Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 08:51:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: *MESHER'S RESOURCE* Hi-Res Bodyshape Poser Magnet Sets - New Sets added 2-11  (Read 105040 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2007, 12:45:01 pm »

LOL cool, good luck!  Cheesy

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Núkumnëhtar

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2008, 03:03:07 pm »

Just a quick question for Warlokk. Are any pregmorph magnets included in any of your magnet sets (I glanced tham over and didn't find any so I'm guessing not, but never hurts to ask Wink)? Also could you reffer myself to a tutorial on how to make magnets for meshes, I've searched alot but only found afew tutorials on how to use premade magnets only (which I already knew how to do); if you don't know of any could you give an explanation in brief on how I might go about and do it? Thank you kindly. (I use DAZ Studio1.8.1.5 for magnets but can translate tutorials from Poser instuctions fairly well).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:13:13 pm by Núkumnëhtar » Logged
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2008, 05:58:36 pm »

I have new Preg and Fat magnet sets for my XHi-Res meshes, but for the previous sets I used the standard Fat/Preg meshes themselves as morph targets in Poser after I created the new shapes with the magnets.  This is still the preferred method I use with the XHi-Res meshes too, I just used the magnets to create the base morph meshes.

As for how to create the magnets themselves, all of my shapes generally start off with the Base magnets I posted here.  Then, I just start changing stuff, scale, position, etc until it looks the way I want.  It's all experimentation, really... you just play with the dials to see what it does, until something looks right.  Once I have everything looking the way I want, I save the magnets in my Props library to apply to other outfits.

Núkumnëhtar

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2008, 08:01:58 pm »

Ok, I've got it. Thanks.
Ultra

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2008, 12:28:54 pm »

Is there a set of magnets for creating tops & bottoms for the Classic Pinup bodyshape?

People ask me why I ride a Harley-Davidson.
For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
For those who don't, none is possible.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2008, 01:28:37 pm »

No, but you can use the full-body ones, just make sure the mesh is named "body" in Poser, since that's what they target.  I did not make any separates for any of my named sizes though, since they will not work with any size other than themselves... the waist will leave a gap.

Núkumnëhtar

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2008, 04:44:55 pm »

I've been able to successfully make my own magnets based off of yours for pregmorph state, but after I add it to the mesh and try to Export it through Milkshape I get the error: [MORPHMOD "~01MORPHMOD.1" has face count mismatch]. I exported the original GMDC .obj file through SimPE. I set the magnets and exported the morph from Poser as a Wavefront .obj (following themysticalone's tutorial here) and imported it into Milkshape as a Wavefront .obj. Am I doing the right procedure, or do I need to involve the UnimeshObjX Import/Export tool (which I can't seem to get working right), and I'm pretty sure Poser/DAZ does not open .objx files as far as I know?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2008, 06:27:03 pm »

The OBJX plugin is for importing bone assignments into the mesh... you would export it from a known working mesh you are using as a base for your modified one (such as the Maxis original).  Then you have to create a new mesh using your modified .obj's, making sure the group names match the original, then import the .objx to finish it off before exporting the .simpe file.

If all you're doing is creating a new preg morph for the standard size, then you'd need to build a mesh incorporating the standard body and fat morphs, and the new preg morph you've made.

Núkumnëhtar

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2008, 09:12:30 pm »

I only have the Error in Milkshape with the LeafyClothes from Seasons thus far, not sure why its giving me problems. Have you fooled arround with the Maxis meshes that have more than the body of morphs in them (LeafyClothes has branches mesh too), because that is my thought of what might be wrong?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2008, 09:24:04 pm »

Ahh, no I haven't looked at those at all... if it's something special for Seasons, odds are the plugins don't support them.  You could post something in Wes_H's thread over at MTS2, he would know for sure.

Núkumnëhtar

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2008, 09:58:20 am »

I discovered through trial and error that anything extra included in the .obj file besided the body, top, or bottom causes this problem. I have to export the body alone through Milkshape and not SimPE. Thanks alot for your helping me with my brain flow...:spanish:
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2008, 02:00:02 pm »

When I started out I had problems exporting and using the .obj files from Simpe the only way I was able to work it was by exporting the body as an .obj file from Milkshape, like you did. Cheesy

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2008, 12:29:01 am »

You have to take the .obj from Poser and run it through the Mesh Tool or the Unimesh plugins to assign the bones.  At this point all you have is the basic mesh, but you still have to build the proper game files.  Unless you purposely have the arms out pose in Bodyshop, and you're just talking about the seams... those can be taken care of with Mesh Tool or the Align Normals plugin over at MTS2.

MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2008, 07:07:34 pm »

:hello2: War, I dont mean to bother you, I know you are very busy... I was wondering if you have some spare time, could post the mags for the VG and possibley the FG? I dont want to sound impatient Cheesy just wanted to check in with you about them, your ladies are very popular Smiley

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2008, 08:29:50 pm »

Ask and ye shall receive... well, occasionally anyway... Cheesy

Was planning to post these soon, you just nudged me to get it out of the way now Wink  Can't wait to see what you and the gang come up with!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  

Jump to: