Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:39:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: organization request  (Read 2396 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ramseyazad

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2006, 02:04:30 pm »

I'm not sure exactly how much work it would entail (I could only volunteer if I knew) but it would be great to see a forum thread with the clothes organized by size and type, which would make it a lot nicer for finding, say, a swimsuit for a millaJ sim, or some underwear for a 36C-28-38 sim, etc.  Even if it there were just a separate thread for each bodyshape, it'd make keeping things organized a lot easier on everyone, especially since we don't all use the same shape.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 02:10:41 pm »

Exactly what I have planned, once I get the DDD set done... I will repost everything, with the latest versions of all meshes and outfits for each top size, all in one post per size.  I haven't worked out the details yet, but it has definitely been something I am thinking about.

I think the way I'll do it is, there will be a post called "34D Bodyshape Collection", which will have all the Top Separates and Full-body outfits for the 34D Nat & Enh sizes, broken down by hip size.  A lot of it will depend on how big the files get, since each archive can only be 10mb, but I'll organize it as best as I can.

Suggestions are welcome, of course... Smiley

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 02:28:50 pm »

I just did some folder reorganization on my Workshop PC, and I found that, for example, the 34D-32 full-body clothing, both Nat and Enh, are just over 14mb uncompressed... so if I .rar them up, they should fall well below the 10mb limit.  So I think that's probably the way to go.

So for the 34D set, for example, you'll have the following files:
34D Top Separates
34D-32 Full-Body
34D-34 Full-Body
34D-36 Full-Body
34D-38 Full-Body
34D-40 Full-Body

Then in a separate Bottom Separates post, I'll have:
32 Bottom Separates
34 Bottom Separates
36 Bottom Separates
38 Bottom Separates
40 Bottom Separates

Teen stuff will get it's own posts, I think, broken down the same way for Top sizes and Bottom Separates.

I think the Nude stuff is fine the way it is now over at the Adult site, all in one place... there's only a few files for each size, and they're not that big... plus it helps eliminate missing meshes if they just dump the whole set in.

Wow, I just looked... my 34D folder alone has 182 files, including the clothing and meshes... that's without any Nude stuff or skintones... and no fan-made stuff... :goofy: :smt120 :smt119 :doh: :laugh:

All total right now, before the DDD's are done, I have 1399 files totalling 599mb in my Hi-Res set... good lord, I've been busy...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 02:35:59 pm by Warlokk » Logged

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:08:26 pm »

You have been busy and if it weren't for the fierce avatar I could swear you were an industrius and generous elf stuffing our downloads folders with all kinds of goodies.  Cheesy

Ten mb would take me an hour and a half to download.  Dial-up rots, but it's affordable.  Luckily, I've got most of what I want already, but if I lost something or decided I needed (yes, needed) another size, a big download would be rough.  If there's any way you could keep the file sizes smaller, say around 6 mbs, those of us who are not high-tech would truly appreciate it.  However, it's not critical.  I can always download and walk away (and not get calls, I actually like that).
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 08:44:53 pm »

Well, I just tried to create a One-Stop Shop Mega-Post, and well, it failed.  I spent an hour uploading files, and after I got 19 uploads posted, I tried to load the 20th, and it just erased them all... I think it has a limit per-post.  That being the case, there's really not much I can do, even a new set of posts would still be spread across a whole bunch of threads, and I frankly don't feel like spending hours uploading files that are already here.  Sorry folks.  There's just too much stuff to post all in one thread.  57 files, 182MB... can't say I'm surprised.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: