I got to work were a couple of cleavage magnets for the smaller sizes.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2007, 06:44:31 pm »

Try loading the magnets into an empty scene, and see if it works... that may at least tell you whether it's a problem with the magnets or your imported .obj.

foreveragain

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2007, 08:05:40 pm »

I tried already, it's the magnets. They don't load even in an empty scene.
And when I tried with the original Zenman's magnets, they loaded with no problem (except they were in the wrong orientation; the few Bodyshape magnets I could load were in the right place with the figure imported standing up).
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2007, 11:14:56 pm »

Hi War
Did some simple test with applying your magnets to the rengal alphadress, was funny.
The scaling is all wrong tho, i expected that.
Best thing do do is make a new dress from your default BnatTop and HiResbottom without adding any verts or faces i think? As these 2 never have been changed? Only scaled.
Then i should be able to use your magnets on that dress, i hope...
Hmm, i think im going to test it first with the alpha pants, its the same pants you used on your outfits.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 11:20:48 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2007, 12:18:53 am »

Ok, this is wat i did...
extracted the pants as bottom.obj
opened poser, create new, imported the obj, applied the 36hips magnets to it and exported again as obj.
I prolly skipped half of it, but it look good in milkshape(except some normals)
Problem is, no skeleton and cant fix it with the earlier extracted objx..

No longer active
Aelia

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2007, 12:30:30 am »

Okay, really stupid question - From what I understand, when you import the obj into Poser (I have 6) the model is supposed to be lying down, head facing the camera? When I import, the model is upright like normal, and when I export and put it into the mesh file, it doesn't seem to 'take' to the mesh and there's no change. I have to be missing something somewhere, but I can't seem to find what.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2007, 05:20:07 am »

BlooM-- I do all my Poser stuff with my default Hi-Res nude 34B-34, or with the Maxis original clothing meshes.  Applying magnets to already-sized meshes could have extreme results... Wink  Getting the .objx working is tricky, usually what I do is export it at the same time I'm exporting the .obj's from the original mesh package.  The important thing is getting the group names exactly the same, and in the same order.

Violet-- it depends, really... when I'm working a mesh just in Milkshape, I export it and import it standing up.  However if you are going to use the Mesh Tool, which I do for unmodified clothing meshes, it must be lying down, head towards front.  Also, you have to assemble the meshes you export from Poser into a .simpe file, either with Mesh Tool or Milkshape/Unimesh, and import that to your Mesh package.

franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:14 am »

EDIT:Had the rotating thing at the wrong place, now it's fixed. Cheesy

Violet Tonks, sounds like you are having the same problem I had yesterday. lol I use Poser 7, but it shouldn't make much of a difference I think. I only had a problem importing the obj file extracted from Simpe so I had to go the long way around lol. It took me forever to figure out what I was doing wrong. This is how I was able to make it work:
1-Open my 5gd file, from the original Maxis mesh, in Milkshape
2-Then exported it as an .obj named "body.obj"
3-Open Poser, delete existing figure, then import body.obj                          
   through "wavefront obj" *uncheck everything*
4-Apply magnets
5-Export through "wavefront obj"
  "Single frame" -ok, *uncheck the ground*-ok, check only the 3  
   following: "include body part names...", "use exact internal
   names...", "include figure names..." -ok. Save it (any name here).
6-Open Meshtool; in "load 3D file" open the obj you just saved from Poser; in "load sims 2 mesh" open the original Maxis mesh's 5gd; in "setting" *unckeck* "import UV" and "import normals"
7-Save it (any name)
8_Open Milkshape, import simpe file you just did in Meshtool. You should now have the original clothing with the desired body shape showing laying on her back.
9-Under "model" select "Rotate".
  10-Select "origin" in the "rotate option".
  11-Input X=0 Y=180 Z=0, hit the "rotate" button.
  12-Input X=90 Y=0 Z=0, hit the "rotate" button.
  It should now be standing up.
9-All you need to do now is replace the GMDC in Simpe with the new one and it should show up nice in Bodyshop.

I wrote this from memory so hope I didn't forget anything... and hope it helps you! I know I almost gave up yesterday before I figured this out. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:33:01 pm by franciele » Logged

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2007, 02:24:01 pm »

figured the objx out.
Somehow the obj file was associated with simpe although i used unimesh plugin's, so the file showed as a obj but wasn't compatible with the objx.
So when i extacted a obj file using unimesh it still was saved with a kinda simpe setup, same thing with the objx file.
Oh well,its fixed now Smiley

No longer active
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2007, 02:25:43 pm »

Quote from: Warlokk;762328
BlooM-- I do all my Poser stuff with my default Hi-Res nude 34B-34.

Not the Bnatural?

******Few hours later Tongue

Made a alpha for the 34Bdefaultx34hips and tried to convert them into bigger sizes using your magnets.
Well, cant say im happy, cant say im down lol
Works for the hips except the faces i had to add to make it work properly, needs a bit adjusting.
The breast size worked also, except you changed the ammount of vertices on the larger size breast's, i didn't saw that Sad
So the dress becomes 34DE but when importing later in milkshape your 34DE body to fit inderneath it,
alot verts are sticking through the dress.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 08:26:19 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: