Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 09:24:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambit as the Horseman Death  (Read 8809 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TheCelt

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:41:07 am »

This is Gambit (also known as Remy LeBeau) from the X-Men.  Here he is after going to the evil mutant Apocalypse who transformed him into one of his sinister Horsemen.  Apocalypse chose the Cajun mutant to be the Horseman Death. I first shared it privately with SynapticSim to get his opinion on how he turned out.  I consider Syn to be THE Sim X-Men master so his approval meant a lot to me.  Well, he suggested that I upload Death Gambit to share with others as well.  So here he is after finally getting the courage up to upload him after all this time.  He is my very first upload.  

Eyes (I'm proud of how they turned out and look much better in game than they do in the pics), brows, stubble, and skin tone are mine.  The outfit is a recolor of the trench coat outfit that came with the base game.  

The hair is a recolor of the male Jeanette Biederman hair by Cevic found here at MTS2.
Jeanette Hair for Male

The spike collar you'll find here at MTS2.  It's the Maxis collar by Temptress.  You?ll need to get it here as I have not included it.
Piercings + Spikes Collar Combo

In my pictures, Death is wearing spiked wristbands.  Well, I couldn?t find where I had got them from.  I know I got them at MTS2 and I think they were by q3tbo, but I looked and looked and could find them anywhere.  Thought the thread was titled something about male accessories or something of the sort.  So I am not including them.  If you really want him to have spiked cuffs, I hope you have some or can find some that look good. While they look great, the do tend to poke through the cuffs of his sleeves.  

I wish the harness he is wearing was an accessory as I think it would look better. But I fail miserably at every attempt I've made at meshing.  I do notice with the collar and the cuffs that they do sort of poke through the coat a bit though so if the harness was an accessory it would likely do the same I'd think.

Hope you all like my first upload!

* Death Gambit.rar (2488.14 KB - downloaded 261 times.)

* DeathGambit01.jpg (31.67 KB, 313x449 - viewed 1606 times.)

* DeathGambit02.jpg (42.57 KB, 240x449 - viewed 1155 times.)

* DeathGambit04.jpg (26.46 KB, 295x299 - viewed 6463 times.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 04:34:37 am by TheCelt » Logged

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
dracine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 07:05:15 am »

ooooh! That's really well done! Nice job! I think you did a great translation of him from the comics!
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 07:50:29 am »

Like I said before!  It's a very nice sim!  Especially considering the images you had to base him on, which was basically nil.  I think he looks great.

I personally like the Ragin' Cajun in his normal form, but this is definitely a very very close interpretation of the comic book form.

Great Job!

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 12:30:22 pm »

Very cool! *skips off to find some pics of Gambit as Death*
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 12:37:20 pm »

Yeah, I prefer Gambit as Gambit too.  But back when he became Death, I just had to have him for my mutant filled neighborhood.  

Finding pics of Death Gambit online was trickier than I had expected.  But I had my actual comics to go off of.  I had thought about posting a pic of him from the comics but I thought that might violate the terms of service and I didn't want to do anything like that on my first upload.

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 03:37:07 pm »

Very nice!
Sheol

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 05:23:42 pm »

I didn't like what they did with him... I want the real Gambit back! :sad2:

Anyway, you did a GREAT work! Thanks!

Weird techniques and incredible power... this girl's not just nobody! WHO THE H3LL ARE YOU?! :evil5:
TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 11:13:12 pm »

OH I totally agree!  I'd give anything to have our good ol' Gambit back!

TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 02:29:21 am »

I hope those of you who have downloaded this are happy with it!  I personally think he looks A LOT better in the game than he does in the pics I took.  Since I'm real inexperienced at this, I hope some of you who have downloaded it will give me some feed back after releasing him in the wilds of your neighborhoods.  I'm curious to see what you think of him.  Get some feedback on things that could be improved, that sort of thing.

ShadyJAG3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 10:51:07 pm »

All I can say is, 'Wow!'
TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 02:58:44 am »

I need to take some better pics of him, though.  His eyes are MUCH better in game than they turned out in the pics.  In some lighting they almost seem to glow.  In the pics they are just so dull.

tophatdan

iam a superhero in real life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 12:00:54 am »

i fear change, long live the 90's x-teams! down  with house of M!!!

i cut the non sticky personal ads out of newspapers and burn then for inspiration
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: