Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 11:23:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my sim can't get a job-game crashes  (Read 3598 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nocturna76

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2007, 02:05:47 am »

ok, now yesterday, i had no problem like this at all...the ONLY thing i've changed was deleting a couple of custom outfits from the CAS screen, & deleting 1 of my mp3s...which have absolutely nothing to do with careers!

but NOW, i tried 4 times to do this, 2ce with the insiminator career adjustor, 1ce with the newspaper, & 1ce with the computer...every time, the same thing happened:

i pick a job for my sim, i click take job, & then when i'm waiting for the 'congratulations..your carpool..' msg, the game crashes!

wtf? is all i can say...someone please tell me if they had this problem, & how i can possibly fix it...thanx in advance
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 03:36:41 am »

Take a look at this post.  While the reason for the crash is different, the way to find the problem files is the same way.  

When was the last time you had a sim get a job?  Unless you are starting new sims every day, I'm guessing you added some mods between the last time they took a job and when you noticed the problem.

I do remember this happening to me once, but only for one career field.  Unfortunately it was so long ago I don't recall what I had to do to fix it.  But the first step would be to check for conflicts.
nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:00:51 am »

the day before this, i made a character & got her a job just fine, went back to that character & got her cat a job too, tonite...after that all worked the way it's supposed to, i then went from that house, made a new character, moved her in, tried to get her a job, then this crash stuff happened, i added no mods at all between going from yesterday's character to the 1 i made tonite, which is why i'm so confused....

however, as an update, i made a new character again, after the one with the job-crash problem, and had no trouble with getting this new one a job at all...anyway, the only way i managed to "fix" the crashy character was a very roundabout method that was only made possible by the insimenator:

i went to a townie's house, turned it into a business, used the summoner to round up my crashy character, used the relations adjuster to make them friends, & then had the townie hire her *L* it didn't exactly fix the problem, but at least she has a job now *L*
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 05:48:35 pm »

What was the sim wearing? the old "dress as top" custom mesh usually caused the game to crash when a sim wearing one tried getting a job

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:42:29 pm »

omg...seriously? that's crazy, but that is actually what she was wearing! *L* i can't believe clothing would do that, but thank you so much for letting me know, at least now i know that my game wasn't just having *another* meltdown all on its own...thank you so much!
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 09:26:10 am »

your welcome Smiley

you should check mts2 for a updated version of that mesh if you plan to keep using it, I think it got fixed...but I'm not positive *dosen't use it*

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: