Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 05:57:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error  (Read 2599 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2007, 05:50:01 am »

Everytime I want to check a GMDC in SimPe, I get this error.
Made the same question at ambertation.net, but it seems no one knows the answer.
The computer I'm working in, doesn't have internet connection. If needed I have to use this one to get whatever file is missing.
Thanks for any help or link.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:32:19 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 09:23:02 am »

Does that computer have the latest version of DirectX installed on it? Should be 9.0c iirc.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 01:10:25 am »

I would recommend re-installing both DirectX (do first) and .NET (do last).  If you are using the testing version of SimPE - then I would recommend using the stable (sic) release.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 05:07:23 am »

I'm no more using test versions of SimPe. It was meant for helping developping SimPe and I don't see myself of much help for them. I'm not sure of which version I'm using now (will try to download the last available).
Tried to download Direct X from Microsoft but it was more troublesome than downloading from the Secret Service (will check with my supplier).
I installed Netframe 2.0 in the Pets computer. The old comp has Windows 2000 Professional, Netframe 1.0 and the last version of SimPe before Pets. Have no problems with it and will keep it so, once I'm not going to install Pets on it.
Thanks for the help. Will follow instructions and see what happens.

Thanks again. Got the whole package (DirectX 9c, NetFrame 2.0 and SimPe and took 30 seconds for) directly from the ambertation page. Funny that we always oversee something until someone else open our eyes!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 05:16:04 am by XPTL297 » Logged
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 08:34:01 am »

It's easy to get DrectX 9.0c. First go here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en then click "continue", download and install the validation plugin if you are using a browser other than IE and validate your OS. After that you get to the Download.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 05:12:59 pm »

Microsoft installed this validation plug-in in this computer 4 times.
I don't let anyone install something in my computer without giving me the original CD/DVD with all the glitzing labels. I'm absolutely sure that I have only original properly registered software.
That's why my comp will be never on-line. I'm extremely jealous and the only one who touches it. It took me 2years planning to be able to get it.
I'm not going to get another for the next 5 years probably Sad

Got the softs from the SimPe site. Still didn't test cause I'm the most elendig mesh-maker ever existed.
Am planning to get a 3D program but want a professional one that can be bought in a regular shop.
Have received million offers from a co. named Caligari (TrueSpace whatever).
Got even an offer for US$ 99,00.  I cannot buy on-line even if it was US1,00
I'm not a prisioner, but if I start to use money self, I will sure loose all the advantages of being administrated. I always hated money and have lived without direct use of it for more than 20 years. I like it so. I get what I prove to deserve.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: