Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 12:54:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skintone help  (Read 2178 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
oph3lia

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2007, 01:23:29 pm »

I'm trying to make my first skintone, although I can't draw to save my life but I can edit graphics.

I'm trying to make it a sort of mid/dark purple tone with some black patterns overlaying it. I've been working pretty hard on it and checked it out in body shop last night and the shading and everything has gone so pixelated and it all looks so wrong Sad It looked fine, quite smooth on the texture so I was rather disappointed it had gone like that, could anyone give me any tips on improving it? I'll get some pictures if that helps.

[insert interesting and witty signature here]

My MTS2 profile
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 01:55:19 pm »

Oph3lia - there is a settings file that you will have to modify to prevent or reduce this error.  I am going on a search for the info now.

In the meantime - try using this trick I was taught by Bink13y at MTS2:

Make the skintone texture for the male and female each age a fullbody underwear or swimsuit and paint the whole alpha white.  This way you'll see the item on the mesh without the overhead of the whole skintone.

Edit:  OK, found it: HystericalParoxysm explains it in this post at MTS2 Body Shop is making all my projects small and blurry!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 02:03:42 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
oph3lia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 05:29:34 pm »

Thank you for helping Smiley Seems alot of the 0's were 1's and 2's which seems to have helped with recolouring.

Will try that trick with the white alpha next time I do some work on skins Smiley

[insert interesting and witty signature here]

My MTS2 profile
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: