Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:22:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen D-Medium 'Rave Kimono'  (Read 10958 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Brother_Raven

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2006, 02:53:02 am »

When Sims 2 came out and I first found Warlokk's Bodyshape project,
I instantly fell in love.

Suddenly my Sim-Women didn't all have to look so carbon copy.

Imagine my thrill when Warlokk exceeded his first project by creating the Hi-Res Series.

Let the cleavage run rampant!

However, I found that the available meshes were limited, and not always quite what I had in mind.  While I had long been playing around with textures for my own purposes, I finally had a reason to learn to mesh.

Now, while I am still little more than a beginer at this, I have had more than a few friends and family members tell me that my things are pretty good, and that I should share more freely.

Given how much I have aquired from the wonderful and talented artists who have shared so much on the internet, I couldn't really argue it; none-the-less, I am a perfectionist, and am rarely happy with how anything turns out. Even after I import something into the game, it frequently sees update after update, and so how could I upload something even I wasn't happy with.

Finally a bargain was struck.
I would let my friends and family (paticularly those who also created) critique my projects, and if THEY felt it was good enough to upload, I would.

To that end, May I present my first Mesh designed specifically for the 'GrandMaster' Warlokk's fantastic Hi-Res Bodyshape Project... *worships momentarily at the Altar to the Master*

The Teen D-cup (Medium) Rave Kimono :

Stemming from the Adult Rave Kimono (does anyone actually dress an adult in those things?) This lovely little number has been vamped out for the ample-asseted young ladies.

The heeled boots, the obi (wide sash/belt) and the 'glove' on left arm are fully reflective, while the majority of the rest of the body remains standard mesh.

Now, all this does not mean its what 'I' consider perfect.

1) The mesh has NO fat morph right now :tongue:
(I still have a hard time getting it to look 'heavy' instead of just pregnant)

2) :angry7: Due to the way I made the skirt, a lack of vertices in it has made tweaking the bone assignments difficult. After more than 100 revisions, I can't quite keep the thighs from peaking through during a few activities. (Any master meshers out there want to take a look and make suggestions? :help: )

3) :cussing: While the skirt folds down to cover the undergarments (which are technically there and not blocked), it fails to fold in a way I find completely pleasing. Much like the thigh issue however, I think I would have to recreate that entire area from scratch to get it better.

4) For the Hentai crowd, while you CAN see her undergarments :panti in the right situation, a slight miscalculation in the mesh means that the inner texture lays oddly and cuts much closer to the groin than Im completely happy with.  However, since I can find only 2 'poses' that will show that area properly, its mostly hidden and not too hard on the eyes.

Included in the Rar is the Mesh, 1 Recolor (pictured) and the UV maps for both the normal and reflective layers of the mesh.  Ive done my best to make them easy enough to play with, but UVs are still a very weak skill of mine.
The Texture is Bumpmap enabled, but as my video-card doesnt much like bumpmaps, its not really been optimized for this texture.
Finally, the highlights and shadows could use a major rework.

Overall... I'm not completely pleased, but this was supposed to be a quick project for myself and it took 2 weeks solid so far, and everyone else who has seen it has been thrilled, so as promised, I'm uploading.

The entire project has 2395 faces and 1710 vertices.
(700~ more faces than vertices, a personal victory!!!)
This was created with Milkshape, SimPE and Wes_H's UniMesh plugins.
And obviously, this is intended for Warlokk's High-Res Bodyshape Project (34DD) [Unless this teen is using a box of tissues per side of bust].

There is no forseeable reason ANY XP should be required, and I have done ALLOT of testing and had no errors
(though someone could always find the one thing I didnt think to try).
You REALLY should have Warlokk's stuff to compliment this however.

Anyone interested in retexturing or recoloring this is welcome to.
Sites allowed for this MESH to be posted are http://www.ModTheSims2.Com and http://www.insimenator.net ONLY. (LinkLinkLink)

And finally... for those interested,
yes...
I will eventually upload the A, B and C cup versions, alternate hip sizes (and a fat-morph, should I ever get one I think doesnt look terribly bad)

Right now, Im tired of looking at this thing.
*laughs*

* tf_d_RaveKimono.rar (786.42 KB - downloaded 998 times.)

* TFD_Kimono_Full.jpg (62.38 KB, 240x405 - viewed 1403 times.)

* TFD_Kimono_frontClose.jpg (87.99 KB, 319x450 - viewed 1400 times.)

* TFD_Kimono_Left.jpg (72.19 KB, 240x450 - viewed 1338 times.)

* TFD_Kimono_Right.jpg (81.07 KB, 276x450 - viewed 1361 times.)

* TFD_Kimono_Back.jpg (71.63 KB, 322x450 - viewed 1221 times.)

* TFD_Kimono_Boots.jpg (58.28 KB, 227x393 - viewed 1323 times.)

* TFD_Kimono_3Qtr.jpg (64.21 KB, 272x450 - viewed 1350 times.)
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 06:06:41 am »

Wow, that looks great!  I'm glad you decided to share it, excellent work.  Can't wait to see more!  Cheesy

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
El Pitufo Manitas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 08:00:31 am »

Nice !!!

:spanish:
Netra
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 02:17:43 pm »

Very Cute!!! I also have problems with the skirts sometimes myself, but nothing can be perfect and you did this really well!:)

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!"
hugo0401

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 03:06:01 pm »

Very nice and very sexy, thanks for this, is excellent.

Ozzucay ~ Rest In Peace ~ You will always be in our thoughts
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 02:47:26 pm »

o0o Nice!
CobainFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 06:54:23 pm »

excellent work! i love this, thank you!

Something i cannot stand is a loss of self originality and a gain of conformity. Seen entirely by those who are the sheep of society.
fordman1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 02:45:00 am »

Excellent work I'll try her out. Thanks for sharing.
khanung

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 06:25:38 am »

thankyou great work
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 09:20:39 pm »

Terrific!  An outstanding contribution to the art!

Suggestion: Include your initials or something at the start of the filenames to identify yourself as the creator of the work.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:24:20 pm by Chairman Greg » Logged

arioch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 09:59:39 am »

Excellent job.  Thanks for the upload.  Keep 'em coming!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 04:13:57 pm »

Good job!!!! Downing and checking Tongue
I liked your comment, intresting to read.(your not the only one strugling Cheesy )
Just saw the shape in milkshape, thank god i found out quick how the alpha's work, one look at the skirt gave me a headache already Wink
You did it nice, very nice.
Funny thing is, every mesher has his own style, there are so many possibility's to build a shape.
The fatmorph shouldn't be to hard tho?
Copy your shape, import warlok's fatmorph and work to it?
Gonna play with her Smiley THNX
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 04:42:58 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
freewill

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 04:15:03 am »

Thanks my sim teens will love this! *evil grin*
Brother_Raven

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 11:28:39 pm »

Holiday chaos has been slowing me down a bit (sad.. I'm a pagan and still cannot escape 'christmas' fever). I really wanted to get the rest of the bust sizes (followed by the hip sizes later) done on this project however, and was curious what sizes most people would have most use for.  From what I can see, I'm thinking C cup will likely be next in a day or two unless anyone has a pressing need for some other size.

Br.Raven
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: