Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:41:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Michelle's Story *Warning*  (Read 8903 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cinamun

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2007, 03:29:18 am »

This is the story of Michelle.  Michelle was in a women's group for Domestic Violence survivors.  I am a domestic violence advocate and I was asked to produce a video for members of my group.  I chose to use the Sims.

This video contains images of domestic violence.  This video may not be suitable for those not familiar with this epidemic. Please be advised of this warning before you click the play button. This is my first sims video ever, and it holds a special place in my heart.

Thank you..

(turn on your speakers)

This is Michelle's Story...

http://www.youtube.com/v/8GPBh5CCCAQ">http://www.youtube.com/v/8GPBh5CCCAQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

(Credits due to Beosboxboy's bodybuilder mesh, Squinges Hula and more Hack and guns camera mod without these I couldnt tell Michelle's story)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 04:41:00 am by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
Blackgemini73

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 05:06:10 am »

wow..deep for a first vid, but not bad.. not bad at all
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 05:09:31 am »

Thank you Smiley Just gotta practice that camera work more LOL
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 05:15:59 am by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 07:09:28 am »

Quote from: Blackgemini73;527069
wow..deep for a first vid, but not bad.. not bad at all
I second this
Ninja

:)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 07:31:21 am »

I'd watch it but my comp is too slow. When I get broadband I'll watch it Smiley

My signature is waaaaay better than your signature!
Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 07:35:01 am »

that was really moving..you done a great job.

Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:20:21 pm »

Thank you guys very much.

...enjoying the game.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 01:01:48 pm »

A great video, and the choice of Etta James was brilliant!  

It's my understanding that many women who suffer abuse and don't take steps to escape from it are in effect brainwashed to believe they must suffer the abuse to fully receive their man's love and show their own. "At Last" in my opinion speaks what these women have been led to believe.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 01:19:34 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;527451
A great video, and the choice of Etta James was brilliant!  

It's my understanding that many women who suffer abuse and don't take steps to escape from it are in effect brainwashed to believe they must suffer the abuse to fully receive their man's love and show their own. "At Last" in my opinion speaks what these women have been led to believe.

Thank you so much for that, this is what I was thinking in choosing that song. At first I wasnt going to use that song... The song is mainly used for "happy moments" in movies and television, but I wanted to spin it for many reasons including the one you've mentioned.

I appreciate that, thank you.

...enjoying the game.
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 05:31:08 pm »

The song works very well in it. Nicely done Smiley My friends mum suffered from domestic abuse....I just dont understand it..why?! Its good that there are people like you out there who can make them realise that they do not have to put up with it and help them escape it.

xx

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 06:41:20 pm »

Very thouching indeed. I'll send a prayer for Michelle tonight. May sound finny, but I felt a special "connection" since we share the same name.

Very good movie. The camera work could be maybe better, but that's not whats important in this movie, i only noticed it watching it the second time.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 07:38:23 pm »

Incredible feedback, thank you both VERY much.

...enjoying the game.
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 02:29:51 pm »

Cinnamun... I have to say that ask a former vitcim of Demostic Violence this was very moving to me. I have been in Michelle's shoes, and countless times was almost was killed by my x. It is important to get the message out to women that this is not normal, and they do not have to take it. We have to use whatever tools we have for getting this message out. The sims, support groups, movies, whatever we have to. No woman should have to suffer it, but so many do. I applaud you for the work you do in real life and for making this movie. It was deep, and I love the play on the song. I can tell you that watching it I noticed no issues with the movie making. All I saw was a moving piece that was deep and truthful. Again great work both with the movie and in your life. If you ever need any help with further projects, or some CC made for more movies please feel free to contact  me here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 02:49:11 pm »

wow serafina... i'm so happy for you. you're a very strong woman. Smiley

and cinnamun i thought the choice of song really did it for me. i mean, it was so ironic and exactly what the girl must've felt that at last her love has come along... but life isnt gonna be like a song... Sad

anyway, i'm so glad that you're doing someething you believe in and for a good cause.

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 06:51:39 pm »

I've gotten chills just now reading both of your posts, Serafina thank you so much, you dear, are as strong as they come.  I had reservations making this movie to the point that it hurt to make it.  I didnt want to finish it let alone post it.  Its so familiar to me.  It was very difficult to do.  I am really thankful though that you all appreciate the message its sending.

Thank you so much.

I put it on sims99 and got some not so great feedback LOL but hey, its my first video there will be more to come, thanks again you guys.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 06:57:55 pm by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: