Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 11:52:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Murda/Urban Gangstas - 10/23/2007 - Update - The Road Splits In The Courtroom  (Read 86210 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2007, 07:22:15 pm »

Man, that poor kid is loaded with diseases!  :sad3:  It's sad that there's actual people in this type of situation today, and I feel for them even more than before... Sad  

This is getting really good.  Keep it up, Vita!  :angel:

Veckah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2007, 08:28:52 pm »

Once again Vita, you amaze me. Kareem's situation is all to real for the kids on the street now. All they want to do is live, so they end up turning tricks and do nothing but end up killing themselves anyway. I am a firm believer in 'Life is made up by the choices you make', but sometimes the choices you are given can't lead to good no mater what you choose.

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2007, 10:07:30 am »

Wow, you three jumped on this chapter fast. I'm glad it moved you enough to say so.  These kinds of conversations that exchange ideas is one of the things I've hoped would take place in this thread, however brief.

Tenshii, I spent a lot of time researching the latest stats on STD infections in the general populations. I don't think people should fear sex, but they damn sure need a healthy fear and respect for disease, and protect themselves. Diseases often travel in pairs. Find one, you often find two.

Veckah, you made an interesting point about choices. One of the issues with Kareem is that he's 15, and not really competent to make sound choices. Teens (and adults) who have a lot of emotional baggage from trauma and grief don't always think clearly. Combine this with minimal education and being starved for love is a recipe for disaster. This is what's happening to Kareem, and many, many other real people.  Humans don't always have the best solutions or make the best choices in how to get their emotional needs met. We are constantly victims of our passions, ourselves, others, and unfortunately, disease.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
LissaS

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2007, 10:33:30 am »

Quote from: vita4all;714097
I don't think people should fear sex, but they damn sure need a healthy fear and respect for disease, and protect themselves. Diseases often travel in pairs. Find one, you often find two.

One of the issues with Kareem is that he's 15, and not really competent to make sound choices. Teens (and adults) who have a lot of emotional baggage from trauma and grief don't always think clearly. Combine this with minimal education and being starved for love is a recipe for disaster. This is what's happening to Kareem, and many, many other real people.  Humans don't always have the best solutions or make the best choices in how to get their emotional needs met. We are constantly victims of our passions, ourselves, others, and unfortunately, disease.

And you know what?....you are completly right..right right right right right!. It all starts in the mind, once your mind is messed up everything else then becomes infected and people may not see it until it starts to physically show, in their actions or health. Words are powerful, once you speak something it comes into play. You may not know it but later on you always see it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 10:40:34 am by Moon22T » Logged

Brand Nubian: Queen
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2007, 02:45:27 pm »

Hi Friends and New Readers!

Thanks again for your comments, our conversations and support.  

Huge Chapter Update:

Falling On Ghetto Land Mines

Enjoy, and please leave a comment letting me know how the story is hitting you.
Meaningful exchange of ideas, including disagreement, welcome. :angel:

::smilieiforgetwhi:: Find Chapter Updates on Post 1, Page 1,
never at the end of this thread.
::smilieiforgetwhi::
[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2007, 07:35:07 am »

I could say one word about the ending to Ch. 67, but I'll keep it to myself.   (since I'm not one to use profanity on a regular basis.  Wink  :lol: )

Wonder how Ronnie's going to get himself out of this trap.  He really hit the land mine this time...  :sad3:

Veckah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2007, 12:57:51 pm »

I THINK I know what is going on, but then again maybe it is just my HOPING what is going on is what I want it to be. If I'm wrong, I guess I'll find out in the next chapter. I just want to say this, sometimes a very harsh intervention is needed to save someone from themselves. Like Ronnie himself said, "Ain't no way outta this business once you get in this deep, except through jail or death."

Vita, amazing, simply amazing. With every update the characters become more and more real.

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2007, 04:34:28 pm »

LMAO! I'm lovin' your speculation, Tenshii and Veckah!

And yeah, I'm keeping it real as I know how.Cool

That's why it's so raw and tragic. It mirrors life as I've seen it.

Veckah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2007, 09:48:27 pm »

I just now read your sig. Vita... and yea, I feel it every time I read a new chapter, or go back and read older ones.

Ali Xavier

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2007, 07:16:32 pm »

Got my boy in handcuffs! You keepin' it real alright.

Loved your chapter. One section was kind of a repeat, and the conversation with the dad pushed it a bit, but Ronnie was high and homies do say wild things when they get that way.

The rest TKO'd me. Your photos in general and of poverty and lost hope were so real and sad, like when I moved to Baltimore. You did a good job on Raheem in that pimp scene too. Cheena's lucky they didn't pull a train on her. Some would.

My favorite part was this one. I've read it over and over and over.

I hadn't slipped back into my old ways, but I'd lost hope.

I was a shooting a dice game in an alley when a familiar, deep voice
behind me said, "Your daddy died in this spot."

I turned around and looked at Raheem.

"I know," I said.

I rolled the dice again and won $10.
I'd eat today.

"Come with me," Raheem said.
"You ain't gotta do this."

I followed him out of that alley and never looked back.

As a former member of the Bloods, this is one of the ways it goes down. Glad I'm out, and Mom, I thank you for that. I hope Ronnie gets out too, but we both know a lot of us don't make it.

I chill in Baltimore,
where you need to B-more careful.
LissaS

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2007, 12:41:39 pm »

Man what can I say....... Ronnie was good for awhile and now everything is catching up to him and he can't handle it. Like I said it all starts in the mind which is way it's soooo important to never hold things in cause after awhile it'll all come out and then you step on a land mine cause you can't focus or make good choices cause your mind is soo cluttered from things that you haven't let go or talked out in the past and now you got even more baggage to carry along with that. That's to much on your mind and your mind is the main source that you need to make good choices and be able to think clearly.

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2007, 08:42:29 pm »

Hi Again, Friends and New Readers,

Veckah, Tenshii, Ali, and Moon, thank you for your comments and PMs. I continue to appreciate and treasure them.

Others, thank you for your interest in the story. I know a lot of people follow it because I get sooo many hits whenever I update a chapter. If you've never left a comment, please take a moment to do so. I'd like to know what you think about it. Constructive criticism very welcome. Helps me write better.

New Chapter Update!  Mother's Day Special!
I really tried to get this in early this morning, but it simply wasn't possible.
You'll love it anyway. It's unique, and I mean that.

Catching My Lover When He Falls
[/B]

Enjoy![/SIZE]

::smilieiforgetwhi:: Find All Chapter Updates on Post 1, Page 1, Never the End of this Thread!::smilieiforgetwhi:: [/FONT]
[/B][/COLOR][/I]

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2007, 10:35:01 pm »

Hey guys again,

Apologies to the 40-some regular readers for the many typos and rough spots who read my chapter udate that I posted almost two hours ago. I wanted to get up here before Mother's Day ended, since this is one of main themes in this chapter. Hope it didn't distract too much. :smt120

There was one important sentence I left out that Raheem said regarding why he chose to leave rather than stay in the situation toward the end (I won't give it away here), so just scroll back to this part, if you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't read it at all, don't peek!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:38:14 pm by vita4all » Logged

LissaS

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2007, 03:24:22 pm »

AAAWWWWW Chan po baby, now he all caught up in it trying to help out his best friend/lover. *sigh* Ronnie all screwed up and now Chan is being dragged in all this just for the simple fact that he love em and they best friends. Let's just hope Chan don't accidently step on a land mine cause inoccent people are always the ones that get hurt, but then again he ain't all that inoccent himself. All I know is that's really brave of him to step in but he betta be extra extra careful.......

Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2007, 07:49:44 pm »

From what i'm reading the story is really good, however the only thing is, it takes page one a really long time to load so the page keeps jumping because there is so much in the first post.  I'm really interested in the story, just have to wait for the rest of it to load.  I got my popcorn and water bottle ready!!!!

...enjoying the game.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: