Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 07:49:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the size of your 'Downloads' Folder ?  (Read 156990 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Stargem2001luv

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: May 08, 2008, 08:22:27 pm »

I just looked at the size of my downloads folder....22.9 GB!(its true,I'm not making this up)

Lost in thought
Beause everyone forgot
that my
Tears are like rain
From neverending pain
ana-maria005

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2008, 09:30:12 am »

Well my folder is about 16 Gb and still growind......I am a download freak!!!!
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2008, 10:59:29 pm »

1.62 GB
I did some cleaning out recently of files I don't use. The only thing I haven't cleaned out yet is recolors and MESHS.. I don't know how to find out which meshes I can delete because I don't have any clothing or items for them anymore... so I just left them all in there.

tweeter

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2008, 01:19:17 pm »

Eeep, my current "game" download folder weighs in at a smidge over 3GB, my "I still want but not in my current game" download folder is just under 2GB.

"Strange is just a different point of view"
flavorpatty

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2008, 04:46:50 pm »

5.72 GB, and still growing

Man forgives woman anything save the wit to outwit him.   Minna Thomas Antrim
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2008, 05:55:09 am »

When I first started my downloads folder was a MESS. I had 3 gbs (3800 files) but a lot of it was orphaned meshes and crap I didn't use but couldn't get rid of as I didn't know how and they were name "vtyf4hbm_bvf45b.package".
Since I've learned to clean up, organize and use seperate folders I have maged to get it down to 697 mbs (1380 files). It took me two months of renaming, organizing, redownloading if I accidently got rid of something etc etc etc. NEVER AGAIN. LOL. Now I try to keep it at that number.
tweeter

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 14, 2008, 06:44:06 am »

How do you go about tidying the download files?  They way mine is organised is by webiste - so I've got a HolySimoly folder, an All About Style folder, a Huge Body Builder folder, but then there's miscellaneous stuff that have come as part of a downloaded sim.  

I realise that I can delete, say an outfit from either Bodyshop or the CAS, but then isn't the mesh still in the download folder?  I'm sure I've got hundreds of defunked meshes that have no textures.  Any help and advice would sure be appreciated.

TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2008, 06:54:47 am »

Well for starters get the clean installer via mod the sims 2 that will help you sort through a lot of the mess. In reference to getting rid of meshes what I did was get rid of everything I could not identify or recognize. It did involve re-downloading a few things from time to time but I got rid of SO much junk that was just fluff and clutter.

There is also Delphy's download organizer over at MTS2 that detects orphaned meshes and duplicate files (clean installer does this also). Personally I preferred my mass purging way LOL. It made me get rid of stuff that I realized I didn't really need and only kept the really nice/important stuff.

With organizing I don't have that many clothing files left (301 to be exact) so I just rename them to something I recognize (IE: AF_SpandexRecolours. I rename all the files associated with it as well so subsequent files get named AF_SpandexRecolours (2) etc etc) then throw them all in one folder titled "Clothing". For some people who have thousands of clothing files that won't work. You could do by gender or site as you already are.

My objects/object recolours I have in a seperate folder and then seperate folders in there for each section of buy/build mode. I also have a hacks folder and in there is where I keep files by creators.  I hope that helped in some way... even if it was long winded hehe.
tweeter

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2008, 06:58:47 am »

Quote from: TashaFaun;1243795

My objects/object recolours I have in a seperate folder and then seperate folders in there for each section of buy/build mode. I also have a hacks folder and in there is where I keep files by creators.  I hope that helped in some way... even if it was long winded hehe.

So does that mean I can have sub-folders in my folders?  I never knew that.  So in theory I could have a All About Style folder and inside that I could have Adult Female Formal?  Wow!

TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2008, 07:03:36 am »

Yes you could Smiley The only problem with stuff not showing up I've seen with sub folders is some CAS/Bodyshop stuff like blush and lipstick so I keep that in my main downloads folder. Beyond that sub folder to your hearts content! Example Downloads/Objects/Decorative/Paintings/New Meshes. I'm pretty sure its unlimited in what you can do there.
tweeter

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2008, 09:41:42 am »

Wow! Thanks Tasha, I've only been downloading CC since the base game :smt120.  I think I know how I'll be spending my evening...

TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2008, 09:43:26 am »

Your welcome Smiley Good luck!
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2008, 01:03:40 pm »

4,67 GB. I REALLY have to do some cleaning.. I have SO much stuff I never use. I've been delaying it for the longest time. This topic gave me a little strength to start doing it hahah Tongue

I blog here. Sort of. Visit me and say hi.
:chainsaw:
Want me? Go get me!
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2008, 09:16:05 pm »

Quote from: AxelVal;812529
The last two numbers switched.  1.83 now.

Wow, that was awhile ago.
Let's see how much I've killed my game since then.
4.6 gigs.
Can you say "I'm stunned my game runs as well as it does?" XD

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2008, 10:04:14 pm »

5.45 GB!

no wonder it takes at least half an hour to start the game... o.O
just as good I've gotten some new books to read, then Cheesy

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: