Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:34:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: *MESHER'S RESOURCE* Hi-Res Bodyshape Poser Magnet Sets - New Sets added 2-11  (Read 104270 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2007, 08:39:37 am »

After you get the unmodified mesh into Milkshape, do an Export.. Unimesh blah blah objx data split export.  This will save all the bone assignments and comments to the objx file.  Then do all your modifications.  When you import the modified obj file(s) back into milkshape and order them, you can import that objx data.

Spawning morphs: For loading/applying the magnets, as long as they are in your library/runtime/props somewhere, I just open the library tab on the side and double click the magnet set I want.  Then in the view window, I change the "prop" to body THEN I spawn the morph.  In the properties window, the morph will appear as a dial.  You set that to 1. (Then I delete all the magnets so that I can see if the modified mesh looks right).  Then you export.

Exporting the obj directly from simpe so you can use meshtool and not bother with milkshape unless the mesh has alpha layers, etc: click on the gdmc is simpe so that stuff pops up in the plugin view at the bottom.  There should be an export button there.  Neear that is a little drop down box that should be set to XYZ (not XZY or whatever the default is).  I've never had this obj file fail to read in poser as long as it's set to XYZ.

Now I'm very tempted to make a tutorial with screenshots to show everything that I do, because you're having some of the same problems I did initially.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2007, 09:06:28 am »

TMO-- That sounds like a great idea... I've thought about it myself, but I've been doing it so long and have my process so streamlined with shortcuts and little fix-it files etc that I've made, that my methods may be a bit too abstract for someone just starting... it's one of those things where you have to do it the long way a bunch of times to figure out which shortcuts will work for you.  For instance, one of the first things I did was extract a body.obj and all 4 mesh groups for every single outfit I had any interest in working with, from the base game and all the expansions, and sort them out in folders for each EP.  This way my base files are all there and ready to go, both the mesh to pull into Poser and the files needed to create a new mesh package in SimPE.  I attached a screenshot to give you an idea.  Of course as a result, my project folder is almost 5 1/2 gigs... :goofy:

mac-- Great job, you're coming along... Cheesy

* folders.JPG (58.97 KB, 692x533 - viewed 328 times.)

* folders2.JPG (70.51 KB, 692x533 - viewed 350 times.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 09:13:49 am by Warlokk » Logged

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2007, 12:51:39 pm »

Oh man. I've thought about doing that too.  I have my Slip project folder still, with the base obj pieces for everything (as well as all the ones I created) just in case I need to go back and fix, and so I can later convert it to the newer shapes.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
macdavid

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2007, 01:42:30 pm »

Thanks TMO!

Good thing I went for a Saturday walk before starting to reassign them bones! :-P

Now I'll just go a little step backwards and be spared of that pain Smiley

Really appreciated that my Obi-Wans Wink

Edited a couple of hours later:

And... it seems I finnaly have something to test in-game.

Notes:

1-For a tutorial, please reference the fact you need to magnetize each group seperatly... or so at least is seemed the only way to reapply the objx... If that's right, it's not that obvious to a noob

2-What worked for me, and I seem to be able to edit this mesh on Milkshape was to import into poser without any options, like Warlokk does, and then export it with the 3 TMO mensioned a few post earlier. - I'm gonna try doing something like erasing the t-shirt, shorten the shorts, apply a denim fabric and maybe, just maybe, apply a pair of denim All-Stars as shoes... let's see how it goes Smiley

But before that, i'm gonna try this beauty in-game and apply the other magnets for CP, Ren, and the other gals... not messing yet with the DDs yet Smiley

But hey, I finally made a mesh after all the mess Smiley

* FMgrannyshorts_better.jpg (21.87 KB, 307x637 - viewed 260 times.)

* FMgrannyshorts_final.jpg (24.21 KB, 221x376 - viewed 346 times.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:28:44 pm by macdavid » Logged
Aelia

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2007, 12:50:14 am »

Okay, again with the stupid questions, I've got it working in game, the neck is fixed and no longer hanging off the body like some strange zombie, now my only problem is that the fat morph seems to have become the default and I can't seem to fix it. The stupid thing is when I export it again from SimPE and open it in Milkshape the morphs are still seperate and working. Have I once again missed some obvious and vitally important step along the way?

What the hell posessed me to think that this was fairly simple?? Cheesy
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2007, 06:26:55 am »

Meshing, simple?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*ahem* sorry... Wink

When you have your mesh in Milkshape, does the morph group look like the standard Fat morph, or is it your modified mesh version?  Are you using the Mesh Tool technique, or building it manually in MilkShape?

Aelia

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2007, 07:37:31 am »

ROFL, well it's simple ... ish when you're not trying to get it to work in a game Tongue

When it's in Milkshape it appears as the modified mesh. I've fixed the names and comments, checked that a hundred times. I'm rebuilding it manually in Milkshape and exporting it with the Unimesh importer.
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2007, 10:02:00 am »

Quote from: foreveragain;761042
...sadly when I tried to load most of them I got an error message (one of the nasty ones whith the red X) and Poser crashed on me. Only a couple loaded smoothly, I didn't have time to try all of them though.
Now, I will probably be able to play around whith it next weekend as well, bud I  need a fix quick for the problem, since it's not polite to spend the entire night at somebody else's home cursing at his PC... Any idea, anyone?
I am pretty sure I did everything right, since I tried Zenman's magnets as well and they work properly. Help pleeeeeease!!!

At first I had no problem with the magnets in Poser 7 then I installed glamour and H&M and I started to get the same kind of error messages and Poser would freeze. The only way I was able to make it work again was to uninstall and reinstall Poser again. I have no idea why it happened I'm still trying to figure that out lol, just that somehow the files got corrupted. So if anyone else has the same problem uninstalling and reinstaling Poser worked for me. Wink

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2007, 05:24:43 am »

Hi All--  I just uploaded the Rio magnets for you to play with, enjoy!  Cheesy

foreveragain

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2007, 01:07:18 pm »

Franciele, I got Poser 5 (much cheaper:D) myself in the meantime, and I kept having the same problem; uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work for me. So I did some googling and I found out it is a general problem a bunch of people has with many programs. It is not something specific to Poser or even the magnets. The most convincing explanation I found is that when those programs, for some reason, run a search in the system drives and they don't like what they find, the error pops up. I have no idea what's the actual cause, I am not an expert in computer stuff, but I read about a way around and it worked for me: it seems the problem is often associated with USB drives, so before running Poser try to disable all of them, and the nasty error message should be gone! It saved my day yesterday!

By the way, I am getting there too. I successfully replaced the original mesh with the magnetized one, I just lost all the bone assignments. Fortunately the objx hint came up, I didn't know about that... I have to try that and fix the neck issue, then I should be done!

Next time, hopefully, i'll have a snapshot to show...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 01:11:03 pm by foreveragain » Logged
macdavid

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2007, 01:29:35 pm »

Quote from: Warlokk;793923
Hi All--  I just uploaded the Rio magnets for you to play with, enjoy!  Cheesy

Thanks Mate!
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2007, 11:35:37 pm »

OoooH! It's out! :toothy7: I been dying to start working with the Rio girl!!!! Man, you are awesome! Thank you very much! :toothy10:

franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2007, 02:40:32 pm »

Sorry about the double post. I have made two meshes with no problem they all work ok in game, so I went and got H&M and Glamour to expand my meshes option... but now I got a problem and I have no idea how to fix it. I made this one mesh with the polkadot dress from H&M it shows up in bodyshop just fine. It shows up in CAS too, the animation while making the sims looks great then I move the sim into a lot and the clothing doesn't show up, I mean it shoes up but without any of the modifications I made no bodyshape difference or shoes... Any ideas?

RisingSun
Designer

Designer extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2007, 03:18:52 pm »

Great struff Warlokk! I've been trying to avoid using others magnets so I can create my own work (which I hope to relase here). Havent touched poser for a couple of years and now Im a bit stumped as to how it all worked - like creating a figure and then making the magnets to be later used on my imported sim wavefront obj file.

See my bodyshape series over at InSIMadult!
RisingSun
Designer

Designer extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2007, 08:04:32 am »

Arg, I'm not sure what I did but I can't seem to delete the magnets after morphing anymore. What happens is whatever is selected just gets deleted. I wonder if the first time trial was a beginners luck, and now with the more i read on all the forums I'm just getting more confused.

A small tutorial with applying to exporting the mesh in Poser would be handy as right now there is just little bits of info scattered everywhere. The manual I have for Poser doesn't cover this area

See my bodyshape series over at InSIMadult!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: