Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:08:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Murda/Urban Gangstas - 10/23/2007 - Update - The Road Splits In The Courtroom  (Read 84441 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2007, 09:44:54 pm »

I've finally checked in! ^^ Truthfully, I've been avoiding this story for a little while now just so I could see some of the other's comments. I don't have much of a commenting spirit this week. Well, I can pretty much say that Tenshii is totally right, and I completely agree with her comments, and I'm glad someone is able to think about it more than I can! xD Sorry I can't add my own but I really don't have much to add!
Great parts to that on-going chapter! ^^ And I really loved the little newspaper bit in there (along with the father-son shirts! xD).

Blessings, and can't wait for more story!
Eve
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2007, 05:48:31 pm »

Coffee House Chat Time! :coffee2:

My writing has taken a brief rest the past week and I've and been working on the artwork for the upcoming chapter, and adding a few new photos here and there and brightening up the old ones from back when those skills were limited. New chapters should be up this weekend! Fo' real! :-P

Liv - Welcome to Urban Gangstas! And thanks again for the comment. It is appreciated.

Tenshii - Heh-heh-heh! Don't you wish you knew what was up with Junior! I ain't telling. I appreciated your points about Ronnie trying to free himself from gangsterism and the "color-coded system of stereotypes" like so many of our real life (RL) brothas and sistas, as well as other disadvantaged groups. Indeed, our boys and men are more than fodder for the prison system. A kinder view from all people (even among black folks, because the middle class can be very hard on lower class), and a committment to putting a chicken in every pot and a decent-paying job for all citizens will do much to eliminate crime, as well as child/domestic abuse and mental illness, for they often spring from endless poverty and class-related stress. It's unfortunate that so many jobs in the US disappeared when many factories, and later other work, were outsourced to other countries in the 1980s. This was shortly before the crack and AIDS epidemics, and a slow slide into war which drains the economy of money that could be used for kinder, gentler purposes. But, this ain't paradise... and don't y'all forget it. If it was, we'd all be rich and beautiful with no problems, right?

Elven_Song - Glad you found laughter in the updates, and I see that you and Tenshii are on the same page.

Kevin - I've been making nearly all the outfits for the adult and teen males since the middle of the story, as well as the wall-hangings or art work. I've done minimal meshing, but by and large, they're recolorations. Glad you're finding the humor in the story! You mentioned laughing at the fruity-colored silly prison uniforms. Indeed, I made them intentionally ridiculous.

Kevin, I think my new photo (Ch. 27, and similar but more artsy than the one in Ch. 65) you're using as a screensaver is pretty cool too and I'm honored that you're using it.

For those who don't know how to do this:

1. Right click on a photo and scroll down to Copy. Save this photo to whatever subfolder your computer folder titled "My Pictures".
2. Minimize all of your open windows so all you see is your desktop on your monitor. Right click on your mouse, scroll down to Properties.
3. Click on the tab, Desktop. Then click on Browse, until you find whatever photo you want.
4. You'll see the word, Position, under the button that says Browse. A normal size photo (800x 600) can fill up the entire screen. A smaller photo will not. So select either Stretch or Center (ideal for smaller pics). I don't use Tile myself, but it's an option too.
4A) You can also change the color of your monitor's background by clicking on the 'Color' button under Position. I forgot how to change the color of the fonts, so PM me if you remember that.
5. Then click okay, and the photo will show up on your desktop.

Hugs to all, Vita

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Ali Xavier

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2007, 10:49:22 pm »

I see you're operating on CP Time again! Grrrrr! :rr:

Okay - I'm all caught up with the story now. It's great. Update soon before you run out of coffee.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:56:18 am by Ali Xavier » Logged

I chill in Baltimore,
where you need to B-more careful.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2007, 09:32:06 pm »

Heheh... it's been a minute hasn't it?  You know what that means.  :lol:  We'd better buckle our seat belts in time for the next update!  :smile bi:

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2007, 09:08:52 pm »

:coffee2:

Announcement - The next update will be in the middle or end of next week. I've taken a break to give attention to my website and to do some research for upcoming chapters. If you'd like see some of my other stories or cartoons while you wait, surf over to http://gangstersims.com. Two stories there will be updated Friday or Saturday, and the photos in Message In A Nightmare are amazing. Let me know how you like my other stuff. Until next week, take care and hugs.

- Vita :-P

ryannrules86

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2007, 10:13:14 pm »

Vita I got it! thx to you cause I am stupid and don't have a clue what I am doing half of the time.(Go figure) Your story is amazing! I love what I read of it. I should go over to my friends more to read the rest. I love Ronnie! he is my favorite character For sure!

Sims Addict
Liv

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2007, 04:27:26 pm »

Just stopping by to catch up, made it to Ch. 38.  It's getting pretty deep.  Great job!

1ST Mr./Miss Multitalent with Midori Emerson . 1ST Real World Skkylar Emerson . 1ST Married by Simmerica- Jason and Darla Miller . 1ST Bachelor Malibu- Roshanda Gardner

My Sims

Chapters 1 and 2 Available Now!
apstar

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2007, 03:05:11 pm »

Jus read the story.... and tryna catch up on the rest ..... its really good, im luvin it....
I wanted to know where you got all the clothing for the characters? especially Raheem, they look fab !!!!
LissaS

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2007, 03:44:21 pm »

LOL I was on your website so I could read the story and I was looking at all the new pics and read some things you added. I think it was chapter 33? When Ronnie comes back from the strip club and Raven isn't in the mood to do anything THAT WAS HILARIOUS! I'm still laughing at that!. I love the new pics of Cheena and Chilli, but unfortunatly I wasn't able to get through the rest and the updates I missed due to my computer catching a virus. Again it shut down on me when I was getting to the good part and was getting into the pics. I wanna see what Kevinlipimp is talking about and everybody else. It's ok though I'll catch up as soon as I can. My laptop should be here in another week or so. I hate being left behind. I can't WAIT to read your up dates!! I'm hating this computer right now

OH and I LOVE your cartoons on your website, it's hilarious!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 03:46:55 pm by Moon22T » Logged

Brand Nubian: Queen
antitheftmilk

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2007, 01:09:08 am »

Love the new stuff. I can't wait to see how it all ends up!

Heh, if I was with a guy and he tried some of that "me-man, me-in-charge" stuff Junior is pulling off..well, he wouldn't be a man for much longer. LOL

Love it, and looking forward to more!

What was it like to see
The face of your own stability
Suddenly look away
Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?
antitheftmilk

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2007, 12:52:35 am »

Ahhh!!!!! Cliffhanger!!!! Heh. Can't wait to find out the ending of this!!

*sends caffeine and cigs your way*

It works for me, LOL.

What was it like to see
The face of your own stability
Suddenly look away
Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2007, 06:03:59 am »

Finally - The update is here!

Call it ADD, call it CP Time, call it whatever... but finally I got it together. One issue, for those who are curious, is that I'd written a lot. Intuitively, it didn't feel right. I also needed to make a major decision about one of the characters, which you'll read about this month. I take a lot of risks as a writer and generally trust my instincts. I scrapped it and played a bit with a couple contests while ideas simmered in the back of my mind. Throw in a little fairly serious real life drama, and it was the summer of distraction.

A technical issue that affects many of you (and me) was that the story loaded slowly or not at all, and it became nearly impossible for me to edit it due to a combination of server issues here and this thread becoming too image heavy with photos. You'll see how I resolved this on Post 1, and I hope it works.

Also, although I've PM'd everyone immediately who left a comment on this thread since my last update on July 5th, I'd like to thank them publicly again: Tenshii, Vecka, Moon, Kevinlipimp, Antitheftmilk, Icekoolkat, Liv, ElvenSong, Ryannrules, Apstar, and my son, Ali.  Your feedback is deeply appreciated. I'm still chuckling at what one of you said in a recent PM:

"He's a bastard, they all are and I love it. I am waiting for the end of the story. Please don't stop now!!"

Yes they are, and no, I won't. Murda/ Urban Gangstas will probably keep you entertained until the holidays! :-P

Lastly, one person asked about outfits. I PM'd him back, but I'll let you all know that in the later chapters, I made (recolored) most of the SBB and some of the TM outfits for the story.

Update!

Freedom Ain't Free - Part 8: Chan[/I]

::smilieiforgetwhi:: Find this and the earlier parts of Ch. 73 on Post #1 .::smilieiforgetwhi::
[/B]
[/FONT]

8374 as of 7/05/2007
10,383 as of right now.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: September 02, 2007, 07:14:51 am »

Yay!!  :dance:  Glad you were finally able to get your pics together!  :smile bi:

Poor Chan.  It's kinda sad he had to bail out on both his friend and his lover just to save his own butt.  Well... to tell the truth, if I were in a situation like that, I'd probably do the same.  It is a bit risky when dealing with a person like Raheem.  That man seems to have access to everything.  :lol:

And I like that last shot in Part 8.  It's like Chan threw himself to the sharks... literally.  Wonder how much deeper the guy can get.  :happy8:

Looking forward to the next update!  :angel:

Veckah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: September 02, 2007, 05:11:54 pm »

YEA! Vita is back!

*sigh* Poor Chan, from the wolves to the sharks. *shakes head* The price paid for loving a criminal is becoming one yourself if you want to or not. May the powers that be watch over him, but I have a bad feeling about this.

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2007, 06:56:20 pm »

Heh-heh-heh, Veckah. So often, so true... even you, Tenshii, say you'd probably do the same. Glad you enjoyed it. Another one tomorrow. Thanks for the comments.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: