Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:23:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Holiday packs...are they worth it?  (Read 4425 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SlayerAngel90

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2006, 04:47:44 pm »

So I've been debating for a while whether I shuold get any of the Holiday Packs. I have read some stuff on them but they didn't really tell me that much. Are the
objects interactive? Do the packs have any huge bugs? Are there patches for these bugs?

Generally I want to know whether I should get any of the Holiday packs or not. I'd like your opinions. Just please back up your opinion, ie say more than just, "It sucks" or what not.

Smiley Thank you.

Save an artist... join the Animal Army.

New MSN: SlayerAngel90@gmail.com Add me if you'd like Smiley

Save the Pandas
maniac19642003
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 04:53:51 pm »

I have the original holiday pack from last year and it had some nice items in there for Christmas, but I got tired of it quick cuz nothing really was interactive in it, it was basically all decorations and clothes in it, so I'm not wasting my money on this holiday pack thats out right now. It didnt have any bugs or patches for it either.
Zukn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 05:01:01 pm »

Just got given the new one, I'd say nice for storytelling, no practical items, some nice clothes(I know nice maxis clothes?!?!), not worth paying for.
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 05:03:55 pm »

Theres santa, cookies and clothing.

Other than that it's not great. Santa himself is a disapointment. There are many better items online that you can get for free. Don't get sucked in. Please I'm begging you. The only reason why I bought mine was because it was only 9.99 and it included the base game!! I lost my orginal and I figured it would be a great time to get it cheap. Smiley

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Verly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 06:15:39 pm »

I guess I'm different then, I missed out on getting it last year since it was only a digital download in the states. I bought it this year with my Christmas money along with Glamour life.  I find the snowman radio adorable and I'm not afraid to admit it.  I'm happy I bought it. I love the window snowflake deco and a lot of the other holiday things and even though Santa hogs the bathroom I think it's cute that he's in my game now.
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 06:21:57 pm »

Alright, I bought it this year and I'd have killed myself if I haven't. It's adorable - Christmas is my fave time of the year!! But how do I summon Santa?

I used to be Nyxie
Verly

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 08:15:58 pm »

bake the Christmas cookies. I'm not sure what else needs to happen. but I made the cookies and then sent them all to bed.  not too long after Santa showed up. everyone woke up and ran down stairs to cheer about it.
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 12:55:50 am »

I was disappointed by last year's Holiday Pack.  I thought that it would be more like the Christmas "experience" from TS1 with Santa actually showing up instead of having the sim dress up like him.  I get the whole Santa's Workshop theme with the kids with he hats and ears but....I didn't actually want the sims to do the leg work lol.  I'm in favor of NPCs for all of that Tongue.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
Verly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 09:42:09 am »

Santa showed up in last years pack also.
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 07:18:17 pm »

well yeah, i think all you need is t make the cookies, leave them out and go to bed..thats the WHOLE family....
i had a trailer park family use the cookies first, and it was funny to see mom and dad as well as the kiddies come runing inot the living area to see santa.

word to the wise, though, make sure there is space around the tree..he dropped off a bloody racecar and for some insane reason (this was with last years version, which it traded in for a few quid of THIS years version heeh) the car made the sound forever, even after i deleated/sold it....hope that dosent happen with this years.....

also, he stayed for a few sim hours, used the loo, ate some of the cookies then left....i think it was between 12 and 1 when he arrived....
if you leave the cookies out for more than one night, he will come again, too (again, this was with last years one...it might be still working, and also i have a food mod that makes sure the food is fress longer)

also..they HAVE to be on a counter, table ect..he dosent show if you have them in the for buisness chiller food selling cabinates (so thats a quick handy trick for keeping him away if you want a santa free night, but like them eating the cookies)

are the packs worth it? hmmmm......to me, yeah, but im a sucker for xmas and themed stuff...i dl halloween, xmas, valentines, St Patricks..i cant get enough of hollidays, since i get so little of a chance to celibrate them *properly* in the real world...*mutter, grumble*

for me, it was worht getting the 06 xmas pack, since not only was there some neat japaneese items for decoration, but a fantastic male kimono style one peice....you know the one, its black on the outer coat, with thos gorgeous wooden block sandals, it has varying shades of grey underneath....kinda like the stuff you see in the anime's where theres old temple grandpas Cheesy
the maxis kimono is of (womens i mean) but the Rose's sims and the other one i dl are actually better in all but the wooden shoes...its that folded material at the back that lets the maxis one down...their isnt actually folded so you can see the edges of the material, its like its just a bag of cloth thats attached to the waist part....

*is a kimono addict* lol

fun stuff....hmm well the dresses for the little girls are usefull, casue the maxis party dresses are god auful >.> and i do like the castle items and walls eheh.
glam, well once you grab a few recols from sims2day, their not bad....

all i can say is, compared to the 20 you spend on an add on ep, i guess it does seem expensive.....
and there is definately fantastic tallent in the mods and mod makers (who, if you ask me, are the ones that *ahem* inspire *snigger* the Maxis lot to make better items, i mean, the weather....*cough* i remember someone did a weather obelisk ages ago at mts2 i think....

still....if you have no cd-rw drive and no access to the net, or even a friend to dl for you.....its all good, i guess....

(just remembered that maxis got the boot and EA has all the rights now....i expect that means they will be getting *cough* Inspired *cough* by the modding comunity a heluva lot more now.....)
Poppenhuis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 06:29:48 pm »

If you want Santa to come, you need to have a Christmas tree in the house, and have (fresh) Christmas cookies in the same room as the tree. (at least, I think that's all you need)

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 05:51:08 am »

im trying to download it but its nowhere on that stupid ea store site. why have it advertised on the sims 2 website if its no longer there. makes me infuriated!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: