Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:24:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Beguiled updated chapter five  (Read 13209 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
starlucid

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2007, 03:41:07 pm »

This story is inspired by a 1940s movie that I love The Innocents it is my own version.

Beguiled
Intro

Marta Cortez was more than a little nervous, she was about to meet for the first time her new employer Galo Montanez.  He had hired her without ever meeting through his high powered attorney.  Marta was more than a little intimidated by the luxurious office and the presence of Mr. Montanez.

“Hello Ms Cortez I’m glad to meet you.  Please have a seat.”  Marta sat down in front of the enormous desk in an overstuffed chair that made her feel even smaller and more insignificant.

“Ms. Cortez my driver has already taken your things to the house  and will come pick you up in a little while.  I thought it a good idea we talk before you begin your assignment.”  Mr. Montanez  attorney had told her he was a very busy man and that she would be on her own at the house fully in charge and expected to make all decisions regarding the children she would be caring for.

“Your resume says you are a widow?”  “Yes Mr. Montanez my husband died overseas he was in the military”.  She said so matter of fact few people would push on details of her husband’s premature death.  “ How sad how long were you married?”  Montanez stared at her with curiosity.  “Only six months when my husband was deployed and well a year and half when he was killed in action.

“You had no children?”  “I lost a baby early on”.  “Oh I see.  Ms. Cortez this assignment is for more than a nanny.  I need someone who will be in charge of this children as if they were the parent.”  Montanez looked at her questioningly “are you willing to do that?”  Take charge of these children without my input Ms. Cortez?

“You see I am a bachelor and a very busy man.  I have no interest in raising these children and they are being attended right now by the cook and housekeeper.  I insist you make yourself in charge and not bother me with any details regarding their care or upraising.

You will be handsomely paid and when they are older can vacation during their board schooling.  The boy Carlos is in fact away now in boarding school.  You will be caring for the girl Laura.

“Do you think me selfish for this Ms. Cortez”?  “No sir she lied you are a busy man and are making arrangements for them sir.”

Excellent Ms. Cortez!  You will receive your pay through my accountant William you will hear from him soon enough, my driver is waiting for you Ms. Cortez it is about a four hour drive in the country.  I expect this will be our last time talking Good day Ms. Cortez.”

With that she was dismissed.  She got the point he never wanted to be bothered regarding these children and it was her job to make sure he could forget their existence.  Marta thought it the saddest  thing she had ever heard.  Rich people and their cold hearts!  She shuddered.  It was ok she would love these children and make them her own.

It was a long car ride.  Marta thought about the children their mother dead and their father completely uninterested in them.  She had wanted children and God had not blessed her with that.  When her baby died in her womb it caused complications that left her completely barren.  She had wanted children as soon as she learned that someday she could.  The pain was almost worst than losing the love of her life to know that she would never have any of her own.

Marta used the grant the government supplied to study child development and child care.  If she couldn’t have her own children she would help raise others and do it the best she could.

She asked the driver to leave her in front of the gigantic house she wanted to walk instead of be driven in.  It also gave her a chance to explore the surroundings.

The sight of the property took Marta aback it was enormous!  This would be her home for quite a few years hopefully.  She would not have to live with her dysfunctional family and work in an dismal orphanage, she would live in the lap of luxury with children that she could basically call her own.  Marta was very happy indeed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 04:15:42 pm by starlucid » Logged

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 04:37:25 pm »

Wow! This is an interesting beggining Star! ^^ I've never seen the movie but I'm sure your story will be just as good.
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 05:33:52 pm »

Thanks Elven!  I'm not going to rush through this one hopefully I'll be able to do the story justice.

Solitario's Don't Die..
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 06:13:56 pm »

ooo
sounds good
Im tuning in

LAX is whats up.
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 09:07:26 pm »

LOL! thanks guys I appreciate the encouragement.  I have modernized the story instead of Victorian times as the movie.  I hope that won't ruin it.  That will save me from having to install a zillion things that will end up crashing my game.  Also i gave it a Novela feel as in Spanish soaps which I love.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 09:09:41 pm by starlucid » Logged

Solitario's Don't Die..
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 09:44:26 pm »

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Marta sat on bench to take in the front of the property it was lovely yet somehow held a sadness and remote feeling.  

It was then she heard someone calling in the distance a female voice Laura she looked around but saw no one.  Then she saw a blonde little girl who was walking toward her.

“Are you our nanny?”  the little angel said to her.  “Yes I’m Marta you must be Laura.”
“Oh Miss Marta I am so happy you are finally here! She squealed in delight!

“I knew you would be pretty she said with a smile I bet Selma you would be!”
Marta smiled “Who is Selma?”
“She is housekeeper” Laura replied.
“Well Laura I think maybe we should go inside so I can meet Ms. Selma then.”

“Wait first you have to meet Don Paco he is my only friend.  He is a good bear he watches over me.
“Well I am very please to meet you Senor Paco you may rest easy now because I will take very good care of Laura now!”

Marta took hold of little Laura’s hand and walked up the winding steep hill to the main house.  It was very impressive indeed she was met at the door by a lovely Ms. Selma the housekeeper.  

"Hello, Hello! she shouted oh I am so happy you are here! Keeping house and this little one has been too hard"!  she said in her lovely West indies accent.  Ms. Cortez I have unpacked your things in your room I will keep this little one while you settle in.
Please Selma call me Marta.  "Well ok den she said in her lovely accent Marta it is!  Come in, let me show you da house."
"It's huge"!   Marta remarked.    "Yes it's plenty big for just the three of us that's for sure" Selma showed her in.
The first thing Marta noticed was two urns with their corresponding oil paintings.  She shook off a momentary shiver up her spine.

She then looked into a lovely modern living room the house was cozy enough indoors although it felt chilly up in these mountains.

Selma showed her the rest of the house and then her own bedroom which was lovely she put up John's picture and started a fire to warm up the bedroom it was a lovely large room.

Marta went out to her private terrace it had an amazing view of the foggy mountains.

As she sat there taking in the amazing view she thought of her John how he would have loved this place.....he was an expert climber he would have been excited to explore those lovely hills..

She thought about the many dreams and hopes they had for their life together.  She thought about their last conversation by phone when she had lost the baby and they both cried together on the phone.
He had asked for special leave to be with her and it had been aproved but right before he was to join her he had been killed by a road bomb and with that blast went what was left of her heart.  Blasted into a million pieces along with John's beautiful body.

She walked back into the room and gazed at Johns picture and broke down.  Why?  Why had God taken her baby and the love of her life?  She would allow herself this one cleansing cry and then move on to take care of this lost little girl perhaps God was giving her another chance with this lonely precious little girl who was alone as she was.

Solitario's Don't Die..
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 04:35:47 pm »

This is really good
Your story's are always so amazing starlucid

LAX is whats up.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 05:16:48 pm »

OOOOHHH! Another great story!! Wow! I am so lucky! Smiley

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 08:15:45 am »

Thanks guys! You guys help us keep the momentum going.  Going to update sometime today hopefully.

Solitario's Don't Die..
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 09:38:42 am »

Chapter two

Marta washed her face with cold water and reaplied her makeup, it wouldn't do to go back downstairs with a sad face.  This was her first day here and she wanted to make a good impression.

Downstairs she joined Selma and Laura for dinner.  Selma was a fabulous cook, her spagetti and meatballs were great she would have to exercise if she didn't want to get fat here.  
Little Laura was indeed a chatterbox.  She asked Marta a zillion questions.  Eventually she came to the inevitable one....

"Miss Marta how come you are not married?  You are so pretty!  Don't you want to have your own kids?"  she innocently asked.

"Laura you are being impertinent with all these questions! snapped Selma sensing my uncomfortable pause.
" It's ok Selma we are going to be family from now on I want to share my story with both of you" I replied.

"Laura I was married to a wonderfull man.  His name was John we met when we were both very young and fell in love.  He joined the military, he wanted to study science he was very smart but going to college is very expensive and he was in debt from his student loans.
The military paid off his loans and were going to pay for him to finish his degree.
 Then the war broke out and he was deployed his knowledge in science were important skills since they were looking for chemical weapons hidden in the country.  I had gotten pregnant before he left but my baby died in my womb.  It broke both of our hearts.  My husband was going to be allowed to return to me but his convoy was attacked and burned.  That was a year ago.

I was very sad and depressed sometimes I still am.  But I went to school and studied how to care properly for children.  This is my first job as a Nanny/Governess.  I was told I would probably never have my own children when my baby died and I love children and could not imagine my life without them."  I sighed in relief at getting my story out it helped to have no secrets with those who you will live with.  Secrets made her heart heavy.

Little Laura was quiet during her whole story.  Her beautifull eyes lit up for a second and she finally said.  "You know Ms. Marta I have no Mother and you have no baby......maybe?....

Marta got up and gave her a big hug and kiss and whispered into her ear "Yes we can have each other"

Solitario's Don't Die..
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 10:05:31 am »

Chapter 1
continued

It was bedtime Marta got Laura ready for bed she was going to meet Selma in the hot tub and quiz her on the history of the children.  In particular Carlos the teen away at college.  She knew he would be coming home for his spring break in a few days and she wanted some information.
"Ok cupcake did you brush your teeth?" "Yes Madam"! Laura gave her a toothy smile so she could see.
"Good job ok story time!"  Laura squealed in delight!  There were not many children's books in the book case.  She would discuss that with the accountant who was coming in the morning to meet with her regarding the expenses.  She was disgusted to find out Little Laura did not even know her letters properly.  She would neet to order an appropriate curriculum to get her up to speed in reading.

Fortunately, Laura was quite bright so maybe she would catch on quickly.  Storytime was fun and she could tell it was the first time anyone sat and read to Laura she hung on every word read to her.

Marta stayed with her until she fell asleep.  She looked at Laura and thought I can lose myself in this lovely lonely child.  She can be my reason to get up each morning.....Thank you God you take but you also give.  She prayed over Little Laura "Dear God protect this child you have given me to care for....Let no harm come to her.  Give me wisdom to raise her properly with love and character.  Give me also strength to fullfill my promise to do so....Amen.

With that she went into her room and changed into her swimsuit and joined Selma in the hot tub.

"There you are!  I didn't think Laura would ever let you go!"  Selma laughed.
"Yes she was tired but excited so sleep took awhile in coming.  Selma this is wonderfull!  Water is perfect!
Marta felt her tensions easing in the bubbly hot water she was tired she didn't quite realize how tired until she sat in the tub.

Selma tell me about Carlos I know he will be here in a few days I need to know what sort of boy he is.  I want to be prepared to meet him.

Solitario's Don't Die..
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 08:30:09 pm »

I love the fact that you update so quickly, Star, I only wish I could take pictures and post things that fast! ^^ heheh. I love this story so far! I'm looking forward to reading this story with more children in it because I love kids as well. Can't wait to see Carlos!
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 10:17:37 am »

thanks elven!  Carlos is a teen an older teen and well he will be a handfull.

Solitario's Don't Die..
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 03:47:50 pm »

Chapter Three

After a disturbing conversation with Selma regarding Carlos Marta didn't think she could sleep a wink that night.
Selma told her plainly that Carlos was in her opinion a devil.  Marta was surprised since usually Selma's comments were very positive.  She had nothing positive to say about Carlos.
She said he was always getting in trouble at school and had been expelled from two schools.  She said he was involved with using drugs and whoring around with other crazy teen females in the neighborhood.
Marta tried hard to get some sleep she had to meet with the accountant in the morning and needed to have her wits about her.

The next morning she met with William, Mr. Montanez accountant.  He was very sweet and told her to make any resonable request by email and he would approve it.  Marta told him she had set up a room of the house as a small classroom to tutor little Laura and she gave him the bill he said he would take care of it.  Marta took the oportunity to ask regarding Carlos arrangements.  
"Well Marta.....Carlos is sort of a problem all his needs are handled through the school.  He makes requests through them for small amounts of cash.  Since he has been caught with narcotics before."
"William the school is on vacation since yesterday and I have not heard from Carlos I realize he is almost 18 but I don't know if I can control him since he is almost a grown man" this was starting to really worry Marta since this young man really sounded like he was out of control.
"Don't worry Marta that boy gets his trust fun next month the paperwork is already in effect to emancipate him he does have a job he has managed to keep for about a year thanks to much bribing by me.  When he turns 18 next month I will have the locks changed here myself.  Just try to keep your distance and keep his little sister away from the creep.  OK?"

Marta took the rest of the day to begin Laura in a routine of learning.  She had an aquarium set up to help her learn responsibility.  Laura was delighted she had never had a pet.

They practiced her letters and pre-reading skills

She even had her learn a few musical notes on the piano.  Oh that would need to be tuned soon!
and of course art which was Laura's favorite and her best subject.

Marta was enjoying this child so much.  This felt so right it gave purpose to her and a feeling of being usefull not just a sad mess.  She almost forgot to watch for Carlos who according to Selma had been spotted over at the Pleasant household hanging out with their little delinquent daughter Lilith.  Marta prayed he would continue his pattern of not coming home she was not looking forward to meeting the fly in the ointment of her new task.

Later that night Selma fixed her mojitos Marta was really getting addicted to Selmas wonderfull coctails every evening.  "Ms Marta I have been trying to swim each evening to lose these stubborn pounds but you can affort to gain a little weight you are very thin!"  Selma was curvy but not fat.  
"Selma if I keep enjoying your drinks each night I will have to do a few laps in that pool with you each night as well" she laughed.
Just then she heard voices they both looked down into the pool area and Marta noticed a young couple in front of the pool....

Selma hushed her and whispered shh...that's Carlos and the Pleasant girl Lillith.  They look high....let's watch them they can't see us from here.
Marta nervously watched from the deck.

Lillith*  "CARLOS! stop it!  
Carlos*  Come on Lilly let's go for a swim take off your clothes...
Lillith*  No.....maybe later is there anything to drink here?  

Carlos whispered some apparent obscenity into Lillith's ear and then they disapeared into the shadows..

Marta was shaking what was she going to do?  Selma whispered "they are in the pool just leave them maybe they will leave after swimming...
Marta decided if she didn't confront Carlos right away he would never respect her.  She told Selma she was going downstairs to meet Carlos the brat and set him straight on who was in charge of the household.

Chapter 4

Marta shook off the feeling that she was making a mistake by confronting Carlos.  She knew if she didn't he would continue to show up and act out as he wished.  She couldn't let him walk all over her at least for Laura's sake he would have to be dealt with.
First she made a call to the parents of the girl.  They were mortified and very embarassed Mr. Pleasant said he would be over right away to pick up his daughter.
Then she walked over to the pool and found it empty the young couple had moved into the jacuzzi.
They were quite cozy in an embrace when Marta walked over to them.

They didn't even notice her standing there for awhile until Marta coughed and cleared her throat not just for drama but to prepare her voice to sound authoritative..

"Hello Carlos Welcome home....I am Marta the new governess.  I have called this young lady's family they are on the way to pick her up.    A room is prepared for you to sleep but in the future you will come in at a respectable hour before midnight is that understood?

Carlos slipped out of the hot tub and left his young friend in there to deal with the shock of daddy is coming to get me.  Eventually she got out and dressed slowly....she definately looked like she was on something...
Carlos movements were quick and smooth almost like a predator it made Marta very uncomfortable for a young person he carried his body with an incredible confidence he quickly put on his clothes not taking his eyes off of Marta and holding her stare.
He slid behind the bar and started to fix himself a drink.  

"Carlos! You will not drink in this house you are still underage!"  Marta was starting to lose her temper with this overgrown brat.
"Tell me Marta do I look like I need you to watch over me?  I don't want to fight you nanny....but I need to warm up let's have some coffee then so we can get to know each other then?"
"That sounds like a good idea Carlos I'll fix it then."
"No!  Allow me to make it I am quite good at it"  Marta looked at him and decided she would have to pick her battles with this one.  "OK Carlos that's very nice of nice you go ahead then"
She sat down while he brewed the coffee.
Carlos*  You know I had a feeling you would be a good looking woman my father seems to have a good eye for beauty.....
Marta did not like how the conversation was going she continued to try to speak to him about school and his plans but he said he didn't feel like talking about the future right now he was enjoying the now....

When Marta thought back to this moment she realized that it must at been at this time that he put something in her coffee.  Whatever it was it took effect very quickly..

While she was drinking the coffee Carlos stood in front of her waiting apparently for the drug to take effect.  She looked up at him and he began talking to her about how things were going to be.  

Carlos*  "Nanny....I don't take orders from anyone do you understand?  You need to learn a lesson now nanny but don't worry nanny I'm here to teach it to you"....
Marta felt herself fall under influence of the drug Carlos had slipped her she tried to get up but only slipped further onto the ground.  She began to wretch uncontrollably.

She found she couldn't speak or scream or move for that matter.  Marta felt herself faint helplessly with Carlos watching.

Marta was not sure how long she was unconcious when she awoke she realized slowly she was in her own bedroom undressed.  She had been raped she knew it Carlos had undressed her and violated her while she was unconcious.....she stumbled to her feet and onto a chair her body was reeling in pain.  Her body covered in bruises and dripping with the essence of her attacker.

Marta sobbed unable to think or react to this realization.  No one had touched her since John's death she had not even thought of being with another man.  Now she had been savagely raped by a teenager who she was suppose to be in charge of.

Marta sat in that chair for a long time crying and feeing a rage and sorrow she did not know existed.

Chapter Five

After the rape things fell apart quite quickly.  Marta left the house to recover.  Mr. Montanez gave her one of his many city homes to be alone for awhile and get her mind straight.  After about eight weeks Marta called William, Mr. Montanez solicitor.  She told him she had decided to stay at the small house for awhile and wanted him to bring Little Laura.  
She would put her in a small private school in town and live there until she could figure out something different.
Mr. Montanez was pretty much giving her anything she wanted in exchange for her silence on Carlos attack of her.
He was a very important man and a scandal would hurt his bottom line....his pocket.  He had quickly sent Carlos out of the country to an all boys school.  He was told he was not welcome back and if he showed up would be cut off.
Being cut off was enough of an incentive to Carlos to go off quietly.  Marta's condition was that he enroll in a drug rehab program and never come near her or Laura again and he agreed in the form of a contract to do so.
The last Marta had heard he was in Italy in Monastery undergoing treatment and psychological and spiritual help.
That was enough for Marta she did not want to hurt this family they were already broken enough.  She just wanted her little girl back and to be able to live a nice quiet life caring for her.

William gave her a big hug when he saw her.  They went to the patio to talk.
Marta was anxious "William where is Laura?"  she asked nervously she missed that little girl so much.
"Marta she is in the car.  I asked her to wait there until we had a chance to chat alone.  How have you been?"
"William I am fine.  I am ready to care for Laura.  The city is a good distraction.  I have spent my time decorating this small house.  I think it will be perfect for Laura and I".  She felt uneasy about William leaving Laura in the car.  Why had he done that?  Did he think she was too much of a mess to care for her?
"Marta if you need more time I can make temporary arrangements for Laura"  he said with concern on his face.  "William the only thing I need now is to keep busy and take care of Laura I need her as much as she needs me we were doing very well before the rape"

"William I am not angry I'm desolate and alone.  Once I'm back with Laura I will be able to move on.  Also the city is a better place for Laura she will be able to learn culture and go to school with other children."
"Marta if you need anything at all don't hesitate to call me.  Mr. Montanez has authorized me to take care of all and any of your needs and requests.  He is very gratefull for you discretion.  Although personally I would have liked to see That little punk go to jail."  William was not giving her a hard time after all he was just concerned...whew!
"I'll go get her then!"
"Oh William will you leave us alone please I want a chance to reconnect privately if you don't mind."
"Sure!" he mumbled with a sort of hurt look on his face.

Little Laura ran up to her and gave her a wonderfull hug and many kisses.  She felt her heart leap with joy.  Yes this was the right thing to do.  To move on....and with this innocent child in her arms she could do that finally.

"Miss Marta why did you leave me for so long?  I was so worried about you!  Was it because Carlos hurt you?" Marta felt her stomach flip how did she know?

"Yes Laura I needed some time to clear my mind and get better.  As soon as I got everything in order I asked William to bring you love."
"Marta did he punch you?  Carlos I mean?"  She innocently asked.
"No Laura.  He touched me in a bad way.  In a way that made me sad and sick.  It is a kind of attack called rape.  But he has gone away now and will never come back so we don't have to worry about him anymore.  OK?"

Laura thought about it for a second and smiled and said "OK!"
That is the wonder of children they move on so quickly and with little effort.  Marta made a mental note that she would do the same while she was in the company of this lovely child.

"Now....would you like to see our new house?  Wait until you see your room you are going to like it Laura it's all pink!"  Marta felt herself slowly coming alive again just like that.
That evening after she got Laura all settled Laura layed on the couch to watch a little tv.  She was fairly happy but felt physically terrible just run down and exausted.

She decided she better get to bed she had to register Laura for school early in the morning.  Her stomach reeled ugh...she was getting sick maybe the flu?  Not pregnancy certainly couldn't be that.  Hadn't the doctors told her it was almost impossible?  She wrestled with the word almost......Almost= maybe?
OMG! she thought cannnot be.....cannot be...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 04:14:09 pm by starlucid » Logged

Solitario's Don't Die..
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 07:48:33 pm »

Oooh. Drama for the new mama. ^^
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: