Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 03:11:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Murda/Urban Gangstas - 10/23/2007 - Update - The Road Splits In The Courtroom  (Read 85711 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
phoenix_risin

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2007, 10:49:18 pm »

Great Story. Love all the connections and suspense. I really love all the social issues you bring into the story with such finesse. Love that part. Especially the struggles of inner city youth and what they face as well as the whole baby momma drama and the trouble you have finding a real relationship in the "warzone". While doing all that you still brought in issues that are main stream. You have Skills.
Can not wait to read the rest.
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2007, 09:30:37 pm »

Moon22T - I don't mind at all! I'll have it uploaded tomorrow.

Phoenix_risin - I almost always PM people a thanks rather than bump the story up with comments.  However, your detailed reasons in why you like the story is greatly appreciated and I'd like to comment on what you said so others will benefit.  Impoverished urban youth go through hell, particulary minority kids, but this is true of poor kids anywhere.  We have the added burden of discrimination, particularly with jobs, and this makes the whole drug dealing scene so appealing to many.

In Amsterdam, they sell weed at coffee houses. In Italy, approximately 1/3 of their Parliment (equivalent to Congress) tested positive for weed and/or cocaine earlier this year, and nothing happened to them. Here in the US and in many other places, you get sent to the Big House, particularly if you're stuck with a cheesy free lawyer because you're poor.  I suggested to one young relative who deals weed that he move. He laughed; he doesn't get it.

For readers who are unfamiliar with Prohibition, simply google it. It describes a time in US history when possession of alcohol was outlawed and would get you locked up. This is unimaginable now, and lin the 1920s or 30s, it resulted in incredible mobster violence. Because so many politicians and the wealthy continued to drink, they legalized it. We're in Neo-Prohibition times, but the poor and minorities suffer the most.  Thanks to political correctness and I suspect the alcohol and pharmaceutical lobbies, few politicians dare try to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana as has been done in several other countries, yet they're stingy with funding rehabs.

I write about what I know, as well as what I've seen and experienced in my own family, community, and career, where I worked many years as a social worker dealing with every single issue in the story, over and over again.  I came to the conclusion that more of our stories of struggle need to be told, without glossing over issues that some blacks would find embarrassing or make them angry.  I have people in my own family who simply cannot stand me writing about "criminals" (gangstas).  They'd rather see me write about less controversal issues with happy endings.  They also hate the bisexuality in one character who lives on the down low. Or they're offended at my attempt to look at every angle dealing with the pros and cons of religion or abortion. They're old school and don't want our dirty laundry aired.  Screw 'em, along with Bill Cosby who hates it when folks give their kids black names.

Every ethnic group, race, religion, and gender has individuals who do awful (or great) things, and it is not a reflection of their group.  It's a reflection of individual temperament, the social class and community one is born into, plus the material, psychological and other resources of their family or caretaker(s).  

I think that Murda has universal appeal even though it's in a black setting, because struggle is universal.  I've come to believe that most people do the best they can with what they have. Many do not have happy endings.  They and their children suffer - some grow up stronger for their experience while others become dysfunctional and "have issues".  This is why my characters have extreme personalities - they grew up under extreme circumstances.

And Phoenix, it's like you said, trying find - and keep - love amidst the chaos in the warzone is unbelievably hard.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 07:47:15 pm by vita4all » Logged

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
phoenix_risin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2007, 06:34:43 am »

All I can say is Amen!

I can not wait to see more of the story. If I was not in a rush this morning I would write more. I totally agree though with all you said.
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2007, 12:47:51 pm »

I agree 100%, vita. Just like blacks, every race has their own struggles, even if they don't seem like much of a comparison. Even my family, who looks pretty put together on the outside. I wouldn't say my family is racist, because they have nothing against other races or their ways of life. But they fit into and try to make others fit into racial stereotypes in their own minds. We're a big german/dutch family. Beat our kids with our belts, go to church on Sundays, make them work on a nice big farm, make sure they marry a hard-working (preferrably rich) man and have lots of kids. And life goes on. >.>
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2007, 07:09:51 pm »

Hi Friends and New Readers,

Lot of PM'ing back and forth, and thanks for sharing your comments, compliments and thoughts.

Moon22T - the Murda/Urban Gangsta Artwork Collection 1 to hang in your Sim houses is here as you requested! Plenty of Ronnie pics along with others. Sorry it took me so long, computer issues due to Seasons install, blah, blah, and thank you for asking.

For those who don't know, Moon requested some of the artwork that showed up in the story, including the two nice wolf portraits in the story and one that hasn't shown up in the game yet of a cool gangsta painting from Snoop Dogg's new movie, House of Horrors. No sexual themes in this collection; PM me for those. They're on various frames with easy to figure out labels, like Protecting My Cellmate -GrilledCheese, and you can view it by clicking on the jpg photo in the file to see if you want it. If not, simply delete it. Directions for how to install pics, in case you or others reading this post don't know are in the folder in the text document.

If anyone wants a wall-hanging of a specific photo, let me know here or PM me which one(s) and which frame(s) you want it on. I'd post these elsewhere but I'm uncertain there would be a great enough demand to warrant it. If this changes I'll post it on the Forums page where you can find art.

Phoenix_Risin: Amen and thanks for your support! Again, loved your insight into why people in the story do what they do, and how they came to be the way they did.

Elven_Song: Love your gift with words and I've enjoyed our PM'ing.  Your experiences prove that all people and cultures have more in common than they do differences.  For this, the entire human race is blessed and has a chance. Now as I said earlier in our PMing, go do your homework before yo' mama or daddy gets the belt and spanks your behind! (LOL) Just joking. Hugs.

To the young man sweating over life: Forgive me for giving you a simple formula, as I know it's easier said than done, but when when life sweats you, try to hang on, stay strong, and not to give up hope. Sometimes hope is all we have to get us through the hard times.

* Art - Murda-Urban Gangstas - Collection 1.rar (4574.57 KB - downloaded 124 times.)

LissaS

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2007, 03:06:13 pm »

Thanks soo much for the art. Since I'm a fan of you and Roonie and other charaters in your story I made all my hood girls a huge fan to. He's a star in my hood, like a movie star and they all want a hold of him. Now I got pics for the girls who love him already. Thank you sooo much and keep up the good work

#1 Fan

Moon
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:28:18 am by Moon22T » Logged

Brand Nubian: Queen
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2007, 09:31:19 pm »

Hot damn! Ronnie got fans!
Guess I can't kill him off now, eh?
Just joking.
Maybe...
Ah-ha! Gotcha!
Seriously, I ain't telling,
but keep your seatbelts on...

LissaS

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2007, 12:27:02 am »

You betta not kill Ronnie off or imma...imma....as soon as I think of it that's what I'll do!!!

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2007, 06:05:09 pm »

^ Moon, I'ma I'ma I'ma rolling out of here on spring break vacation with the family as of in 5 or 10 minutes, and Ronnie and the crew are in bullet-proof vests until then!

LissaS

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2007, 06:43:10 pm »

Oh ok they betta be

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2007, 02:42:29 pm »

Thanks for the compliments, PMs and emails. Some of your letters are very touching
and I appreciate that you've shared your life experiences with me.

Sorry it took so long to crank out another chapter, but here's a new one today, titled
Survivors Play 'Em Hard And Land On Their Feet

I also have another chapter almost ready except for the photos
(they take so long!) and I'll have it up soon.

Life caught up with me, followed by a vacation to keep my youngest child from rioting.

Enjoy!

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Find my new blockbuster chapter today -

::smilieiforgetwhi:: At the end of Post 1, page one, never the end of this thread.
[/I][/B][/FONT]

Yorvi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2007, 07:06:28 pm »

Vita this story is so captivating! I love it and i'm a huge Ronnie fan..He is just too cute,lol..Also just wanted to say Thanks for keeping us entertained and also for the artwork!

Click Here And Join The Fun At Real Sims 2!!!
Veckah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2007, 02:23:11 pm »

Once again Vita, another wonderful chapter.

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2007, 10:33:57 am »

Veckah, Applekisses, others: Thanks, it's my pleasure.

Applekisses & Margiery: Regarding the artwork - As the story has progressed, I've learned how to make a lot of the clothes and use wall-hangings as part of the story. The pictures on the wall and many of the outfits often symbolic of events in the story or the values or unconscious minds of the characters. Sometimes it's very, very subtle.

I set a "stage" to match what's going on, and "direct" the actors (sims) to play their role.  The photos of most chapters take much, much longer to do than to write them. Sometimes a sim will do something spontaneous and so cool, that I'll take the shot and fit it in the story. I love it, and I value all of you for taking the time to leave comments, PMs or emails, too. Again, thanks.

antitheftmilk

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2007, 02:36:56 am »

Just read the new one. Tasty! Smiley:blob6:

What was it like to see
The face of your own stability
Suddenly look away
Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: