Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 11:06:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: One Life: Episode 7 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (last page)  (Read 83462 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2007, 08:38:34 pm »

You know, I'm getting the older albums now (they're kinda the same style). I'm not sure I like the old singer as much. They both (new and old singers) have really beautiful voices. I just thing the old singer sounds more opera, and opera and rock don't exactly go together...to my ears at least. Hands down, though 7 Days to the Wolves has to be my favorite song, Eva and Meadows of Heaven are close seconds though.

EDIT: I take back what I said about the Tarja (hoping I got that right). It's just a really unique and different sound. It's growing on me, though!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 09:12:39 pm by babyblue1387 » Logged
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 09, 2007, 03:45:53 pm »

sadie- ooooh okay. how is it better from the in-game camera though? j/w

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 09, 2007, 05:58:45 pm »

It doesn't limit you to the in-game resolution. I found that my pics aren't rediculously bright or dark. You can resize the pics to whatever dimensions you want without it being all stretched (as opposed to using the in-game large, medium, small method). I'd say using Gadwin is kinda like having smooth edges on.
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 09, 2007, 07:08:11 pm »

hmm okay thanks.  i think ill check it out. :]

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2007, 08:57:07 pm »

I would. It's free, so if you find that you don't like it, it's not like you lost any money. Just a warning though. It takes some getting used to. So if you're taking pics for a contest, I'd use the in-game camera as a backup. I changed the capture buttons, and forgot that I did. That caused me to have to rebuild the ENTIRE set for my round 1 in Move Star. I was so not amused.
simfreakkristen

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 11, 2007, 11:23:13 am »

Sal Monella? It was sooooo good until you ran out of names and used a type of food poisoning. But still good. Just promise me Sal Monella is this dude's alias. O.O How did the pregnant lady know his name?!?! Did I miss a crucial part of the story??!!

:welcome: She's here! Iris Delilah Jones. (I know it's kind of stupid to name a baby partly after a Sim story, but I love Banished!!)
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 11, 2007, 02:50:16 pm »

LOL I remember from the Blue Room, she mentioned about naming some sims after diseases :lol: Sorry to disappoint, but I think that's his real name Wink

Re. Gadwin: I find it's better to take pics in big resolution and shrink them down - Gadwin lets you do that. I run the game in windowed mode, 1026*768 or whatever that one is. I tend to keep the capture key to print screen, it's easier to remember that way. Get the image, shrink it in Photoshop using bicubic sharper and constrain proportions (so it doesn't get stretched), works a treat Cheesy

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2007, 07:49:46 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately, Sal Monella is his real name. It was a joke between my father and I. We've got a bunch of weird names like that and when I can't think of any good names, I dig into that pile. Like Ro Morse, who is an actual woman. We were watching City Confidential or something like that and her name came up. I hope his name doesn't turn you away from the story, and no you didn't miss anything. My father and I had decided he would be a mobster. It started with a story about people buying cheese from a pickup and getting salmonella. I said, hey, I should name a sim Sal Monella. And I did. Don't let his name fool you, he's a cut throat type of man....literally.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2007, 09:52:15 pm »

I'll try to squeeze in another update this weekend. With the holidays coming up, the end of the semester, finals, registering for next semester, stupid presentations and teachers who think students are made of money, and starting my second novel, I've been a bit busy. And contests. Can't forget the contests!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 15, 2007, 06:34:33 am »

You have to register for your next semester? Is that an American thing or just for your course? :scratch: Know what you mean about the teachers though; "We've got this coming up", "We strongly advise you to get a placement next year", "Try and get hold of this", never mind the fact that most of us aren't able to do it ¬_¬ Good luck for your finals anyway Smiley

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 15, 2007, 06:44:42 am »

Registering is just signing up for the classes you want to take for next semester. I just got really bummed when I found out I couldn't take a classical lit class and have it fill one of my requirements:cry: This particular teacher wants us to take another professor out to lunch at a "white tablecloth" restaurant. He doesn't want us to go to the many cafes on campus with reasonable prices. He wants us to take the teachers to a semi-fancy downtown restaurant. Is that going to happen? No. The teacher I'm interviewing and I decided we'll bring our own tablecloth and go to her office or a cafe on campus. We both understand the power of being broke;)
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 15, 2007, 08:46:34 pm »

Terrified, John looked around for the men in the black coats. Seeing them, he knew he was trapped.

"Don't run, Mr. Irving. Running will only aggravate me. You don't want to send me into an early
labor, do you? Now, heed the warning, go pay for your groceries, and honor the contract.

The lady patted his arm, then left the aisle. The men in black coats, however, stayed. They watched as John stood there, dumbstruck and terrified. Did he really have no idea what his wife did for a living? What kind of charity would behave like this? John shuddered and tried to act normal. He shakily walked to the checkout and paid for his groceries.

When he got home, John called the police.
"Officer Dandy here."

"Yes, officer, someone's following me. I've been threatened, my children have been threatened. There are men in black coats standing outside my house."

"Do you know who's doing it?"

"It's probably a man named Sal Monella."

"Sal Monella? Sir, please don't leave your house. Mr. Monella is a dangerous man. I'll send some people over to watch your house immediately."

John put down the phone, his hands shaking. He looked around the living room, checking to see if the kids were there. Seeing that they weren't, John sunk to the floor, shaking and crying. His wife worked for "dangerous men." No good could ever come of something like this. Whatever she'd been doing at this so-called charity had been dangerous. Had Magdelena been truthful about what she did for a living?

John couldn't find the strength to pull himself off the ground. This new development coupled with the death of his wife was just too much.

There was a knock at the door, and John attempted to pull himself together. He wiped his eyes and checked his appearance in the mirror. A quick glance at the clock told him that he'd been crying, crumpled on the floor, for two hours. Where were the kids? It wasn't like them to be quiet for so long. After another deep breath, John opened the door and welcomed Officer Dandy into his home.

They made an arrangement to have four undercover police officers keeping an eye on the house. John admitted that having the officers there made him feel safer. He thanked the officer and looked out the window. Sure enough, the officers were outside, waiting for anything suspicious.

Four months after the burial, John felt like life was finally starting to pick up for his family. His anti-mob talisman, the police, seemed to have kept the vultures at bay. They hadn't been bothered since the police showed up. John Jr--Jay--, and Lauren had involved themselves in school activities.  Feeling that things would be better after all, John told the police they could leave. They were reluctant to go, positive that Mr. Monella would show his face again. John told them he felt safe, and shooed them away.

The next month say John and his family at the grocery store again.
"Sir, can you please get me that bottle? I can't reach it."

"Sure, ma'am."

John started to hand the lady the condiment, but stopped when he recognized those familiar blue-grey eyes.

"Are these your children? They're beautiful."

Mrs. Seraphim Monella, wife of Sal Monella. After much begging, the police had finally told him who she was. Mrs. Monella winked at John, took the bottle, then left. John could see the men in black, and cold fear filled him.

"Dad, who was that?"

"Your mother's...boss'...wife...or something like that."

"You ok?"

"I have to be."

Meeting Mrs. Monella again weighed heavily on John's mind. He was jumpy for the rest of the day, too afraid to call the police. They knew where to find him, and he could endanger his children.

"Good evening. I'm loan officer Jeoffry Lannister. I'm coming to see you about a number of outstanding loans owed Mr. Sal Monella and his business."
John had answered the door hoping that it was the police coming to his rescue. It wasn't. He'd sent them away. They wouldn't be coming back anymore. Foolishly, John allowed the man inside the house.

"Mr. Lannister, my wife owed Mr. Monella absolutely nothing."

"Well, Mr. Irving, I daresay our books tell a different story. And on behalf of Mr. Monella, I strongly advise you not to call the police again."

Jeoffry Lannister pulled two big books out of his briefcase and set them on the kitchen table. John was right. They were watching him. They were watching him when the police were guarding him. He'd never really been safe at all.

"First, let me express my condolences for the passing of your wife. She was an exceptional woman, and we are all saddened by her passing. Now, at the time of her death, your wife, Mrs. Magdelena Irving, had many unpaid debts that must be honored by you, the surviving family."

"How much debt are we talking? And what happens if I don't pay?"

"Mr. Irving, it looks like you've got a nice family setup here. Don't be a fool and not pay. Even the police won't be able to protect you. You see how effective they were in keeping us away from you. Now, about your debt, we're talking big numbers. Mrs. Irving has an outstanding debt of $150,000 on this house and $540,000 of miscellaneous small unpaid loans. House repairs, car, driveway re-pavement, that sort of thing. Your total in monetary debt is $690,000."

"Are you kidding me?!"

"Sit down, Mr. Irving, because things get better."

John knew his jaw hit the kitchen table.  He was just trying to comprehend that they were so far in debt, and now this man was telling him there was more. More than $690,000.

"When your wife died, she still owed time on her contract. Now, we've reviewed the circumstances of her death--"

"Now wait a minute. You 'reviewed the circumstances of her death?' You aren't the police. You can't do things like that!"

"Let me tell you something, Mr. Irving. The police only wish they were this effective! But questioning our practices won't get you out of debt. You're a smart man, and I'm sure you only want what's best for your family. We're no more unreasonable than a bank."

John shook his head, grateful that the children were in their rooms. Sitting down at the table, John looked at the man across from him. Taking a deep breath, John nodded, signaling for Mr. Lannister to continue. There was no point in aggravating whoever thy were unnecessarily.

"At the time of your wife's death, she still owed services on her contract. We estimate that at $490,000 of basic or standard services and the entirety of premium services, totaling $946,200. This will bring your entire debt to $2,126,200. Now, Mr. Monella has authorized me to give you two different payment options. You can, of course, pay the entirety of the debt. You will meet with Mr. Monella next week to discuss particular payment plans, with interest of course. Don't worry, I'll be at that meeting, too. The second option is for you to pay the house and miscellaneous debt, again, totaling $690,000, and honor the rest of your wife's contract in her place."

"Work for... Are you out of your mind?"

There was shuffling around the kitchen door, and john got a glimpse of long brown hair. His children were up and had been listening to the conversation. He was about to say something to Mr. Lannister, but the latter beat him to it.

"Mr. Irving, I think it's better to continue this conversation with Mr. Monella. We'll give you a call and set up a meeting for next week. Think about your options, choose what best for you and your family. Other options may or may not be available to you once you meet with Mr. Monella."

Mr. Lannister gathered the books and neatly put them in his briefcase. The two men shook hands, though more reluctantly on John Irving's part.

Just as Jeoffy Lannister had promised, John got a call from Mr. Monell'a secretay. He was scheduled to meet Mr. Monella at a local restaurant later that week to discuss payment options for debt owed. John tried to think that the police had it wrong. Everything that was happening had been very professional and business-like. Not counting the intimidation or stalking.

"Dad, are you going to work for the mob?"

John turned around and looked at his son.

"No. The mob?"

"Yeah, don't you watch the news? Sal Monella is a reputed mob boss."

"No....that means...no, no no no!"

"Did mom work for the mob?"

John turned to look at his daughter. How does one answer that? He couldn't even verify that his wife worked for the mob. The mob?

"Well...that's--"

"Dad you should totally work for the mob!"

"Jay, don't be stupid. Working for the mob is so not cool. He could get killed!"

"Mom did it!"

"Ok, kids, listen, I'm not going to work for the mob, and I'm not sure your mother worked for the mob."

"Dad--"

John held his head to keep it from exploding. Too many question, too much debt, not enough money, and big intimidating guys looking for more than 2 million dollars. And the mod. His wife was involved with the mob.

"Listen, kids, this is all really confusing and frustrating and just...just...let's go out for pizza and pretend this didn't just happen, ok?"
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 16, 2007, 04:50:31 am »

Oh dear oh dear... poor guy Sad Nice update Smiley

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 16, 2007, 06:42:03 am »

And it only gets better! Glad you liked it, though.
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2007, 04:01:01 am »

OOOOoooooooh good update...pizza solves everything Cheesy

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: