Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:28:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phone Issues in Pets...  (Read 3730 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
primavera227

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2006, 04:15:14 pm »

Hi, I'm new here Smiley

Whenever I try to get my Sims to call a service, they dialing goes through and they "talk" to someone, but the conformation bubble never pops up.  It's weird, because it works for some services but not all.  The few I've been having issues with are the Maid, the Gardener, the Adoption Service, Exterminator, and the Repairman.  The Pet Adoption Services and the Nanny both work fine.  After they call, they like jump away from the phone at an idle stance.  Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?  I have CC installed but no mods/hacks that I know of.  Thanks!
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 01:17:18 am »

try removing all your custom content and then seeing if you still have the problem

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
primavera227

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 04:02:09 pm »

I tried that...no luck still Sad Anyone think this issue could get resolved with a new patch EA might release?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 04:16:12 pm »

It certainly sounds like an isolated case for you.  I don't recall ever hearing of problems with the phone on a clean install.  

In removing custom content as Sleepcat suggested, did you move the Downloads folder out to the desktop, or just hacks/mods that you know about? If you didn't move all of the Downloads folder out, then try that.  Chances are your phones will work.  If they do it's just a matter of tracking down what's causing the problem.
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 07:56:53 am »

Did you use the 'Delete All Characters' function?

Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 03:48:05 am »

...Deleting all characters results in all kinds of hassles...you shouldn't use it.  

Check this thread about that if that is what you did:
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=26638&highlight=strike
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 07:12:45 am »

Not sure why this thread was closed, since the original problem doesn't seem to be resolved. I'm reopening it.
primavera227

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 12:02:24 pm »

Yes, I did use the 'Deleteallcharacters' cheat.  Do you think that caused it?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 12:35:13 pm »

Set testingcheatsenabled to true and try calling a service NPC.  If you get the "wrong species" error, it is in fact the deleteallcharacters cheat that caused the problem.  Since the NPC you're trying to employee doesn't exist, the game tries to create a new one, which then causes the wrong species error.  

You can verify this by going to a new neighborhood , not using the cheat and calling for an NPC.
primavera227

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 02:10:17 pm »

How do I set testingcheatsenabled?  And if 'deleteallcharacters' is the reason the phone isn't working, how do I fix it?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 02:40:15 pm »

Open a cheat window with ctrl-shift-c, then type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true".  After you get done testing, set if back to false if you'd like.

If you backed up your game data before installing Pets, you can put the backup back into the game.

If it's one of the default neighborhoods packaged with the game, you can copy the neighborhood from C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods.  All that you've done in that neighborhood would be lost, so Any houses or sims you want to save should be packaged before copying.

If it's a custom neighborhood you will need to delete the hood and start it all over again, although you can still package houses and sims to put them back into the game.
primavera227

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 05:38:20 pm »

Problem solved.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: