Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:18:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: One Life: Episode 7 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (last page)  (Read 83202 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 11:54:05 am »

Episode 2: Rise To Power (The story if Isadora Baudelaire)

It is true when they say we have one life to live, but what happens when that one life does not end? What, then, do you do with the millenia that pass before your eyes? What do you do with the millenia that have not yet come to pass? The lovers will come, and they will go, but I...Yes, I remain eternal.

My name is Lady Baudelaire. The Lady Isadora Jeunesse Baudelaire. Jeuness, ironically, means youth in french. And I had been know for my youth and my beauty. I remember being adored.

I was loved and cherised. Men could get no fill of the sweet nectar I offered. And many women hated me for it. I was called Devine, and men and women alike threw themselves at my feet, begging my good graces. I had man after man on my arm. I wore only the finest silks and cloths on my body.

Of course I was the best and deserved the best. My father was a French dignitary. The French Embassador. I was his eldest, by far the prettiest, and he spoiled me. Men fought for my hand.

It was my brother, however, who made everything come crashing down. He was being taught to follow in my father's footsteps. Instead of respecting his position as I would have done, he got Papa in a spot of trouble he couldn't get out of.

I had been out that night. My father was persistant about getting me to a rather lovely social engagement. I was to take my sister and my mother with me, but my sister fell ill and Maman stayed home to care for her. When I got back that evening, no words could describe the scene I saw. My precious little sister was found in the fountain. I didn't have the stomach to look.

I couldn't comprehend what was going on. Nothing made sense. I blacked out.

When I came to, I thought I had gone to hell. This horrible man was standing over me. His face was that of a skeleton, and it was absolutely ghastly. There were more of them, the skeletons, behind him. Had I been in my right mind, I would have demanded to know who he was and all that sort. Yet I didn't.

My body ached with such pain as I had never felt before. I could'nt breathe, my vision faded in and out, my throat was beyond dry, and I hungered. It was a hunger like I had never known before. I hungered for more than just food. I hungered for life. I hungered for the warm touch of a man, I hungered for sun on my skin, I hungered for the sweetcakes the cook made, I hungered for knowledge.

I hungered for revenge. I hungered for blood.

And I awoke. Confused and dazed, I looked at my surroundings. I had no idea where I was, but before me was the most beautiful face I had ever seen. Had I seen him any earlier in my life, I would have denounced every other man and taken up with him at once. Yet his voice was cold.

"You have awakened. You are not yet aware of what or you you are, but you have awakened."

I opened my mouth to protest angrily, but could make no sound. The urge for blood was strong and I could no longer hold back. I was surprised when he took my arm and bit into it. I felt not pain, but a lessening of. I became dizzy and darkness fell over me.

I will not bore you with the details of my centuries as not much has happened.

I've seen the man with the beautiful face but once in my new life. I did not dare to make myself think about the night when my family died. I do not think about how I came into this "new" life, but I have since awakened. I know who and what I am. I am Lady Isadora Jeuness Baudelaire, and I am a vampire.

What I want more than anything is what was stolen from me. I want my name. I want a family. I want power.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 07:08:15 pm »

oooooooohhhhhhh! That sounds like it has the makings of a incredible story!! Loved it!! Smiley

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 11:27:42 am »

Ok, here's the deal. I accidentially left the story for Rise to Power at school (seeing as how that's where I was working on it) and now it's the weekend. So no update for this week. Which really makes me sad because I was looking forward to furthering. I'm really falling in love with Isadora, and future events bring a tear to my eye. I'll put up some pics of Tomihatsu and Onoe (who are now teens) and their father from Memiors of a Should-Be Geisha. They still haven't tried to contact Kokoro, if you guys are interested. Maybe a reunion show will be in the works:wink: !
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 05:56:16 pm »

OOOH! That would be cool!:) So sad... no update!:(

"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 11:53:15 pm »

The days grew long and the nights unbelieveably short. I envied the mortals their ability to walk in the sun as my preperations seemed endless. My return to power would be a wonderous thing, yet I had not counted on spending so long just making preparations and laying foundations necessary for my return. I could see no end to the problmes that would be caused by my vampirism. I could only hold meetings in the night. Much of the work, I would have to do under a disguise.

I was lucky, however, that these french dignitaries forgave me my "eccentricities," as many had their own. Some of which were best left undisturbed.

It was enough for these politicians to be in my presence. My beauty and charm lulled them into familiarity. I danced with them.

I dined with them.

I walked with them through the lavish halls of my castle. All things led but one place: the grand library. There was where these mayors and governors and emabssadors all witnessed a phenomenon like which they had never seen before: a woman with a brain.

One with ideas about political reform and how to control unruly pheasants. Ideas about how to increase the country's revenue. Instantly, these men were infatuated with me. They drank every word I spoke. They accepted me, and I gave them permission to use my ideas. A different mayor, a different governor every night made sure that my ideas were being heard at court. Merely three months after I had first invited these prominent men to my house, it was asked of them where they had been getting these wonderous ideas. Those feeble men sung my name: Baudelaire.

You must remember, now, that Baudelaire is a very powerful name. No matter how long ago it may bave been (for a lady never reveals her age), the french had not forgotten the contribution my father made to this country. Anyone carrying the name of Baudelaire was thought very highly of, and this only served to further me down the path to power. There had not beena Baudelaire in court since my father died.

When next I met with my dignitaries, they all sung to me the praises of the court. My presence had been requested at the King's court. Only the most important of men were invited, and the King kept a small, exclusive council.

"Did they not think it odd that these ideas came from a woman? Did they not denounce me on the spot?"

"No me beautiful lady."

That was the answer each man gave. No, my lady. No, my beautiful lday, they did not question you. Of course, I knew they had only spoken my last name. To them, it seemed obvouse everyone would assume they were talking about me. What other Baudelaires, after all, did anyone know? Sure the name made appearance every now and then, but none connected in any way to french politics.

Yet it would not do to dissapoint the King. The young unmarried King. I'd done my research. He was in dire need of a queen, and what better person to be the queen than the Lady Isadora Jeunesse Baudelaire?

That's it for now. I finished taking all the pics. Just have to upload them. After this, I'll be going back to do an update on the Mizumi family. See where they're at. But, as usual, comments appreciated!
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 06:39:53 am »

Comments? Another update tomorrow (hopefully!)
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 04:46:21 pm »

I arrived at the Kind's palace, a thing splendid in gold. There were fine, elegant paintings all over the room. Great pillars streatched high to the domed ceiling. It is a sight beyond any you are likely to see in your lifetime. The woman in me wanted to live out the rest of her days in peace in this one room. The Baudelaire in me knew this was where I belonged. Beside the king was an empty throne. It was the throne where I would sit once being crowned queen.

As I entered the room, the herald announced my name.

"The Lady Isadora Jeunesse Baudelaire."

All eyes were focused on me. Looking for my Lord, no doubt. My pets flocked over to me.

Women glared. They were jealous of my perfect pale skin, my perfectly golden hair, and my piercing blue eyes. Just another mistrees, they thought and hoped. But they couldn't be more wrong.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the court, I present to you, our honored geust, the Lady Baudelaire."

I couldn't have asked for a better introduction, or a better reaction. Many of the men burst into angry words, outraged that a woman had tained the purity of the court, ashamed that a woman had succeeded where they had failed. And yet, they were in awe of me. I was an exotic bird, a treasure to be had. They couldn't help but be drawn in like insects to a bon fire.

But most rewarding of all was the King's gaze. He fell into my eyes and lost himself. Though he tried to hide it, I knew that he was smitten. He could never recover from falling that deep into my waiting arms.

He was eager to begin, to listen to all that I had to say. There were other scheduled to arrive after me, but my King did not wait. He started court without them. A signe of utmost disrespect. All in favor of me. Evil glares continued from the women as they were made to leave. Few men trickled in, all gazing at me, the gem more beautiful than anything in the room. The secretary recounted the last meeting, and the poduim was given to me.

And I spoke. Some tried not to listen, to argue, but I had a response for them, I had an answer for them all. I could solve their problmes, gain them resources and strengthen the military. I could promise victory in battles. I could increase the productivity of the labourers. I could make the pheasants less likely to revolt (though they made note to tell me they were no longer pheasants, but citizens). They were quiet and they listened. They absorbed everything I had to say and admitted they could not live without me. We adjourned the meeting.

The King kissed my hand.

Over the next four months, things had begun to change dramatically. It was openly know that the King and I were courting.

He did not care about me hating the sun, and readily held court at night so as not to aggricate my "sickness." The country began to prosper. I would become queen at the end of the month. A beautiful night wedding. Everything I could ever want for my dream wedding. And all the power I could ever dream of.

-----------------2 YEARS LATER--------------------------
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:49:17 pm by babyblue1387 » Logged
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 06:03:34 pm »

I have not yet concieved a child with my husband, my King, but I definately inted to, if for no other reason than to ensure my bloodline in connection to the throne. I have my power. I have everything that I set out to get. Except there is one problem. My husband has become sick.

The doctors believe that he will die. If he died, I have no doubt that the country would be left to me to run. That is not the problem. Without an heir, without a child, I will have nothing.

And in one day, my porspects became instantly greater and so much worse all at the same time. I have since, in the past two years, grown to love my husband. When I learnared of his illness, caused by an infection, I became truly worried about him. I did care what happened to him.

While I was sitting with my husband in our bedchamber, a servant came in to tell me my presence was requested in one of the small meeting rooms. I entered the room prepared to deal with any number of men reequesting my advice. What I got was something completely different. There he was, this...man, sitting in the chair, smiling at me.

I knew this face. I knew the way his voice would sound, knew the way his skin would feel, knew the way his breath would smell. Would I jeopardize everything I'd worked so hard for? Would I denounce the world as I once promised I would? With my mind, I said no. I willed my body to stay distant, my voice to reamin cold. Yet I could no longer control myself.

How beautiful his face! How his eyes were glowing in the softly lit room. I could smell him. I could smell jasmine. I could smell his blood. Never before had I smelled such a pleasureable aroma as I smelled then. So sweet, so comforting. Iw awoke in me such desires I never knew I had, such passion I never knew existed within me. My unbeating heart quivered and threatened, for a moment, to return me to life. A heat rose in my cold body and began to cloud my mind.

"We did not meet properly last time. Forvie me, for I had been rude. I am the Baron Francard Reno. A distant cousin of your Lord husband."

He kissed my hand with the softest lips I had ever known. His voice had been like velvet and silk, wrapping me in warmth and elegance. All at once, it became too hot in the room, and I wanted to plunge my bare body into the cold of the night to free myself from his spell.

"I will be frank with you. I turned you for one reason and one reaon only: to be my queen. Your husband will die soon, and I will take his place. I will be the new King, and you shall rule by my side. My agenda, however, is markedly different from the one you currently pursue."

I did not care if his told me to jump from a bridge in the middle of the day. I would have done it, no questions asked.

"Did you poison my husband?" It took all the willpower I had to get out that one question.
"I needed your name. I had nothing to do with your famiy's deaths, but I siezed the opportunity to turn you. I knew your name would give you power and you are just the type of woman my cousin likes."
PIC HERE
"Did you poison my husband?"
"I, myself, did not kill anybody. Except maybe you. But when he dies, none of that will matter."

Francard pulled me into his arms and I didn't fight him. I was ashamed of myself, disgusted that I was betraying the main I claimed to love. But how can I deny how good it felt? How could I deny that I was under a spell the same way my dear King had been the day he first saw me?

My poor husband was dead within the month, no doubt sped up by Francard and his "associates." Everything after that happened just the way Francard said it would. I had my second wedding, but the enchantment left from there.

Everything began to change. Things got darker. Sure the country continued to prosper, but that was all because of me. Francard did have an agenda far different from my own. Until I met Francard in that cramped room, I had never known another campire. Yet, now, they were everywhere. It did not take long for me to find out Francard's agenda.

He wanted a city of vampires. My belived Marsailles was suddenly overrun with people of the sadier sort. Not to mention, for the first time, I felt scared for my life. Someone had made an attempt on Francard's life. Then a maid showed up dead. And I found out I was pregnant.

I had been so wrapped in his charm that I did not stop to think about what Francard could be doing. I believed I was living a dream, albeit a nightmare. I was ruling my beloved France, yet behind my back, far more sinister things were going on.

Francard neglected to tell me that he'd made enemies. Powerful enemies. It was those enemies who'd killed the maid, those enemies who've been trying to kill Francard for the past 10,000 years. Except he survived. They went through generations and generations, all to try and kill this one vampire.

And now, I was carrying his very first child.

He assured me that they would try to kill me, yet he made no visible moves to protect me, made no move to comfort me. Where I'd been in love with him, he only saw me as a way to reach his goal. I realized that then. He never really cared, had not been waiting for me. I was angry, disguted, hurt.

As my belly greaw, I knew I could not leave until my child was born. But I was scared. I could not count on my ginitaries. They would not dare smuggle me away from a King who had been known for his wrath. Nightly, I cried by my true King's grave. The man that, I realized, I truly did love.

After one such night, I went to bed, hoping to sleep away my pain. I couldn't have been sleep for more than a couple hours before there was a great commotion.

I looked out the bedroom window to see my beloved castle on fire. All the memories I had with my true King were being destroyed. Every gift he gave me, the tapestries made for us, portraits, gold, silver, everything was burning. The garden he had planted for me was now awash in flames.

In my despair, I didn't know someone had entered the room until he threw me down.

I begged him not to kill me. I knew it was the only reason he was there. To kill me and my child. Francard's past finally caught up with him and I was about to pay for it. I had little hope that Francard was still alive, had little hope that, if he was, he'd come rescue me. So I cried and I pleaded. I tried to strike a deal. I could see in his eyes he didn't want to do ie. He promised me it would be painless. Promised that if it was up to him, he'd let me go. But it wasn't. I could close my eyes if I wanted. He could not spare the baby.

Sometimes I wonder. If I'd never gone to see Francard that day, had maybe asked who he was first, my life would be different. Maybe my home wouldn't have burned. Maybe, if I hadn't wanted power, thoing would have turned out different.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 06:06:08 pm »

The next episode (which is about to start filming) is Run Away Love: The Lilith Pleasant Story. Yeah, I kinda messed up her life, and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. We have to hit rock bottom before we realize we can only go up.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 07:43:24 pm »

Awesome story!!! I cried when she died...*sob* But, I would love to hear about the Mizumi family, as well, and your new story looks great!!:)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:18:43 pm by babyblueheart » Logged

starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 10:28:30 am »

Love the short stories.  You have just lovely sims beautifull pictures!

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 06:42:27 am »

Oh thank you so much! not too many people were posting, so I wasn't sure if people really liked it or not!
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 09:25:40 am »

I definitely would have posted, but my darn computer wouldn't start up properly....

babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 02:09:07 pm »

Just a little teaser for the next episode (Run Away Love): This episode features a *!!newly reformed!!* Don Lothario. Forget everything Maxis told you about him! This Don is *gasp* vulnerable *gasp*
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 04:22:59 pm »

Epidsode 3: Run Away, Love
The Lilith Pleasant Story

"You can't kick me out! I don't have anywhere else to go!"
"There are shelters, Lilith. We've let you get away with so much. If you don't straighten up..."
"You don't love me."

"It's not that we don't love you, Lilly, but you're so hard to manage. I mean, look at Angela-"

"Oh, so that's it. I'm not Angela. Maybe you should have thought about that before you named me after the original demon. Maybe you should have just named me Angela pt. 2."
"Oh be serious, Lilly. You can't both be Angela."
"Exactly! So let me be Lilith."

"And Lilith was pregnant at 14 with her first child. Now you're 17 and pregnant again."
"Come on, Angela. Don't patronize your sister."

I couldn't help but cry. There weren't tears of sadness, though. These were the tears of pure RAGE. How wrong they had gotten it! Angela was the real evil twin.

Only mom and dad were too caght up in their own personal affairs to really see that. Angela could come home stone ut of her mind and te would't kno. But thats because mom's always working and Dad's usually out with his mistress.

(pic to come)
And it's been that way ever since I could remember. Mom at work or locked in her study, and dad whorin it up on the streets. Angela and I were left to fin for ourselves. We started out as best friends, but, when we became teens, everything changed.

Angela made the cheerleading squad, became president of some clubs, became really popular...She was always the outspoken one. I faded into the background. Forgotten, not only by my parents, but now my only friend. When Angela started getting involved with boys, I became a liability. I was expected to lie for her, to take the heat when she got caught.

And that's exactly what happened.

Then I met Dirk Dreamer. He was outspoken, but saw some "inner beauty" in me. I should have been a little more cautious. I shouldn't have been take in by his good looks and his charm.

But I was. It turned out that my dear sister thouth she'd do me a favor and get me laid.

What I got instead, was pregnant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: