Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 12:44:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the size of your 'Downloads' Folder ?  (Read 156146 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
arlogurl

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: March 03, 2010, 08:54:02 pm »

currently im at 12GB still looking to add (yes i have an addiction but i will not change) Rock
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: March 03, 2010, 10:48:54 pm »

10.9GB, but only after a recent purge of unused/unwanted stuff. It was over 15GB at one point in 2009.

Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 05, 2010, 01:08:29 am »

I spent all of last night spring-cleaning my Downloads folder with the Compressorizor, CleanInstaller and Delphy's Download Doodad and it's gone from 8 point something gigs to 4 without me losing anything. I so love the guys who make all those wonderful tools.  Praise

*toddles off to Simscave*
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 15, 2010, 10:18:58 am »

951 mbs. I was surprised, I thought I had much more XP

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 21, 2010, 01:35:05 pm »

6.19 GB, including my SavedSims folder... Plus an additonal 1.00 GB for my custom hood. So, about 7.19 GB worth of junk. Good thing I've got 269 GB out of 298 clear on my hard drive.  Grin

I've squished it from 6.19 GB to 62.0 MB... The more CC, the longer it takes the game to load.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:10:34 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: March 21, 2010, 01:42:33 pm »

At the moment, 19.5 GB  (Savedsims included, with 611mb, all my stuff...) shocked
Maybe I should consider compressorizing it...

Got a project folder on 9.3 GB, too - but that includes PS files... My 3D project folder for sims isn't even near that, with nearly 4.8 GB rolleyes
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 01:47:40 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 22, 2010, 10:32:00 pm »

At the moment, 19.5 GB  (Savedsims included, with 611mb, all my stuff...) shocked
Maybe I should consider compressorizing it...

Got a project folder on 9.3 GB, too - but that includes PS files... My 3D project folder for sims isn't even near that, with nearly 4.8 GB rolleyes
I am curious to know your system's specs. LOL

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 23, 2010, 03:31:07 pm »

5.40GB + 0.37 with savedsims folder included.
It still manages to load rather fast (for The Sims 2) maybe 15 or so minutes to load to the point I'm finally inside a house.
I kinda want to sort everything out, but it works the way it is.  tongue

I've got 100GB left (of 500) on my comp total, so I'm not worried. Let the downloading sprees continue!  Cheesy
Who's with me?   Grin

I need more freetime.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 23, 2010, 04:23:57 pm »

ME! ME! LOL.
I haven't done that since grade school.
I'm actually on a downloading spree right now, with an already uber fat 7 GB+ Downloads folder.
What control huh?

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: March 23, 2010, 05:12:04 pm »

I am curious to know your system's specs. LOL

Intel core 2 quad 2.83 GHz processor (unsure if there are two), 4 GB RAM (I really want to upgrade to 6 or 8 ), NVIDA GEforce GTX 285 graphic card, 1TB (931GB) harddrive (560 GB available), 64 bit Vista. Plus a huge monster of a cabinet, and three fans that makes some noise, but keeps the computer at somewhere between 25 and 50 C at all times.

Special built (by one who knows a tiny bit lot more than I do about computers...). Took 2-3 days, if I remember correctly (I mostly slept in a chair, woke up, asked some questions, and fell asleep again). My laptop couldn't handle 3D programmes, and it tended to turn itself off randomly, so I really needed a new computer.

My entire Sims 2 folder is now at 31.5 GB (which is nearly half of the entire harddrive I had at my laptop, with 80 GB...)

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: March 23, 2010, 05:54:40 pm »

3.65 GB my game still runs pretty fast though.

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 23, 2010, 06:09:22 pm »

Instead of upgrading RAM, I suggest upgrading to windows 7 first. Originally that was my plan also, but windows 7 handles memory so much better than vista. On the same computer, I was running vista, and I had trouble running the sims 2 and paint. (this was before I started using infranview) I'd run low on memory constantly and ended up with a black picture half the time. After upgrading, I was easily able to run the game, firefox, GIMP, infranview, and even MSN if I felt like it. I even started playing at a higher resolution and on bigger lots. I suggest that instead of buying RAM. As for cost, it's $119US upgrading from Vista. Compared to ~$200 for 8GB of RAM (from Crucial)
7 is a ton better than Vista.

I suggest this upgrade path first, simply because I had almost the same plan as you. Except my computer isn't as good as yours. I'm happy with it. I don't think I need to throw more money at it.  tongue
It's as upgraded as it worth it to be upgraded. Anything more wouldn't be worth it because I'm stuck at a dual-core as is, because of the motherboard.
Next computer-related thing for me would be an entire computer. I doubt that'll be soon. I really like this one. Grin

Back on topic, I can't see where you guys get massive amounts of downloads like this. I got a little under 6GB and I have everything I could want for my game. Of course... There is ALWAYS more. You just have to look for it.  Wink

I need more freetime.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: March 23, 2010, 06:28:49 pm »

More memory because of the 3D rendering. 4 GB tends to be too little sometimes, especially with heavy scenes. More RAM won't help much for Sims, since there is a limit on how much memory the game handles before it crashes (I've fixed that on my computer, so now it runs to up till 3 GB instead of 2GB memory)

I'm thinking about upgrading to Win7, though I have a feeling I'll get stuck with Linux if I let a certain someone loose on my computer again, since he has already installed Linux on his computer. His brother (a computer wiz) worships Linux above anything else, and if you mention linux versus Win/mac in a conversation, you'll be stuck listening to a 2 hour lecture on why and how Linux will take over the computer world...some day. I'll need Windows in any case, since Sims and 3D max (and a whole lot of other programmes) won't run without it.

Back on topic - We've got download (and creation) mania... can't see something shiny and new without picking it up  Embarrassed

My site:

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 23, 2010, 06:42:02 pm »

I know it doesn't help with the sims, I was just saying overall. I ran tons things at once flawlessly, compared to Vista. I get what you mean with the 3D sucking up memory. I saw a little documentary on the rendering of like animated movies. And they get massive super computer to pull that off. And they still have to wait like over night for it to render. XD

I don't think I would install linux, even if it is free. I don't think I could figure it out. I don't know much about the soft part of computers.
Hah, is it me or is most people with linux super fanboys/girls of it?

Memory is an easy upgrade, provided your grounded, I doubt you'll have a problem upgrading it yourself.

I need more freetime.
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: March 23, 2010, 06:45:37 pm »

Vistas recent update f**ked the sound bad. Soundless sims is fun but come on...I wanna hear them say sul sul!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:03:51 pm by KyleTheArtist » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33
  Print  

Jump to: