Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 04:27:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  
Author Topic: One Life: Episode 7 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (last page)  (Read 83358 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2007, 12:09:55 am »

Uh-oh... this is getting very ugly! :shock: Great work Smiley

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2007, 12:22:27 pm »

Thanks! Alls I got to do now is finish writing it:lol:!
Im_Not_OK

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2007, 12:45:06 pm »

I don't like her anymore Sad She's disgracing my name! I'm ashamed to be called Lauren ... but I would like to shoot someone XD

{{Fall Out Boy/Happy Tree Friends ~ The Carpal Tunnel Of Love}} Because Trace hates it xD
This is for Lola! Because we're proving Trace wrong!
[/FONT][/SIZE]
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2007, 01:09:52 pm »

Ooooh what will happen next???will he make her be a asassin???grate update:D

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2007, 03:21:20 pm »

Quote from: Im_Not_OK;1059634
I don't like her anymore Sad She's disgracing my name! I'm ashamed to be called Lauren ... but I would like to shoot someone XD

Don't worry, she's really just coming to terms with a lot of things. I'm sure she'll find a happier medium between this 'hard-core Magdelena wannabe" and the "nice sweet little girl Lauren." She's thrown up some walls to protect herself, and got a little drunk on power. We'll have to fix that;)

I'm glad you all are enjoying the update!
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 14, 2007, 06:25:04 pm »

It took a while, but I'm back! You won't BELIEVE what I have in mind for this story! Please ignore the random change of Lauren's outfit towards the middle of the update. Me has had big brain fart.
--------------------------------------

John frantically opened the door. When he saw it was Lauren, he pulled her into a hug and began crying. Lauren awkwardly put her arms around her father. John pulled his daughter into the living room, wrapping her in a blanket, calling for his son. The two fawned over Lauren, asking her questions, hugging her, kissing her, telling her how much they loved her. She assured them she was ok, then went to bed. She was ok, wasn't she? She could protect herself now.

"I knew you would be back."

"This isn't exactly an easy decision for me."

"Yes. I understand that. The important thing is that you made this decision. I had to admit, you're cutting it close. Only seven days until the wolves come for you."

"What?"

"Seven days until the wolves come. Collection day. It says a lot that Sal himself is coming to collect your debt."

"Father, I just can't keep up with it."

"I told you not to do it in the first place. That $400,000 could have been put away for the kids."

"I thought he'd be reasonable."

"Yes, but you're Magdelena's husband. You got one of the most desireable women in the mob world. She was pretty, came from a very respectable family, took care of herself. Hell, she'd even kill for her man."

"It's just not right."

"No it isn't. Now tell me about Lauren."

John sighed and began to tell Mr. Anatoli about the change in his daughter nearly two months after she'd come home home late and damaged.

"She's not herself anymore. She's quiet, then at random times, she'll just get this evil devilish grin. Something happened to her, but she won't talk about it."

"Sal's what happened to her, that's what."

"I...I can't let him torment my family!"

"No, John, of course not."

"He's a monster."

"The worst of the worst. I can offer you a road to revenge, though. You don't have to stand for this. Work for us. Work with us. Help us take Sal down."

John stood in startled silence.

"Oh, come on. Don't act like you didn't expect that to happen."

"Well...you'd protect the kids?"

"They're my blood, too. No harm will ever come to them."

"Can you guarantee that?"

"Of course, John. I can also guarantee that Sal won't be a problem anymore."

Lauren held the mass of steel. She loved the feel of it. The metal was cool to her clammy hands. She inspected the surface, watched as it gleamed in the light of the late rising sun. It had given her power, but she needed power on her own, not from some weapon. There was a name engraved in the silver metal: Magdelena. A rose branched away from the "a". Lauren smiled. Had she really done anything different from her mother? She had no reason to be ashamed of herself.

"You did what?"

Lauren could hear her brother yelling. Their father must be home. Lauren shoved the gun back in her mother's nightstand and quietly went to the kitchen, where the raised voices had come from.

"I can't believe you!"

"I thought you would understand why I'm doing this! He can give us protection--"

"What? A gun?"

"No, I refuse to do that."

"Then what do you expect to do?"

John was silent. He didn't want to admit to his son that he didn't exactly know. He wasn't sure what being part of the mob meant. It was too late now to start asking questions.

"Lay off dad. He's doing what he feels he needs to do to protect us."

Father and son turned to see Lauren leaning against the doorway. At least, it was someone who looked like Lauren. They both knew their Lauren would never have been ok with her father joining the mob for any reason. This renewed questions about what happened to her that night. Countering any questions that might come to her, Lauren laughed.

"Don't worry so much about me. I know I can protect myself."

John glanced at his son to see if there was some hidden meaning or understanding that had gone over his head. John jr. could only shrug his shoulders.

"I'm going out."

Before she could be questioned, Lauren hurried to her room to change before leaving.

"I want to protect myself."

Seraphim smiled at Laurne.

"Yes, my husband told me about what happened. What're you looking for, sweetie?"

Seraphim waited patiently as Lauren thought.

"Well, what don't you want?"

"A gun. I don't want that."

"Good girl. Guns are ovverated. You're looking for self defense."

"I want to be the bully."

"Careful now. Taking a life like you did is a power trip, I understand that. Don't get carried away. you become the bully, you'll loose some of yourself. I know you're not a mean girl. How much are you willing to give up? Are you willing--"

"I want to be my mother."

Seraphim closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Sal told her it was coming. He said he could feel it in her. Something of her mother's nature had awakened.

"No, you don't."

"I do."

"Sweetheart, your mother was unhappy. She was angry. The only reason she took up the family business was because her mother was killed. I'm not going to let you continue this vicious cycle just because you--"

"Let me avenge her death!"

Seraphim laughed.

"This isn't the dark ages anymore! I case you haven't noticed, chivalry is dead, and it was a man's job to defend the honor of his family! Gone are the days where you could set the streets ablaze in your fury! Are you really willing to loose all sense of yourself?"

"I may loose me, but I'll gain my mother."

Seraphim could see the tears starting to form in Lauren's eyes. She pulled the girl into a hug.

"We all miss her--"

"You don't have to lie to me."

Lauren shoved herself away from Seraphim.

"I know you hated her. You hated her because your own husband loved her more than you!"

Seraphim smiled sadly, hurt on her face.

"No, Lauren. I never hated your mother. I never even resented her. She didn't love Sal, she loved your father. It took me a while to realize this, I'll admit, but we all do stupid things for love. I've been the butt of way too many jokes for this to be even remotely funny anymore. Sal is used to getting everything he wanted. To him, Magdelena was the forbidden fruit. He thought he loved her. It was never anything more than infatuation. Now? Now he's got to collect the debt she racked up, and there is still a little more than anger aimed at your father."

"What brought on this change of heart?"

"I can't pay. You won't leave me alone until all debts are repaid."

"Well, that's definitely true. I suppose I can find a place for you in book keeping. You'll have to earn the good stuff though. Hell, I'll even put you under Jeoffry. He holds your account, he'll be your teacher. I imagine since you're an accountant this won't be too hard for you."

John sighed. He knew he was betraying his son. He knew he was betraying Lauren. The old Lauren. Still, this was better than being beaten by Sal every month.

"I'm glad you came to your senses. I was beginning to think nothing was getting through to you."

Sal packed up his things and got ready to head out.

"How's Lauren doing?"

"No thanks to you, I can't tell. Whatever you did to her changed her. She's not my little girl anymore.

Sal nodded with a sad sigh. "I only protected her, John. I'd never hurt her."

Was that remorse? Greatly confused, John followed Sal Monella to the front door, intending to further question the matter. As Sal opened the door to leave, though, Lauren was taking out her keys to come in. John couldn't see Sal's face, but his daughter's told him all he needed to know.

Something had happened, though it may have gone as Sal said. Lauren didn't look at the mobster with disgust or fear. A knowing glance was passed between them as if they had some secret. Lauren immediately stood tall, her shoulders back, a devilish grin on her face. Fear rose in John and he determined to pull the truth out of Lauren no matter what it took. What scared him even more was that he'd seen Magdelena smile exactly the same way before. Knowing now what his dearest Maggie did for a living, John's stomach fell to his feet. Had he done the wrong thing by exposing his children to this life stlye? Either way, it was too late to back out now.

Sal nodded a greeting to Lauren. She nodded in return. Sal stepped out of the way to let Lauren in. When Sal turned, John read concern on the man's face. Was there any reason this man should be concerned for his daughter? When the front door closed, John pulled Lauren into the kitchen.

"Enough is enough. What happened."

"I went out for a bit. We really are having nice weather."

"You know that's not what I meant."

Lauren sat down, her back to her father.

"Did he hurt you?"

"Mr. Monella? No."

"Then what happened?"

"He gave me strength. He gave me confidence and control. He gave me protection."

"Protection? What--how? Did he give you a gun?"

"No, Dad." Lauren laughed. She turned to face him, and John could see that something had definitely changed in his daughter. She looked older. She looked as if something had died inside of her.

"He didn't give me a gun. I don't need a gun, I don't want a gun. What he did give me was confidence. I know I can take care of myself."

Lauren stood up. Standing there in front of him, this mere child looked so much like her very adult mother. She had that same fire, that same desire for, and defiance of, life and all things proper blazing in her eyes. It was John who sunk into a chair. He'd lost his daughter. She may not be dead, but she wasn't the same girl.

"Wasn't I protecting you?"

Lauren looked away, and briefly John saw his little girl again. No, he hadn't been protecting them. He knew the answer before he'd even asked the question. Still, he had to ask; he had to know. It only hurt more that this change was a conscious one. When she let down her guard, when she softened, she became his beautiful daughter Lauren again.

"I'll always love you and be thankful for everything you did and still do, but..."

"You don't need me."

"I didn't say that."

"You implied that. How were you going to finish the sentence, then?"

"I don't know."

Their voices had begun to rise with sadness, abandonment, resentment and frustration. Volumes could be said in the silences between them.

"Things just aren't the same anymore."

"I'm doing my best, Lauren."

"I'm drowning."

"Then let me help you."

"He put me in control, I was in control--"

"Lauren, let--"

"Can you imagine how that felt? The power!"

"What's happened to you?"

"What's happened to me?"

"You're not dead."

"I might was well be."

"Don't say that."

"I've got to get out of here."

"And go where."

"Anywhere but here."

John could feel the anger rising in him. It hurt that she didn't want to be with her family. Sal Monella had poisoned his daughter. In this familiar face, he saw none of the qualities he'd loved in her.

"You're not going anywhere."

Not without a fight, at least. John couldn't--wouldn't--let his daughter go anywhere. Lauren only laughed.

"And if I leave anyway, what're you gong to do? Put a hit on me?"

Never was there a more painful slap in the face.

"You hate him, and yet you're about to do the same thing. You detest him, everything he is and everything he stands for, and yet you're becoming the same thing!"

"I'm keeping him off our backs--"

"Then go to the police!"

"You saw what happened last time?"

"You're a coward. you're too afraid to call the police, but you join the mob? Heh, that's some award-winning logic if ever there was any. Give me a call when you're done being an ass."

John could only look on in shock and horror as this creature walked out of the kitchen. She roughly pushed past her awestruck brother and slammed the frond door on her way out. The men were left confused. Who was that?

Much to John's relief, Lauren did come back on her own. She came back but her attitude remained the same. John and his son briefly put aside their arguments to focus on the youngest member of the family.

Jay tried talking to his sister, but she wouldn't hear anything that was being said.

When the mob boss himself came over with a revised contract, Lauren stood in the kitchen, silently watching everything happen. She watched as her father signed the contract, listened as he was given instructions about quitting his legal job as an accountant. She was a hawk, ever present, hunting for something. Her eyes were intense, her body language saying she was guarding herself.

"The kids will have to transfer schools. The arrangements are already in place. They start Monday, and I'll have some uniforms delivered to you. It's a private school. A good one. My son goes there."

John was reluctant, but couldn't back down. Not in front of Sal, not in front of Lauren. The two men shook hands.

"If you don't mind, John, I'd like to talk to Lauren."

Horrified and angry, John stood speechless. Lauren nodded to him, signaling it was ok. He saw in his daughter's eyes the mirror of a look in the mob boss' eyes. They knew he would listen from around a corner, and they were ok with that.

"Your family is worried about you. You can't keep going on with this self destructive behavior."

"What do you know? It's not self-destructive."

"Kid, listen, I pulled this trick when I was your age. Your dad and your brother love you. They don't--"

"Why are you concerned with my family so suddenly?"

"I've always been concerned with your family."

"Not like this."

"I fell terrible about what happened. The idea was to pick you up, drive you around, drop you home. You were to be back before dark. That man wasn't supposed to be in the picture."

Lauren turned her face away as her eyes began to mist.

"I've got the biggest operation in this city. I don't doubt people are trying to bring me down. You might have just gotten caught in the crossfire."

"So I'm still a little child that needs to be protected? The world can lie to me and it'll be alright?"

"Suck up your tears, kiddo. This isn't a bed of roses, you'll find that out soon enough. Each day in this life is progressively harder. It's up to you to find ways to cope. Don't let this anger consume you."

Sal began to leave the kitchen, but Lauren's yells brought him back.

"So what, Mr. Big Bad Boss Guy, you give me the strength to protect myself, you give me confidence, then you leave me with no way to cope with what happened? You...you just turn your back on me?"

"I didn't give you anything, Lauren. That was you. That strength was in you. That evil, vile woman you saw in you? That was your mother. I'm waring you kid, don't get caught up in this life. If you want to defend yourself, take a self defense class. Don't get involved with the bob. It'll eat you up."

"And yet here you are."

"Yes. Here I am."

The two faced off. Lauren's eyes angry and narrow, Sal's eyes challenging and remorseful.
chocolatedalek

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2007, 11:44:36 am »

Amazing!! Have'nt finished reading it yet, but amazing!!! Smiley

The best things in life are, Always unseen. That's why we all close our eyes when we wish, kiss and dream... :angel5:

My Simmies
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2007, 04:39:11 pm »

that was a realy brilliant update i cant wait to find out what happens

Look At My Sims HERE
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 16, 2007, 06:18:53 pm »

So glad you guys are enjoying it!
chocolatedalek

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 18, 2007, 12:49:25 pm »

I am loving it!! Can't wait for the next update!!!

The best things in life are, Always unseen. That's why we all close our eyes when we wish, kiss and dream... :angel5:

My Simmies
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2007, 06:20:25 pm »

Sorry for the delay, but holidays, novels and food seem to be taking up a bit too much time!
------------------------------

The next month, John jr. celebrated his 18th birthday. His father started working for Sal Monella. Lauren had calmed down quite a bit, but her brother and father still found her behavior abnormal. The month wasn't a happy one.

There was a sudden influx of income. John was being paid twice; once by Sal and again by Father Anatoli. John didn't want to go wild and start spending everything he earned. Still, he couldn't help splurging for his children. Little presents seemed to cheer them up a lot. Besides, their life had started to resemble normalcy again, even if they didn't wholly approve of the way their lives were going. Working for Sal was just like working at his old legal job. The kids seemed to be enjoying their new school. John joined the basketball team, Lauren became a cheerleader again. Maybe things weren't so bad after all. Sal was a decent boss, and his wife made some of the best cookies he'd ever tasted.

John jr., however, saw fit to remind his father that anything could go wrong at any moment. In his eyes, something did.

"I don't like it when Lauren talks to him."

"He's not harming her, is he?"

"Well, no, but that's not what bothers me."

"Then what is?"

"He's Sal's son! He's the son of a mob boss, and he's got his eye on my little sister!"

"See, that's the problem with you, Jay! You don't know what you're talking about!"

Both Johns turned to see a fuming Lauren in the kitchen doorway. Father looked down in shame at  having been caught gossiping about his daughter. Son did not back down.

"Not know what I'm talking about? Are you blind? Or maybe you're just deaf. If he's not making passes at you, then tell me what it really is because from where I stand, it looks like there's be some serious flirting going on!"

"Flirting?! So what, I can't talk to guys in the hallway, now?"

"Not this one."

"So should I bring all the guys I talk to home for your inspection? Would you like to do a background check?"

"Don't be unreasonable!"

"Unreasonable? Ha! You're the one who's trying to dictate who I can and can't talk to!"

"Don't pull that crap--"

"You're not my father. Dad, tell him I can talk to whoever I want. I'm not a little kid anymore. I can make my own decisions."

Caught in a rather difficult situation, John could only mumble. If he agreed with Lauren, he would make his son angry, destroy their fragile relationship, and make it ok for his little girl to talk to the mob boss's son. If he agreed with John, he risked sending Lauren on another downward spiral, jeopardizing her health and safety.

"Well, Lauren, it does make me uneasy that you are talking to Impetigo. I don't like the idea any more than your brother. We're just concerned, that's all. But we do have to realize that you're growing up and can make decisions for yourself."

John chose his words carefully, hoping that the middle ground would satisfy both children, at least in some small way. John jr and Lauren glared at each other for a while before Lauren stormed off.

A week later and still worried about his sister, John continued to keep an eye on her at school. He wasn't happy about the gossip he was hearing, and was infinitely less thrilled to find it confirmed.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

John was enraged. He would have been pissed to see his sister kissing boy, but Impetigo, Sal Monella's son, and the heir to the Monella mob? John felt angry and betrayed. Anyone but his own sister.

"Why aren't you in class, Lauren?"

"Because I'm spending time with my boyfriend."

John hated the smug look on Impetigo's face, hated the way Lauren had drawn our and emphasized boyfriend.

"So you're dating my sister now?"

Impetigo laughed. "She's a beautiful girl."

Lauren beamed with pride at having landed one of the most popular boys in school. John felt like he wanted to cry.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt her. I promise. If I can help it, those beautiful blue eyes will never shed a tear."

Coming from anyone else, it would have been sweet. Coming from anyone else, it would be endearing, and he wouldn't have a problem with it, he'd applaud it even. Not from a future mob boss. Not from a man whose profession only promised tears in the future. Too angry to say anything, John left the hallway and continued to the school library. He wanted to confront Lauren about it when they got home, but he knew he wouldn't. He was still too angry about it.

When he saw his sister that night, John couldn't bring himself to speak to her. He loved his sister dearly, and knew that if she truly did have feelings for Impetigo, she'd only get her heart broken.

Lauren peeked into his room a little later and her eyes seemed to confirm all that he thought. John had always been able to talk to his sister--openly--about anything. It was one of the things he enjoyed about their relationship. Now, when things mattered the most, just when they seemed to be getting more complicated, he couldn't find words. He couldn't think of anything to say, no comforting gestures, nothing. As his baby sister, the one he'd spent his life looking after, stared in the doorway, John realized she was growing up. She would find boys attractive. They would find her attractive. They would date, Lauren would get married. She wouldn't always need him. Heck, maybe it's best she date Impetigo. If anyone could protect her, it would be him.

"John?"

He looked up from the bed. Lauren had come in the room and stood in front of him. Suddenly, she pulled him into a strange, tight hug.

"I love you, John. I love you and Dad and Mom. Even though Mom's dead and she's the reason we're all like this, I still love her. I do love you all."

She was crying. John could feel her tears on his shirt. He body only shook a little, but before John had the chance to react, Lauren darted out of the room. Too much came crashing down on John all too soon. He's a senior in high school. Next year, he'd be going off to college, and no one would be left to watch over Lauren. Sure their dad would be around, but he'd be preoccupied with other things. Lauren's bedroom door closed and music started to play.
chocolatedalek

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 22, 2007, 11:47:43 am »

That's really good. I hope Lauren can get herself out of all that trouble!!

My Simmies
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 27, 2007, 10:54:24 am »

Whoo! Now that the holidays are over and things are returning to normal, I should have more time to update. I was able to write a large chunk of story last night, so I can update with a bigger piece of the story, now!

Thanks to all those who're sticking with me! I'm so glad you're still enjoying the story.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2007, 07:15:17 pm »

John, Sr. couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"We'll be out of touch for a while, so I wanted to make sure you understood the instructions."

"The police? What could they do?"

"They'll help set up the sting that'll bring Sal's operation to its knees. Now, a car will show up at your house in a couple days. The delivery man will ask you "who's the car for?" If you answer "my son," I will know that you don't intend to follow through with this. I will know that you are a filthy coward, and I will not be pleased to find out you've wasted my time. If you answer "my daughter," then I will know that you are a man of your word, to be trusted in all that you say. You will go through with the plan we just discussed."

John nodded, forgetting for a moment that he was on the phone.

"Clear?"

"Um, yes, sir."

"Good to know. I look forward to doing business with you in the future. Good day."

"Bye."

It was official. Johnathan Irving, Sr. was in way over his head. He' d managed to do nice things for his family with the money he'd earned, but he couldn't ignore the sour taste in his mouth.

"Instructions?"

Lauren stood looking at her father. Without warning, she hugged him tightly.

"I love you, dad. I love you and Jay and Mom."

"Is everything ok, sweetheart?'

"Yeah...I just don't say it enough."

His life was getting weirder by the moment. Some dark cloud seemed to have taken residence over his head. Maybe what he really needed was a shamen to make the darkness go away.

"So Impetigo, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well, Lauren, we're getting pretty serious, right? Prom is coming up. I don't have a date yet. I mean, I know we're dating and all, duh, but--"

"If you're asking me to the prom, then yes. I'll go."

Lauren couldn't help smiling. Impetigo was a complete contrast to his father. No doubt he had a tough side--she'd seen him angry before--but he was such a sweet kid. He tried his hardest in school and had normal interests. He still stumbled over his words when he was around her. He still carried her books to class. He was a normal kid, and that made everything so much harder.

"Hey, you seem distracted."

"I'm worried about my father. He's been on edge lately, and I don't...I'm afraid he'll get sick."

"Oh. I guess dad's been working him hard. This is one of our busiest seasons."

It pained Lauren to hear him talk about things as if there was nothing unusual. For him, though, there wasn't anything unusual, was there? He'd grown up around this lifestyle.

"I'll ask my dad to give yours a little time off."

"Oh, no. I couldn't ask you to do that."

"Don't sweat it, Lauren. I meant it when I said I'd do anything you asked me to. I'd rope in the moon if you told me you wanted it."

Lauren blushed and tried not to cry. He was such a sweet boy. He didn't deserve any of this.

"Oh, please don't cry! I--I'm sorry, Lauren, I didn't mean--"

"No, it's the nicest thing a guy has said to me."

She lied. The ease with which the lie rolled off her tongue scared her. Still, she knew, like her father, it was too late to turn back. She was in over her head.

And Sal did give John time off. He would do anything for his son, just as she'd been told he would.
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 29, 2007, 12:09:02 pm »

Aaawww thats sweet Smiley mabye he will help her family?

Look At My Sims HERE
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  

Jump to: