Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 11:08:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: No Relationship Decay EP4 Problem  (Read 4978 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
flameflash

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2007, 07:42:04 pm »

I had the alternative version that allows decay on Friday, but just today I finally had a chance to play after a while and started it up.  I lost a couple family friends and figured it was due to it being a Friday in game and downloaded the straight no decay period.

Haven't added any new hacks in quite a while that I know of, just some clothes and custom foods.

Problem is, when I reloaded, it still reported the error. Is it possibly an issue with bumping it up to the top of the load, perhaps by adding an underscore or something to make it load near the top?

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:29:25 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 07:24:04 pm »

You must have disabled custom content in your game.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:47:13 pm »

Nope.  That's what the screenshot was partially for (and what I checked first).  It was enabled at the time.

I admit I have had problems with custom content not being properly enabled in the past, but as long as I adjust no functions from the defaults I'm able to reliably keep custom content enabled and working (Aspyr is working on a patch). Besides that, other mods were in place and working (and objects).

I did put an underscore in the file's name so I'll try that out first.

Edit:

Just uploaded some pictures. First is from the startup screen, so custom content is most certainly enabled (that and everything else is showing up and working fine), second, I went to one family and watched the relationship score between two sims (one in home and one not.) Over a sim day it dropped by quite a bit as you can see from the first time I checked to the next (maybe two sim days passed). Regardless of the amount of time, there was no contact between this in family sim and the relationship test sim.

If you need anything else from me, please let me know.  I just wish there was a mac conflict detector out there.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:18:36 am by Squinge » Logged
flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:24:28 pm »

Well, if you still need other files (logs, whatever) please let me know.  Or I can do further testing, though I'd just need to know specifics on where to find the files and where you'd want them sent.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 12:24:52 pm by flameflash » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 06:55:10 pm »

Have you tried playing with testing cheats enabled to see if you get an error message? a file that may help me is "CustomContentObjects.txt" located in the folder "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs" , I'm not sure if the folder name is the same for a MAC.

flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 11:00:36 pm »

I'm not sure if I can initiate errors (or how really) but here is my current customcontentobjects.txt.

I'll launch the game and enable the cheat in the same house and hope something pops up.

Thank you again!

(and if you note something that would conflict with this, please let me know and I'll delete it ASAP to continue testing.)

* CustomContentObjects.txt (236.51 KB - downloaded 3626 times.)
flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 11:27:25 pm »

Well, I loaded Lathario instead (thought he'd be safer to load, never played him before).

Here's the log created tonight after launching the game, using testing Cheats enabled true.  I checked the date modified and it was when I started up the game, not when I used the cheat, so I probably missed a step.

Sorry, first time testing anything.

Is there anything I should be watching for?  Like when would the lifetime score rise during a day?  So far I haven't seen any increases other than that impacted by my doing something.

ETA:  I know you're super busy, but if there is anything more I can do, please do let me know and I'll happily do it.

* CustomContentObjects.txt (236.51 KB - downloaded 96 times.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:25:28 am by flameflash » Logged
flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 06:55:11 pm »

Anybody else happen to take a peek at this and see if I have anything they know is conflicting (or could conflict)?  Specifically with the relationship decay hack but possibly with other things?
cellestia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 12:32:55 pm »

Ive looked several times but I cant seem to find anything that would conflict but I am not a expert on all the conflicts and what not...I am sure others are looking at it also its just might take some time to try and sort through to see if we cann figure out what might be causing it
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 12:32:17 am »

You do know that sims relationship score still decays from bad conversations, ect right are you sure that's not why the score is dropping?

flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 09:05:38 am »

They weren't over at the time of the report that they were no longer family friends (hadn't seen them in a while and whatnot).  I tried it with multiple families and it drops before contact, afterward I have positives to try to bring it back up.  Like the one in the picture at the top of this thread, he wasn't over at the time nor having any contact with them when he lost that status.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 09:17:39 am »

Have you tried the game with only this mod installed to see if you still have a problem?

flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 10:35:03 am »

I can, I'll just go into Veronaville for it.  Much appreciated, I'm worried it's just a "Mac thing".  Aspyr doesn't do the best of jobs in porting the game over.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 02:30:05 pm »

I wish I could think of something else but I am out of ideas Cheesy

flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 12:03:00 am »

Yeah, if it's working for everybody else then it's probably a 'mac thing' unfortunately.  Here's the odd part, it works for some sims but not all!

The first pictures is once I first moved her in (some premade Monty), the next shows after a little time, the last after a day.  Most of the scores have dropped, as would happen normally without the hack (but it was the only one in the downloads folder as requested.)

One score, and only one, rose, which is what has been the norm for previous versions (which have worked.)

I'm totally at a loss.

* Picture 1.png (72.84 KB, 470x198 - viewed 205 times.)

* Picture 2.png (115.12 KB, 449x298 - viewed 285 times.)

* Picture 3.png (104.05 KB, 436x268 - viewed 230 times.)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: