Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:22:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pets  (Read 4029 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2006, 08:07:12 pm »

So....does anyone know ANYTHING about modding pets in anyway??? I've come up with nothing on custom coats...I tried altering size with no luck in simpe...can the animal meshes even be extracted to use in Milkshape??

Anything?Huh?

I got no repsonse on SimPe's board...nothing at MTS2....

Yes...its the same Mule as before
porkypine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 12:23:55 am »

HI Mule.  If you follow teh object creator tutorials at MTS2, using Simpe, you should be able to extract and work on the animal pelts/coats.  I don't think anyone has made a tutorial for that specifically, but you find [pet skins the same way you do other objects.
kenji
Smallville Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 12:30:11 am »

Okay, this may be off topic, but would anything like this ever be possible as a pet? I was just curious.

~kenji
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 10:15:19 pm by kenji336 » Logged

"I know what I need to do with my life now. Life is so precious, so beautiful and to be able to protect that, that's an amazing gift.
-Lana Lang

"Then they dragged you in here kicking and screaming, because you claimed you saw a man with super powers swipe a bullet out of thin air...."
-Lex Luthor
maskeddelusion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 12:30:47 am »

Hey Mule, someone at MTS2 has done a default replacement for some furs in cats ( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=199599 ) . We already have defaults for eyes (cats and dogs), that you've probably seen already. Now, nothing with meshes yet.
kenji: probably the closest you'd have is a wormrat with this... worm's texture... but no antennas or forked tail or extra legs. Just a wormrat.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 12:33:50 am by maskeddelusion » Logged

Ah quanta alma viverá, que ande metida assim como eu na Linha, e como eu mística! Quantos sob a casaca  característica não terão como eu o horror à vida?
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:40:48 am »

porky - i was able to extract the fur, but not import it back in...

kenji
Smallville Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 12:44:32 am »

Quote from: maskeddelusion;493730
Hey Mule, someone at MTS2 has done a default replacement for some furs in cats ( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=199599 ) . We already have defaults for eyes (cats and dogs), that you've probably seen already. Now, nothing with meshes yet.
kenji: probably the closest you'd have is a wormrat with this... worm's texture... but no antennas or forked tail or extra legs. Just a wormrat.

Okay, Thank you. I personally think that Maxis should have made pets like they did in the sims1. Those were able to be meshed. Sims2 it's not very possible at this point. Thanks anyways

~kenji

"I know what I need to do with my life now. Life is so precious, so beautiful and to be able to protect that, that's an amazing gift.
-Lana Lang

"Then they dragged you in here kicking and screaming, because you claimed you saw a man with super powers swipe a bullet out of thin air...."
-Lex Luthor
porkypine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 02:38:42 pm »

HI Mule.  I haven't played with any pets meshes yet cuz I'm working on other project meshes at the moment., Sorry.,  I can't tell you at this time.
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 02:27:38 pm »

Porkypine.... the pets coats don't show in the object finder...

wes_h

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 11:14:53 pm »

Pet coats and accessories like the collars are not currently able to be cloned except via tedious hand building of the packages.

Creating replacement coat textures is not very difficult. However, in order to get a look you like, you have to give one you don't up. And you can't buy or change them in the game... whatever you pick is added to the in CAS when you nake your pet.

I have posted a partially completed coat color addition at MTS2. I have also posted a dog collar add-on package. While neither of these two are very exciting objects, I have shown it is possible to place new items like these in the game.

I am busy right now writing and testing an update package for the MilkShape plugins, but anyone that really wants a challenge can start with my demos and make what they want.

<* Wes *>
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 11:27:07 pm »

Wes...thanks....i just ran across a thread by Echo tonight about alpha editing the pet coats....it looks promising for what i need to do...

Could you give me a link to the coat color addition? The replacement idea had occurred to me...it seemed like a last resort...my knowledge of meshing is minimal...infact i've spent the evening trying to rip through all the tuts i could about simpe and milkshape...actually right now im going through echo's bhav tut in hopes of making something that allows you to make pets perform certain actions on command...wish me luck!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wes_h

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 01:22:25 pm »

This is probably late for answering, sorry, but I was busy creating an update for the UniMesh plugins.
Doing Coat Colors does not need a new mesh. As far as Pets meshing goes, I have done some research, and can read the Pets mesh files, but there is some new data used in there that I do not yet know how to manage or manipulate.
The package I talked about making about is posted in Echo's alpha mesh thread in one of my replies. I think to make a NEW non-replacement coat color you need to make a number of different parts as well as ages, so that the game has a full package of textures to place on anything being made.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: