Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:21:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: my water and CAS screen are flashing red!?!?  (Read 5685 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kittycataussie

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2007, 10:18:45 pm »

My hot tub water was red the last time I played. My landscape water is usually flashing red as well. Now my CAS screen is the same flashing red. What is the matter??? Please help me if you can. :smt120 :smt120 :smt120  I'm going stir crazy!

How I feel like a cat in a burlap sac some times. Don't forget to be cheerfully Eeyore blue!:study:
Vannfam1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 10:20:22 pm »

I think you need to update you graphics card or something, lol. I'm not a computer genius so I don't know, but I'm guessing that's the problem

I wish my shirts were suicidal so they would hang themselves:wav:
Silvershimmer, just so I don't have to keep on replying to your thread, here is my playlist Tongue
Kittycataussie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 12:12:14 am »

my dad says that I can't upgrade my graphics card, but if I could he said it probably wouldn't make a difference. my hot tub water was fine until I put one on a community lot.

How I feel like a cat in a burlap sac some times. Don't forget to be cheerfully Eeyore blue!:study:
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 04:58:16 am »

Well you should remove anything you have added since the problem started.

Updating your video card's drivers may also help

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 09:09:11 am »

Did you update the video drivers (not the card) or your DirectX files?  Usually that will fix the problem.

Kittycataussie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 10:24:31 pm »

how do I update DirectX? My dad says I can't update the driver.

Now I realised that ALL of my walls are flashing the dark red - red - bright red - black colors. What happened. I uninstalled everything and have no CC after I reinstalled and it is still happening. I updated everything I could, but things started going funny before I got my expansion packs even.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:22:26 am by Kittycataussie » Logged

spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 05:40:54 am »

What does he mean you cant update the driver? as far as I know that is the only solution to the flashing redness. Its just a simple download

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 02:25:36 pm »

what EP's do you have installed? do you have Pets? I know this a problem that has been happening with pets.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 04:51:16 pm »

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2

Click on the latest End User Runtime download of DirectX to run and update it.  Smiley

Video drivers are files you can update by downloading from the product's website.  What type of video card do you have?

Kittycataussie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 10:47:37 pm »

I have the original game, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, and Glamour Life. I was able to update DirectX, but it didn't help. When my CAS screen started flashing I ignored the houses, but when I go into a house the walls flash there too. I tried uninstalling ALL of my downloaded things and uninstalled and reinstalled the game to and it didn't help.

weetzie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 12:43:10 am »

Sounds like you definately need to update your video card's drivers. Tell your dad that it's good for the computer because, honestly, it is. Outdated drivers can make all sorts of little graphic glitches crop up, not just in the Sims, but other programs as well.

Coffee coffee coffee! Come on and drink it up!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nirvana in a cup!
I used to be a peon, just a worthless wad of gristle
'Til I replaced my brain cells with instant Folger's crystals!
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 01:31:01 pm »

yep. You need to update or get a new card. Nothing more can be done.
there is no one here that can fix this, it has to be on your end.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 03:16:08 pm »

What type of video card do you have?  Here's how to find out:

Go to Control Panel > Click on System (or if you have it on the default XP settings, click Performance and Maintenance, then System).

After that, click on the Hardware Tab, then the Device Manager button.

When a window pops up, click on the "plus" sign next to Display adapters.

Your display adapter and the driver's name should pop up underneath it. When the name of your driver(s) pops up, you can right click and select Properties to see more details about it.

After you click Properties,  click the Driver tab and choose to update it.  Or, depending on which video card you have, you can visit the official maker's site to check for and download updated drivers.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:27:37 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Kittycataussie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 03:45:51 pm »

OK so I need a new driver, I have a SiS 630/730 driver already. I already just updated it after I tarted having the problem and it was suggested. The driver is part of my motherboard. I would get a new one, but I don't know what kind to get please give me a little advice, on what you think is best and I will take it from there. Thanks so much for your help in diagnosing my game's stupid problem.  Kittycataussie:worship:

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 10:42:09 am »

Oh... THAT's probably why... I think I know what it is now.

My other PC has a similar problem; it doesn't have the video card that meets the game requirements.  It will still run Sims 2, but you won't get some/any reflections, and the water will forever flash red, not to mention a good number of options are greyed out.  You might want to ask (or plead with) your dad if you can get a new video card, or computer, one day.  Unfortunately, until then you might have to tolerate the red flashing water a little longer....   :sad5:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: