Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 11:56:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Murda/Urban Gangstas - 10/23/2007 - Update - The Road Splits In The Courtroom  (Read 86211 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
icekoolkat

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2007, 10:11:16 pm »

I started reading your story yesterday and finished it just now.  That was including reading it most of the afternoon at work.   What an awesome story.  You know how it is with a good book that you can't put down, well this story was like that for me.  I couldn't wait to get to the next chapter until I reached the latest updated chapter.  You are such an excellent writer, you got deep in some parts and I understood it really well.  It brought me back to my college black history class in some parts.  I have to applaud you on such an insightful story that hits home for many people  including me.  Truly riveting, I can't wait till the next chapter comes, and keep up the great work.
Veckah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2007, 12:42:42 pm »

Wow, just, wow. Happy Mother's Day

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2007, 06:31:43 pm »

Thanks everyone for your comments. I wasn't sure how people would like the Mother's Day chapter at first. I just knew I had to write it. I could feel it in my bones.

Moon - Chan's lesson's from his mother come through clearly. We don't know what problems life will throw at us, or what we'll do, or have to do, to get ourselves and loved ones safely through the land mines.

Cinamun - Sorry your page takes sooo long to load. I put it all on Post 1 so it'll flow better visually. I personally hate searching through many pages on a thread to find chapters. I'm so glad you're taking the time for the story to load.

Icekoolkat - Glad you found the story and that it touches you. I work to balance the adventure and crime drama elements with depth and insight into how and why people do what they do, and reasons are often complex and historical.

Veckah - Heh-heh. Thanks for the Happy Mother's Day wish and your visible support and pleasure of the story.

Ali - Hugs. I'm glad too.

Next chapter will be up in 1 to 3 days - the photos always take longer than the writing as I put a lot of thought into them, and getting the characters to cooperate in group shots is a challenge.

How'd you all like that shark photo? Wasn't it awesome? I laugh everytime I look at it!

Take care everyone, and thanks to all.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
LissaS

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2007, 09:52:30 pm »

Your production shows that your are really working hard on this. And yea I loved ALL the photos and the shark one is brilliant. OH YEA Ricardo is Swexy with his smooth self....MMMM tasty.

Brand Nubian: Queen
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2007, 02:15:02 am »

Whew! Finally got the new chapter ready!
But first, a public thanks to all again who left comments, and the latest are from:

Moon - I agree! My Florida mobster Ricardo did turn out rather handsome... at least until we saw his dark side. Heh-heh. And thanks for the complement on the photo art work!

Diesel - Thanks for sharing your thoughts on those last five chapters. You're a NYC girl, and as a DC girl, I loved that you feel the story exposes "hood politics", and liked my point how life in the hood is so weird, that weird is normal and normal is weird, and a lot of folks don't know anything else - or any better, especially the young ones.

New Chapter Update:
Ch. 69 - Buck Wild And Livin' La Vida Loca
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Would've loved to have had it out two days sooner, but writing this one was like walking on a tightrope, and I had to get it right. Enjoy!

::smilieiforgetwhi:: Find Updated Chapters on Page 1, Post 1, Never The End Of This Thread::smilieiforgetwhi:: [/SIZE][/FONT]

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2007, 07:36:52 am »

:shock:  Ohhh.... Kareem's done it now.  Poor girl.  With NO protection?!  Ohhh.... :sad4:

I remember reading Invisible Man my junior year in high school.  It was a lot of things that went over my head, and even to this day I still don't grasp most of it.  The main thing I did grasp, though, was the fact that people only see what they want to see, not what's actually in front of them.  (Even happens to this very day!)  The narrator didn't even bother to reveal his name since he had come to his own realization that no matter what he did or said, he'd still be "invisible" to everyone else... Pretty deep reading if you ask me.  I just hope I can find it in my room somewhere so I can go back to see what I missed, and hopefully understand it this go around now that I'm a little older.  :angel:

BTW, I enjoyed Chan's adventure to save Ronnie from further trouble.  His mother's words really do show in his actions!  I just hope he can get himself out of the way before the trap closes in on him...  Sad
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:40:43 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

LissaS

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2007, 12:19:04 pm »

AAWWWWW Kareem NOOOO......Man that girl is messed up now. Boi that family sure is wild  although it seems they would rather have it differently.

I didn't read Invisible Man but I'll check it out.

Oh and I like how you added that pic of your son in there that was kool

Brand Nubian: Queen
Veckah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2007, 10:22:28 pm »

I shed a tear at Kareem's.... stupidity...

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2007, 10:54:36 pm »

Veckah, I know it's not funny, but I'm sitting here laughing at your comment.
I probably wouldn't call Kareem's act an act of stupidity. More like selfishness, recklessness, and a lethal form of buckling under peer pressure. In some ways I hate this chapter for it's violence, but so many teens get infected with STDs, including HIV, I thought it appropriate.  

Moon - Yep, that's a buck wild family alright. How does a kid like Che escape this madness? At least he's thinking about it.

Tenshii - Yeah, made me cringe when I wrote it. Having worked with teens and adults, I can honestly say that reckless infections like this happens too often. We'd like to believe that if you're infected, the person who may have infected you had no idea. A small number of people do, but can't overcome their impulsivity. Sometimes it's deliberate. One teenager I knew many years ago had a feeling something wasn't right, and at the last minute told his partner to wear a condom. He was friends with the guy's cousin or something. She told him later he had HIV. He was stunned. This simple act saved him from years of misery and an early death.

Ali Xavier

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2007, 07:56:30 am »

What a brutal chapter. I’ll bet the home invasion scene was terrifying to your readers. And Kareem! Aren’t there any heroes here? It’s too real, but maybe that’s good. I’ll have to think about this.  It shows how being poor or always stressed out from problems contaminates a lot of people. I like the doctors. They balance the bad and confused. By the way, I like the way you altered the photo of me in Che’s art scene.  He found art, I found music. Maybe he’ll find his way out of the crew like I did, and Mom, I’m gonna be mad if you kill him off.

I chill in Baltimore,
where you need to B-more careful.
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2007, 06:34:48 am »

I love your story!! I didn't finish reading it yet, but I'm sure I will by tonight!!!

I used to be Nyxie
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2007, 08:08:42 pm »

Wow, I just kept forgetting to check back and here there's 4 more chapters! haha, that was a good read. Very good chapters, Vita! I won't say much more because everyone else has pretty much commented on everything I wanted to, plus I'm still processing all that and I don't want to lose it.
All I can say is, don't even sweat the few mistakes and grammatical errors, we love your stories, mistakes and all! ^^

Hugs and support - Eve
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2007, 10:15:51 pm »

Hugs to all my readers!

Tenshii, Moon and Veckah - already thanked you three for comments on last chapter. Thanks again, and Veckah, I'm still chuckling at yours :-P . I love folks who speak candidly!

Ali baby, regarding your comment: Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy. - Unknown

NyxMorrighan - Glad you found your way here, and good luck in your own writing!

Elven_Song - Hi! I figured you were bogged down with exams, and I'm glad you didn't read the Mother's Day chapter on Mother's Day. It had a lot of rough spots. I've got to stop rushing! :happy8: But that one was for my late Mom...

Two New Blockbuster Chapters Up!

My Enemy Is My Friend,
and
My Friend Is My Enemy
[/B]

Enjoy!!![/SIZE]
::smilieiforgetwhi:: Find Chapter Udates On Page 1, Post 1, Never The End Of This Thread!::smilieiforgetwhi:: [/FONT]

Veckah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2007, 11:09:44 pm »

*Stands up and cheers* Oh Ronnie I am SOOOOOO proud of you! Once again FEELING it Vita.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2007, 12:52:05 am »

This is getting pretty powerful.  Cheena's getting pulled in deeper, while Ronnie's finally putting his pride aside and asking for the help he really needed.  I'm glad he caught up with Ryder again, and now I'm even more curious as to how Khalil is as a solution to the Juniour Crew and Kareem's problem.  Can't wait to see what happens next!  :angel:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: