Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:58:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: custom maid oufit sizes a reality??  (Read 5928 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
raveshade0

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:12:49 am »

Hey Warlokk, i know this has been talked about a while ago, for once you got the alpha meshes worked out, this was something in the "to-do" pile, but maybe this might give a little motivation to get custom sized maid outfits made, well.. maybe. Paladin just released one of the coolest mods i think Sims2 has yet...
Playable Maid Controller

Ya know how you dont want to make any "default replacers" for anything, including NPC's.. well this just solved our problem.  Paladin makes some of the neatest and ingenious mods and this one is right up there. I think many will be pleased. Thanks goes to Paladin Smiley

So this way, all diff sizes of the maid outfit can be made, and playble sims hired as the maid can wear them, in all the variable size glory.   I just saw this and had to share Smiley
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:58:00 am »

Have you tried running NPC Replacer, Raveshade?

Every time I've tried it, I get a "path not found" error.

raveshade0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 02:15:20 am »

no havnt tried the npc replacer. iv seen that.. but never tried to figure it out, and also didnt want to replace the npc's outright.  I just like the idea of making anyone the maid and having it be one of your player sims better.

and what part are you getting a path not found error?  I tried getting both the maid controller and the npc changer from paladin's site and i get the files fine. no errors.  unless his IP was temporarily down.. as of this msg its workin.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 02:18:08 am by raveshade0 » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 05:57:20 am »

Busines EP requiered, snif

No longer active
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 10:57:30 am »

Oh!  That explains why on my machine it can't find the path it's looking for.

raveshade0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 04:00:29 pm »

ohh.. are you talkin about the link?... well.. yea your right it doesnt work now, as i just tested it.  it did when i posted.. maybe something to do with cache or ip change. but yea now it just directs me to paladins front page.  sorry Smiley
Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 01:54:33 am »

Question though, what sizes would some be looking for maid outfits in?  I'm toying with the idea of doing a set of some sort while Warlokk focuses on other sets, but I'm curious...

(Keep in mind, I have Pets currently, and 'patched' the bodyshop, though I will grab the classic version if need be for this...)
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 09:54:01 am »

Don't forget I already released a 34De-36 Maid replacer and outfit... I'm not planning to do other replacement sizes, but more outfits would be fine if you'd like to tackle it.  Keep in mind it's an alpha mesh though, it introduces a few more elements.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 11:52:43 pm »

Anything I should keep in mind when dealing with alpha layers?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 12:47:08 am »

Extract them as separate .obj's and apply your magnets to them separately... then put them back together in Milkshape/Unimesh.  The ObjX export/import works great for this, then all you have to do is rename and reorder the groups back to the originals, and the plugin does the work.

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 12:35:44 am »

Alright, I did them separate, but how can the magnets grab something that's not there in the alpha layer?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 12:43:33 am »

Ah, that's the fun part... you have to import them into Poser separately and apply the magnets to each part, and re-export.  So you will have a reshaped Body mesh and Alpha mesh, which you then combine in Milkshape.  Usually the magnets don't affect the different parts exactly the same though, so expect to have to tweak the fit a bit in Milkshape to keep the parts from overlapping.

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 09:03:53 am »

I get that, but the way the alpha layer is, when I apply the magnets, they instantly disappear and no change is made to that layer, as there is literally no points or faces for it to grab.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 05:44:09 pm »

Aaaah, that's because the alpha has a different group name when you import it into Poser.  There's 2 ways around this, you can either go into the Properties tab of each magnet, click the Choose Target (or something like that, I forget) and choose the body_alpha group (or whatever it's called).  Or, the easier way, is go into the Properties tab of the alpha mesh itself, at the top under the filename is the group name.  Change this to "body" before you apply the magnets, then they will affect it the way you want.  Then before you export, change the name back.

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 08:18:46 pm »

That helped immensely.  My final issue is selecting the frill around the top of the buster as it seems to be somewhat inside of it.  I may try to play with it, but determining which points is a pain...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: