Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:42:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Potty-training pets  (Read 2684 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2006, 01:08:35 pm »

Well, I have some trouble getting my pets to be houseclean.

When I teach the cats to use the toilet, that's what they do: Use the humans toilet. NEVER the cat litterbox. And I can't find a way to train my dogs not to pee inside, and no option to scold them when they do it either.

Help?

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 06:22:39 pm »

Well if you train the cat to use the tiolet thats all he'll ever use, to train him to use the litter box, skip the tiolet training, and praise him whenever he uses the litter box. Its the same for the dog, if he goes inside scold him and that will teach him he needs to go outside. Now if these options arent showing up maybe you have some kind of a hack conflict.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 07:29:48 pm »

Cats can use regular toilets in the game!? well that is something I did not knew....

I will have to try that.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 08:36:45 pm by MissDoh » Logged
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 10:48:35 pm »

hehe, yeah, it takes them a while to be trained to do it but its pretty neat.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 08:32:52 am »

But I don't get the option to scold the dog. And I've only got two hacks/mods: the insim, and the no stray sign ( i like the challenge of the maxis-messup). But I've had this problem from the begninng of when I got pets, I didn't have the insim then, as it wasn't updated yet, and the no stray I got a week ago or so.

The cat doesn't use the litterboxes, so unless I train them to use the toilet, they pee inside. I created a house merely to study this, following the at around, and even though the litterbox was in the middle of the floor, so nothing was obstructing her way, and she had a full bladder, she went over to the box... and pee'd right beside it... She's never used the box in the two simweeks I've been doing this experiment.

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 07:12:58 am »

Resurrecting this, because it is still an issue, HELP!

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 07:26:11 am »

Well cats don't need to be trained to use litterboxes, they should just do it themselves. I really don't know why your cats arnt using it, sorry!
When you see the dog about to pee, pause your game and click on it, the "scold/praise" interaction can dissapear quite quickly

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
kim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 07:27:34 am »

You could always play with ControlPets on then you can make them do whatever you want

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 08:20:01 am »

(btw thank you Kim for reminding me this topic existed by moving it, lol, I'd forgotten I had asked)

spooky I'll try that with the dog. Or maybe I'll just get rid of the whole damn thing, since Pets is more annoynance than pleasure Tongue

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 12:50:32 pm »

To be able to scold your pet your sim must be in the same room as your pet and witness it for the scold option to appear.

If you are never in the same room when this happens, it might be the problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: