Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:41:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LongDress2 and LooseDress mod request  (Read 2661 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
raveshade0

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2006, 02:24:24 am »

Warlokk.. iv been wondering if it were possible to do some slight mods to those meshes, to enable a greater compatability with some other dress outfits.  For one.. the little tassle thing hanging off the back of the Loose dress, if that could be removed so that certain  outfits dont look like they got a piece of lose skin dangling off their backs.  (ex: the releases that DLM did of Liana's skins, the 2 wedding and 1 bridesmaid dresses. the tassle ruins what is otherwise excellent skins),

The 2nd one on the LongDress2,  something to the effect where the dress shape (referring to the chest and cleavage part) where the mesh itself has the shape of the upper edge of clothing, if either that could be removed, or the top half of the mesh replaced with something along the lines of the underwear top so that it doesnt have shape of the fabric between, and would show skintone details underneath if nothing was painted on the texture and alpha.    For a visual example, take a look at the 2 new formals Bubbleeye put on her site.  The blue and purple one currently at the bottom of the curvy formal page.   They are for a non Warlokk mesh, but for kicks i tried putting them on the LongDress2, and cept for the mesh part where it shapes the clothing, it would work.

I know that would mean doing alotta revamps on fullbody meshes for the sizes if it were to be done for all, but wondering if that could be something added to the list for later.   Id do it myself.. but dont have the progs, nor the graphics experience to do it.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 06:01:24 am »

I'll keep it in mind... they wouldn't be re-works of the existing meshes though, they'd have to be new meshes... some of the recolors are designed for the existing shapes.  I spent a bit of time getting the cleavage on DressLongTwo looking right, and I know some textures use the tassle on the back of DressLongLoose to good effect.  I believe there is another smooth-top formal dress mesh though which could work, if not several (trumpetformal comes to mind).

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
raveshade0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 09:32:26 pm »

yea you are right. they would need to be new  ones and not replace.   and yea trumpet formal would be good. whenever  you can get to it. thanks for  the reply.
MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 01:55:46 pm »

Would it be possible to have it be a Y/A usuable mesh too?  I've been playing University lately and all the sizes have the Chinese dress, but only the DD's have the long dress.  None of them have the loose dress with the tassle..
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 02:37:23 pm »

I believe that's easily fixable with SimPE or DataGen... I don't do it myself to eliminate any compatibility problems.  I know DataGen has a really easy plugin that makes Adult outfits into A/YA with just a couple clicks.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 06:27:08 pm »

OH, ok, I'll check that one out.  A couple of clicks sounds easy enough. Thanks for the tip Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: