Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:34:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Dreams: The Present Day - Project Abandoned (lack of interest)  (Read 15297 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 03:15:08 pm »

Wow, I thought this had died! :oogle: Oh well. I'm tempted to re-write the next chapter, we'll see how it goes. It'll take my mind off my other story for a while anyway ^_^

No requests please
Stonelily237

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 09:23:33 pm »

I'm surprised you added on to this magnificent story, and glad, too! More, please!

The Lurking Story Critic
:lurk:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 07:45:07 pm »

Oh well, since you put it that way... Cheesy

There's spoilers galore dotted about the site, but in case you haven't seen them I'm not about to say where they are Wink Not so many pics to this one, but should keep you going nonetheless ^_^

This is how supportive Mum and Marco are; when I tell them about the news they offer to finance the wedding... don't get the wrong idea though. Their idea of funding, even planning it, isn't what you might think – put it this way, when they put forward their proposition I get a shock of my own.

“Did you have an idea of when?” she asks after the excitement both ends die down.
   “I only asked last night!” I splutter in surprise that she'd ask so soon.
   “Well, I'm asking because... well, we got engaged a few days ago, and with Valentine's Day several months away...”
   Now it's my turn to pick up my jaw from the floor. There's more to come though.
   “If you like we could make it a double wedding, what do you think?”
   What do I say first, congratulations or yes?!

“Hey Evan, it's me. You can probably guess what I'll say but here it comes anyway; you do know there's more to marriage than an extended “I love you,” right? I can't justify Mum's behaviour any more than you enjoy receiving it, but you need a better reason to bind yourself to this girl for the rest of eternity than the hope of getting him back. As much as you're twenty years old and she's a few centuries old, as far as the outside world is concerned you're still fifteen/seventeen. Even when you're married you won't be taken as seriously as Lucy and I, think very hard about that okay?

I'm not telling you not to go ahead and ask though, far from it, but you've got to really, truly want it. If Mum was still talking to you would you still want to do this? If people did treat you both as adults would you still propose? If you can answer yes to both then great, go for it. Just remember though, you can say you're twenty until you're blue in the face, but you're not an adult, and as long as you stay a vampire you never will be. You've said yourself you don't feel different. You're still a teenage boy in every sense of the word, and like it or not that is a real issue. The date on your birth certificate will allow you to marry, but how much longer can you endure the woes of adolescence? Remember what Joe went through? You'll still have that when you're technically into your fifties. Vampirism really isn't for anyone younger than twenty one for this very reason.

Good luck whatever happens anyway; we've all tried to talk Mum round to contacting you but so far no go. Maybe if I'm crafty I can get him on here, we'll see.

Ciao – Carlos xx
___

“Wise words from a wise man... I'll forgive him this once for reminding me of the fun I had when I was your age, but he's right. I won't warn you against marriage as he did though – to be honest, from what Marco tells me it was only a matter of time, obviously big brother hasn't heard that part. Still, you remember my two boys, Chris and Andy? You're so right about time flying by – they're about your age now! I'll have to get them on here sometime, even if it's just to talk over their school problems. I've tried, but despite having had it myself it doesn't seem to help. Be careful with those family privileges though; not so much with Chris, but Andy's as bad as his Mum! Or Marco, or Jeanette, or Karl... how'd we end up with so many family jesters, eh? Oh well, see you tonight – good luck with Emily!

Hugs and kisses,

Joe”

Nice to know some of my family care. In fact the comments that follow are from envious kids wishing they had brothers like those two green guys. It's times like this I believe in fate; Dad may say Joe and his twin Diana were an accident, but I've been hard pressed to find anyone as caring, and just plain nice as Joe. I don't know what his sister's like, but he is the epitome of the term “happy accident”. If his two boys are even remotely like him I can't wait to meet them, or at least hear from them. In the meantime there's dinner to contend with. I find various ways to take my mind off whatever nightmarish scenes I'll face, but tonight it's being the bearer of good news for a change. What further cheers me up is the letter I got earlier saying this private school is holding night-time hours!

I send off the slip to say I'll be attending with a dry smile. Should come into effect by tomorrow – I put the kids' names forwards for it too, so we don't have to worry about sitters while we're at school. It'll feel strange going back there though, not to mention feeding in my school uniform! Tonight's the last time I get to attend dinner in my everyday clothes – make the most of it Evan.

“We're gonna kill this guy!”
“No place for fags in this city, we're on a clean-up mission!”

It's one of those? Give me a break...
Who exactly deserves to die around here?!” I snarl at the man slumped in my arms, “Whatever happened to “live and let live?”” So saying I smile at the irony as I break his neck, before eyeing the bruised and bloody heap on the ground a little way off.

Joe's first reaction as he goes over to investigate is to heave a big sigh of relief.
“Thank God,” Giana remarks as she joins him, “So who is this guy?”
“Who did you think it was?” I ask in curiosity as I go over.
“All the while that scuffle was going on,” she replies as he examines the fallen body, “we were hoping it wasn't either of our sons there.”
“Oh, are they both gay?” I check casually, to which she nods as Mum joins us.
“Yes,” Joe adds, “Chris has brown hair too, but this is a fully grown man... damn, what a mess.” He starts to search in his pockets as he mutters to himself. “Come on Mister, give us a sign... who are you?”
On producing a wallet from the man's pocket and studying it, his expression suddenly changes. Rich green tears begin to trickle down his cheeks as he says but three words.
“Oh my God...”
“What?” I ask, “Who is it?”
“Joe?” Mum asks, to which he passes her the wallet as his jaw trembles.
“I couldn't even recognise him!” he wails as his wife slips an arm round his shoulders.
Mum gives a gasp and a similar cry to Joe, but thankfully it's joined by another word as she also becomes upset.
“Gino??”
I stare back at her and Joe as I make a connection with the name and their distress.
“Gino as in, big brother Gino who was best man at your wedding?!” I check with Joe, feeling a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
“The same,” he grimly replies as he scoops him up in his arms, “We need to get him to hospital yesterday!”

I might not know the guy too well, but something about him being my brother keeps me from sloping back home - I want to make sure he's going to be alright before I head off. As it is we have to wait around at hospital while he's rushed into theatre, and all we can do is hope he makes it out the other side.
“How did it go with Emily?”
I look back at Joe in mild surprise. I was holding back on the news for a reason, but it seems he wants to take his mind off what's happening behind those double doors.
“She said yes,” I reply, allowing a smile to flicker across my lips.
“Congratulations,” he smiles back, but it's forced.
“What are you fighting for?” I prompt him, “He's our brother for God's sake, you're allowed to cry you know!”
“I know,” he whimpers, “But when I start I can't stop...”
Saved by the bell, or rather swing of the doors and rattling of the bed wheels, prompting all four of us to rise from our seats.
“Will he be okay?” Mum asks.
“He'll be fine,” the doctor says, “He just needs to spend some time in the recovery room before you can see him.”
“How long will that be?”
“Give it a couple of hours, maybe more,” comes the vague reply, “I can't say any more than that I'm afraid.”
“Okay, thanks,” she says, before looking back at me. “Didn't you say you've started back at school?”
“I start tomorrow night,” I reply, “Just as well huh?”
“Look,” Giana pipes up, “We can't do anything here, how about we get a drink while we wait?”
We all decide it's a good idea and head off. I don't enjoy it though, my mind is too busy tormenting me with flashbacks of those guys and images of how Gino must look by now. I wish it wouldn't; with the pounding he was getting earlier it can't be a pretty sight. All it's doing for me right now though, is strengthening my so-called stubborn refusal to rid myself of vampirism – I just helped save my brother's life tonight. No way would I be able to do that if I was mortal... in fact with monsters like that out there I could end up being a target myself – I may be straight, but I've already been mistaken for different simply because of the way I look. What with Joe's sons now perhaps being vulnerable, I'll be damned if I'm letting myself go that way too for the sake of getting older – that's if I'd be given the chance to age.

No requests please
Stonelily237

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 07:08:54 pm »

Woah. Poor guy.

The Lurking Story Critic
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007, 01:19:21 pm »

This story is sweet! I usually don't read Sim stories, but this one is really cool.
Thank you so much for posting it Smiley

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
Stonelily237

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 09:24:18 am »

Seriously, eh? It really is fantastic.

The Lurking Story Critic
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2007, 08:34:14 pm »

Aw, thanks Cheesy I'll have to get back into this at some point, I've been so absorbed in this other story I'm writing. Advance warning though, I've changed skins since some older story pics were taken, so there might be a mix of pictures, depending what ones I'll need Smiley

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 02:26:47 pm »

Finally, another update! Cheesy Hopefully one of the pics isn't too racy, it's originally from my adult story so I've already had to censor it. Hope that's enough Smiley

Thankfully now we're allowed to see him, but whether or not that's such a good thing I have yet to decide – he's such a pitiful sight to behold, not just physically but mentally too. Despite being told to not talk and save his energy, he keeps looking about himself and calling out for us.

“Get some rest,” Mum tells him, “We'll be back tomorrow night, okay?”
“No, please, don't leave me here alone...”
I make hastily for the exit as my heart breaks, tears stinging my eyes. Shortly after a green hand rests on my shoulder, and I end up with my head buried into Joe's chest. I never did think much of hateful people like that, never saw the point of being that way, now it just makes me sick. In fact it's times like this that make me grateful I'm no longer human.

Tap tap tap.
“Dad?”
I suppress a groan as I wake to tend my children's needs, going about the daily routine by now I'm used to but in a daze, my mind still spinning from the night before and contemplating how I'll face school tonight. In the meantime there's the forum to check – there's a new face on there (calls himself "Fearsome Pussycat" for some reason!), and from the sounds of things he's one to keep an eye on.

Quote from: Fearsome Pussycat

A step in the wrong direction

Hi, it's me again. I'm really not sure where to post this, seeing as the only adult forum's for parents and that's the last place I need to be; yes I'm fifteen, but you can probably guess by now this isn't your average teen problem. I'm also hesitant to post after the flaming I got last time - yes it's sick, I know that already thanks very much. In fact that's the problem... you thought I was sick before? You're in for the shock of your life then – better leave this to the stronger stomached guys, this is gonna get very dodgy...

Yes, it's about him again. I got attacked on here for even mentioning I had feelings for him... this is meant to be the place we all offload, we're all in the same boat, so you guys promise me you'll keep your hateful opinions to yourself this time? You know what it's like keeping these kind of things to yourself; if I don't say something somewhere I'll lose what little sanity I have left. *deep breath* Okay, here we go...

I don't know how or why it happened, but it's not just feelings anymore – things have got physical. We had our first kiss together and even made out in the shower – we got this close to sleeping together. What stopped us going further was me, I faltered at the last minute and have felt so guilty ever since for even letting it get that far. The trouble is, although I know in reality it's wrong, disgusting and everything else I've been called already, I still love him. Not even in the way I should love him, but in that way you'd love your boyfriend or girlfriend.

I feel as though I'm split down the middle, my heart in the red corner and my mind in the blue. Both are shouting different things at me and it's hard to know what to do for the best – he asked me earlier “who else is there” and that's the main problem we both face. Everyone else is an a***hole, and even if they weren't they're all straight. We're getting s*** at school for being gay, the only ones helping us out are our cousins. We have no friends outside our now huge family, we've no one to turn to but each other. No one else wants the love we have to give, and there's no one else we even want to give it to. But it's so wrong! I really don't know how long I can stay on the right path, I'm really worried that sooner or later we'll cross the point of no return, and I know when that happens we'll be in a situation I don't even want to think about right now.

I'm going out of my mind, I don't know what to do. I'm not expecting anyone to know what to say, but as long as it's not the response I got last time I'll be happy, at least on here.

Ah yes, I remember that well, sadly. Things got really ugly in that other thread he started; I felt so sorry for him. He got flamed to hell before I had a chance to intervene, but this time there's no extra posts. Move in now!

Quote from: Evan

Hey there Pussycat – my apologies for not being able to get to your last thread before all hell broke loose. I've slapped a lot of wrists and issued warnings where necessary, you should have no reason to fear posting your feelings on here – that's why I started this in the first place after all. If anyone kicks off again they'll have me to deal with – PM me if you get any more trouble, okay?

Back on topic: I don't know what people are gonna think of me for saying this, but I don't care; sometimes you just need to follow your heart and sod everyone else. I realise you're in an awkward position, what with living at home and your parents being vampires, but worst of all is the other guy you're living with – I can't elaborate much on a teen forum but you know who I mean. You remind me of one of my half-brothers in fact, big heart but big mind too – that's nasty; I've seen what it did to him and I really hope you don't fall into that trap yourself. Hopefully I can help, but I can only do that if you'll listen.

You liken your battle with your conscience to a boxing ring. Which corner are you speaking from? If it's the blue you're fighting a losing battle – the heart is the more powerful of the two, I speak from experience. You're trying so hard to do what's right, and I admire you for that, but it sounds like you're suffering for it badly. Is it worth it? Besides, you're hurting two people aren't you, if you think of it that way.

If you want my personal opinion though, I don't see anything wrong with it at all, sounds like a natural reaction to me. I wouldn't do it myself, but then I have more choice, yet I'm walking proof that even a complete stranger can get you into trouble. It's a no-win situation really; whoever you go with you're going to risk something. Hope this helps anyway, best of luck xxx BTW, love your avatar, fits your nickname so well Cheesy What made you come up with it, just out of interest?

@Everyone else: Gonna call me sick now? Seriously, if I see anyone causing this poor guy any more grief there'll be hell to pay. He's here the same reason you are, he needs help the same as everyone else here. If he wanted to be judged he could talk to one of his “friends” at school – that's not what this place is for. Give the guy a break, if you don't like what he has to say just leave. I've already issued warnings, don't make me start banning people.

If that doesn't do it nothing will. I can't help but wonder however, just how many of those people are the kids he's been having problems with... who knows. Damn yeah, that reminds me, I start back at school tonight! That'll be interesting, wonder what kind of people attend nowadays... if it's the same one this “Fearsome Pussycat” goes to I'm in for a barrel of laughs.

Just my luck; first night back at school and we have PE lessons. Trying to slow down my pace so the others can keep up is a nightmare – we're predators, we naturally move faster than humans, but that doesn't help when you're trying to play a fair football match.
“I can't help it!” I tell the teacher as he stops the match again.
“You're going to have to try,” he replies, “You're the only vampire on the pitch.”
“Lucky me,” I scowl in response, idly sweeping my leg across to kick the ball away before walking down the pitch.
“Alright, that'll do,” he declares after a little while.
Thank God for that. Maybe I should ask to skip PE in future, if I'm going to have this every time. It's not even as though there's enough for vampire-only classes, although there are a fair few green lads among this crowd.

It's not due to expending my energy that drives me to the shower, just the enjoyable feeling of the warm water cascading down my body, my eyes closing in contentment as I allow some to splash upon my face. An angry banter not far away springs my eyes back open as I look in the direction of the commotion.
“Hey gay boy, keep your eyes to yourself!”
My eyes narrow at the reference, and find myself struggling to contain the flashbacks now plaguing my mind as my eyes lock onto the target, a big built lad who looks as though he's been working out for a while. I can only tell it's him when he replies with an equally scathing remark.
“I wasn't looking at you smart-a***!”
That-a boy, you tell 'em!
As he approaches my side however, my mental nose sniffs out an aura of sadness, although for now I can't pinpoint the cause – it seems there's some shroud over his thoughts, as though he's used to the company of vampires. Still, he needs to know someone's on his side at least.

“Don't let them get to you,” I reassure him, “Just 'cause you fancy guys instead of girls, that doesn't make you any less of a person.”
“I know,” comes the soft reply, “I try not to, but it's hard...”
“Yeah, I can imagine,” I say as I scrub at my face.
We shower in silence for a spell, but what he says next takes me by surprise.
“You have a brother called Joe?”
My head jerks in his direction as my ears are alerted to the sound of his name.
“Half brother,” I frown in reply, “Why?”
“I'm one of his sons.”
“Whoa!” I exclaim happily, my heart racing with excitement at finally coming face to face with one of his boys, and a chance to see for myself what they're really like. “Chris?” I check, noting his brown hair, although the other might be the same colour so I hastily check myself.
“No, it is Chris,” he smiles in reply, “Andy's green.”
“Ah, okay,” I acknowledge. That narrows it down for sure, although I wasn't expecting either of his two to be so... big. I'll be honest, if I was human he'd scare me.
“Did you p*** him off?” he suddenly asks.
Wow, this kid has a good memory... wasn't he just out of nappies when I turned up that night?
“That's a very long story,” I tell him carefully, “It's also the least of my problems right now,” I finish with a sullen manner.
At this his mood also falls, but what he says takes me by surprise at first.
“Yeah, I know. I heard what happened to your brother... I'm sorry.”
My head slowly turns in his direction, feeling a pang of sadness but also curiosity. “We didn't get back 'til gone four in the morning,” I find myself asking, “How the hell do you know what happened?”
He could well have found his Dad the next day before he got to bed, but given what state the poor guy was in I doubt that very much – when Joe said once he starts he can't stop, he plainly wasn't kidding. After crying that much he'd have wanted to hit his coffin at the first sign of daybreak.
“I couldn't sleep,” he says, “I was up all night stargazing, in fact that's when I saw them fly back home.”
“I see,” I reply, returning to my cleansing and thinking no more of it. That sadness I picked up from him must have been to do with Gino – if a member of my family came back in the state Joe was in last night I'd be shaken too, to say nothing of hearing that people are out witch hunting now. If I was gay and human I'd be petrified; Chris may be able to look after himself, but he's only a kid – those guys we fed on last night were grown men. He wouldn't last five minutes no matter how well a fight he can put up.

We arrange for him and his twin Andy to come home with Emily and I – there's much to talk about it seems. Just looking at them though it's hard to believe they're brothers, let alone twins.

After a scene in the changing room – again to do with them preferring guys! - I can't leave school fast enough. I'm already regretting going back tonight, although I quickly brush that thought aside when considering the fact that I wouldn't have come across the twins if I hadn't. All I can do now is wipe last night from my mind for now and look forward to a family gathering in the comfort of our home.

I had it all nicely laid out in OpenOffice with the forum posts looking like forum posts, avatars and all. What a shame HTML's been turned off, I was hoping to apply it to the post Sad

No requests please
Stonelily237

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2007, 06:32:18 pm »

Hooray for updates! Smiley

The Lurking Story Critic
Stonelily237

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 10:16:33 pm »

Bump. Sad

The Lurking Story Critic
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2007, 07:58:08 am »

That's why I'm not bothering to update anymore. Sorry to anyone who has been enjoying this, but there's not been enough interest overall for me to continue.

No requests please
sjam

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2007, 08:41:09 am »

Sad Oh...that's really sad - this is really good!

'There's no difference between stupid and charming with you, is there?'

See my simmie guys and gals here!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: