Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 10:30:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: *MESHER'S RESOURCE* Hi-Res Bodyshape Poser Magnet Sets - New Sets added 2-11  (Read 105384 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:34 pm »

Actually I added verts to all the meshes, starting with the hi-res default replacements... I used that mesh as the base for everything I've made since.  It does have more than the Maxis one though, of course, which can make it tricky when overlaying a Maxis clothing mesh on top of it.

Been having some site issues due to a problem with my Firefox install, but it's fixed now, so I think I'll upload the rest of the magnet sets up to BootyGal... Cheesy

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2007, 11:12:23 pm »

i started with your high res bdefault with nipples, it had extra extra verts, but not as many as the 34de.
I always make the dresses from a copy of the body, so every thing is lined up, has same ammount of verts and faces with same boneassignements.(and  your magnets work on it)
works so ez, only need to adjust the uvmap alot.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:23:48 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2007, 10:38:06 am »

:occasion: It's out! :wav:
:worship: *runs to Warlokk tip jar* Now all I need to live happily ever after is the Rio girl magnet. lol Thank you ever so much! Now I can do a lot of shoes projects! :lol: ...yes, I love shoes. Cheesy

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
Aelia

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2007, 01:09:39 am »

Well I'm getting there Cheesy It's in the game - only I somehow managed to kill all the bones and the mesh is just sitting there like some wierdo mannequin.

But hey, it's in the game Cheesy franciele, thanks heaps Cheesy That was a huge help...I just need to find out just where the hell I went wrong...
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2007, 05:22:38 am »

Remember, .obj's, which is what Poser uses, do not have any bone information in them... so you need to put it back somehow when you rebuild the mesh in Milkshape.  Personally I use the .objx export/import in the Unimesh tools, it stores all that information.  Basically you export one from the model you plan to modify, then export your .obj's, shape them in Poser, re-import them to Milkshape, rename and arrange the groups to match the original, and import the .objx.  Voila, fully bone-assigned mesh!

themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2007, 06:11:15 am »

For some reason when I re-import the objx data, it cuts off the last two characters from each comment.  This isn't really a problem, since I paid attention and remembered what each one was, but it's annoying to have to re-type a few characters.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2007, 05:04:08 pm »

Hmm that's odd, never seen that... you could mention it to Wes over at MTS2, he may know what's going on.

Aelia

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2007, 05:14:07 am »

Ha! Finally managed to get it to work properly Cheesy All I need to do now is figure out just WHY the neck is buggered off (I think I inadverdantly moved the mesh in poser at one point) and how to fix it, but it's looking pretty good Cheesy

themysticalone, I got exactly the same thing...
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2007, 05:19:06 am »

Actually the neck is always buggered (I love that word... so English Wink) when it exports from Poser, not sure why.  I use a small bit of mesh I exported from a Maxis nude, it's just the top few rows of the neck and a few around the waist exported to an .obj called NeckWaistFix.obj, with a group named body1 so it doesn't overlap my groups.  I import that, and use the Extended Manual Edit tool from Demon to fix the Normals values of all the neck verts by making them match the Maxis default.  I've attached my .obj and an ms3d file containing it.

* NeckWaistFix.rar (13.36 KB - downloaded 141 times.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:21:09 am by Warlokk » Logged

Aelia

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2007, 06:50:01 am »

Heh, I must be starting to be a right pain in the arse, but how do I go about doing that? I have the neck and waist bit on top of the mesh and I presume I've got to edit the original to match the maxis bit ?(God I hope that's right, otherwise I've just made a colossal fool of myself) I just have absolutely no clue how to do that...

It's a damn shame blender isn't good with body meshes. I know what I'm doing in blender for the most part Cheesy
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2007, 07:21:13 am »

Quote from: Violet Tonks;774585
themysticalone, I got exactly the same thing...

Interesting... I'm using Milkshape 1.8.1 and the unimesh plugins that were packaged with it (rather than getting them sepearate, as I think the filedates were the same.

Almost done with the AF Slip meshes... I'm having to redo the 38" and 40" hips because the alpha part didn't quite line up with the body.  Then I plan to go to Maxis's offices and shake my fist wildly and whomever created this mesh in the first place.  Having the last character lost on the comments of all seven pieces makes it annoying to retype it over and over again.

Also: If you're starting to be a right pain in the arse to Warlokk, then I've far surpassed you long ago with my questions. Wink

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
macdavid

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2007, 04:04:54 pm »

Hi Warlokk

Thanks for all the work with the body shapes and all the tips around.

I'm still new at this, but I'm getting quite satisfactory results from the tiggerypum/HystericalParoxysm's tutorials on Meshes and Faylen's on Recoloring.

Been Reading Xeno's on Poser and can't wait to try the magnets.

I really enjoyed Rio and FM shapes by you... and in my game they appear as J-Lo and Milla Jovovich Smiley

As soon as i can get Poser 7, I'll have a go at it trying to suit some body clothes meshes into FM which you allready released the magnets.

So far, Rio has allready some ace g-strings... but other clothes don't result that well at all without magnets on the original clothe's mesh, otherwise they'll just look like bodypaints Smiley

Thanks for everything
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 04:11:37 pm by macdavid » Logged
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2007, 05:12:12 pm »

Violet-- You need to use Demon's Extended Manual Edit plugin, which is over at MTS2.  Once installed it appears on the Vertex menu.  You then select one vertex in all the groups, including your fix mesh, and edit all the numbers for the normals and XYZ coordinates to match the Maxis original.

TMO-- The amount of work you have relieved me of has made the questions more than worthwhile Cheesy

mac-- you're starting exactly like I did almost 2 years ago: read everything available, experiment, fail, experiment, fail, fail, fail, fail.... success!!!! Woohooooo!  Hehe just play around with it, and feel free to ask if you get stuck Cheesy  Fortunately for you guys, the tutorials, tools and techniques have come quite a long way.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:15:10 pm by Warlokk » Logged

macdavid

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2007, 11:58:34 pm »

Thanks for the encouragement.

Had some trouble finding how to open a mesh from the most recent Fashion Stuff expansion until I found how to open the SIMS03..06 files manually.

Then couldn't figure how to get the body.obj to open on Poser... at the begining i was trying like you say on post #9 here in this thread but couldn't get it to open... it just said error opening wavefront object... Sad

Now I tried unimesh/import it into Milkshape... blend the groups and fix the bones thing... and then export it to wavefront object.

At least it opened, but seems kinda huge tough... Not sure if this was the way to get there.

But.. hey... smallsteps each time, and I get the feeling I'm getting there Smiley
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 03:25:41 am by macdavid » Logged
macdavid

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2007, 05:27:18 am »

OMG

After 4 hours googling just to find that the way to apply the magnets was just putting your files in Poser props downloads folder... I managed to do something...

I finnaly got FM on that Fashion Stuff costume... except she now has a severed head Sad

Weird as it seems, it feels great allready... guess I'll have to open a "regular" mesh and find the correct values for the neck vertices...

EDIT: Just found the correct solution on your post #100 Smiley

Meanwhile, I seem to have skipped your rotation issues, by exporting and importing the wavefront with Milkshape, and Unimesh to and from simpe files.

I'm still not understanding the spawn morph bit... I mean... I did it (went to object menu and clicked on it if that was just it...) but didn't find where to change it's value to 1.

Anyway... It feels just great after just as few days around, and 6 hours of Poser, tough I wouldn't be doing anything without your magnets and everyone's tutorials.

EDIT: Sad Guess I popped the champagne too soon... there's also a sideseam and the fact that she poses like that, from what I just read a few posts behisnd is because I still have to rewrite the bone assignment Sad

She got T&A tough :-P

War, you Rock!

* FMgrannyshorts.jpg (24.29 KB, 334x651 - viewed 239 times.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:37:52 am by macdavid » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: