Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:01:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Historical Maternity Collection and No tassel MESH updtd 5/4/07- Please ReDownload  (Read 43313 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kalynn06

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2006, 08:20:32 pm »

Edited 5/12 to put the right dress into the skinner's package
Edited 5/4/07 to fix the mesh package which was acting oddly Please redownload the dresses.

The longish story : I noticed that the tassel was showing up for me in my playable game, but was absent (as it should have been) in my testing game.  It turned out to be caused by something silly I did with original package, so I put the mesh in a shiny new package that works in both versions.  

I apologize for the mistake and I want to thank Mandie for asking about a mesh with no tassel, which caused me to notice my silly mistake Smiley

The mesh is included with each set.

** I've also added a file with just the mesh and a Maxis texture for anyone who wants to use it to recolor without having to d/l a bunch of old fashioned dresses,

This is my first upload here and the first Sims skinning I've done in a while, but lately I've been messing with historical neighborhoods .  Although there are many amazing maternity outfits for teens here, I couldn't find any that worked with historical type story lines, so I dusted off body shop and Milkshape and made some.  These are cloned off the outfits that come with inteen.  They are essentially alpha edits and recolors with a basic mesh edit to take the tassel off the dress (the mesh is included and feel free to recolor it).  

The fist set is a  Renaissance/ Medieval Set with four color combinations.

Then Victorian Set 1 which includes prints for everyday and a white dress suitable for a bride and a black one for a young widow or a girl in mourning.

Victorian Set 2 includes short sleeved plain and print dresses

The Undies set consists of three colors of corsets worn over a chemise and pantalets

Just put these in your downloads folder.  You will need to either use Squinge's  hack found http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7238 or use Tom's Clothing Tester as described here in order to have your teens wear these.

Thanks for looking and enjoy Smiley

* undies set.zip (1173.02 KB - downloaded 2363 times.)

* medievalr.jpg (264.44 KB, 650x463 - viewed 6377 times.)

* undies.jpg (348.55 KB, 650x492 - viewed 6365 times.)

* victorian1.jpg (291.65 KB, 650x466 - viewed 6170 times.)

* victorian2.jpg (301.15 KB, 650x476 - viewed 6213 times.)
* no tassel mesh and skinning texture.zip (570.79 KB - downloaded 1866 times.)
* medieval dresses.zip (3101.69 KB - downloaded 2258 times.)
* victorian 1- short sleeves.zip (2121.95 KB - downloaded 1969 times.)
* victorian 2-long sleeves.zip (2048.95 KB - downloaded 2060 times.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:22:06 am by kalynn06 » Logged

"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." ~ Samuel Butler

You can find more of my stuff at MTS2
CobainFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 08:33:52 am »

very nice, thank you! i will now go and make a mideval neiborhood!

happy new year!

Something i cannot stand is a loss of self originality and a gain of conformity. Seen entirely by those who are the sheep of society.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 05:08:26 pm »

Oh very lovely!
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 06:34:22 pm »

very cool!
shawnee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 08:32:32 pm »

Thank you, these are really cute!
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 12:56:29 am »

Love it!! Great job.... my medieval nieghborhood's pregger girls are going to love it!! Smiley

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
keke3368

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 02:02:49 am »

These are way cool. Thanks!

'We just have to trust one another. I just don't see it working out any other way. Also...I can kill you with my brain.'
mandyscog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 09:30:29 am »

ok, i have a two huge problems with this as a reenactor.

1.) Victorian corsets don't stop at the waist.  they continue down to the hip--nearly to the joints of the hip not just to the fullest point.

2.) Victorian corsets prevented the expansion of the waist line during pregnancy.  this is why miscarriages and still births were so common during the Victorian era--the baby didn't have the room to grow that it needed.

i prefer my historical Sims to be accurate, this is why i won't do a Victorian neighborhood.

not that your skins aren't beautiful or anything, just saying, you know?
kalynn06

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 03:20:58 pm »

Quote from: mandyscog;498531
ok, i have a two huge problems with this as a reenactor.

1.) Victorian corsets don't stop at the waist.  they continue down to the hip--nearly to the joints of the hip not just to the fullest point.

2.) Victorian corsets prevented the expansion of the waist line during pregnancy.  this is why miscarriages and still births were so common during the Victorian era--the baby didn't have the room to grow that it needed.

i prefer my historical Sims to be accurate, this is why i won't do a Victorian neighborhood.

not that your skins aren't beautiful or anything, just saying, you know?

Fair enough, although to be fair to me, these weren't intended to be strictly accurate, and I never said they were.  If you look at my original post, I never said they were Victorian corsets, because I knew when I skinned them that they weren't going to be.   They actually are designed more to mimic earlier corsets which pushed up the breasts and shaped the torso with a secondary emphasis on the waist rather than fashionable High Victorian corsets.  I know that they probably should have straps, in this case, but I didn't like the look of the straps and so got rid of them in early drafts.   The changes were largely due to the requirements of the belly mesh and going back to a regular mesh would have defeated the purpose of doing maternity skins in the first place.  

Actually these are skinned using a reproduction Rennisance Era corset as a reference, but I couldn't do the actual knee length chemise or a shift without considerable meshing and as I wanted them PG rated, the girls had to have some sort of pantalet type things.  Also I did take some leeway with the waists, because aesthetics were more important for my goals than strict accuracy and because for me the relatively minor inaccuracy is better than my historical sims running around in sweatsuits.  But, I can live with a Hollywood version of the past; if I couldn't, as someone who has done a fair amount of research on costume and customs of the past my brain would have exploded long since at the historical things available for Sims.    I respect that you can't and wish you all the best with your Simming Smiley.

"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." ~ Samuel Butler

You can find more of my stuff at MTS2
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 02:39:10 pm »

These are gorgeous.  Great job!

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

Read my story Soul Searching!  Tell me what you think.
Peaceandlove101

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:12:41 am »

Thank-you so much for these, I don't care that they're not completely historically accurate-to the untrained eye it looks amazing! This is something I've been having trouble with for a while, because my pregnant Victorian and medival sims didn't have any clothes besides the orignial inteen ones, so thank you so much!
mvenatta

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 02:01:41 pm »

These look great.  I hope to see more in the future.
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 02:26:46 pm »

Wonderful work! I may have to finish my historical hood now!
Thanks for all your hard work dear!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
shazann

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 04:08:31 pm »

Thanks these are great.