Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 09:37:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Mermaids - Updated 04-03-2006  (Read 231701 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ladysarah930

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2006, 05:00:49 am »

the help you gave me was no good it says it is a web page and will not open:pale:

It doesn't matter if your made of new parts, old parts or borrowed parts... You Can Shine No Matter What Your Made Of!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2006, 12:05:13 pm »

ladysarah - are you on a Mac?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
ladysarah930

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2006, 10:16:37 pm »

whats mac?

It doesn't matter if your made of new parts, old parts or borrowed parts... You Can Shine No Matter What Your Made Of!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2006, 12:01:48 am »

Mac is an Apple Computer (NYSE Symbol: AAPL) product, a Macintosh, commonly a Mac.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
ladysarah930

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2006, 03:53:39 am »

Nope!

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2006, 05:58:28 am »

ok we can play 20 questions if you want - or you can get results faster if you tell me something about your computer...

Which way do you want to do it?  I should warn you that I will lose interest at question 2 and ban you at question 3.

ladysarah930

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2006, 06:32:34 am »

So sorry sir.
My comptuter is an ibm thinkpad laptop. I have downloded most of your files but they up can not be opened. I think it's a microsoft comptuter also.

Just a tip some people are young and need help to get thinks to make life a bit more happy.
I hope this is all the info you need, i hope you have not lost intrest.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2006, 01:57:06 pm »

Have you installed a RAR-file extractor?  Such as:

WinRAR ($ PC: http://www.rarlabs.com/)
7zip (free PC: http://www.7-zip.org/)
AlZip (free PC: http://www.altools.net/)
TUGZip (free PC: http://www.tugzip.com/)
Filzip (free PC: http://www.filzip.com/)
IZArc (free PC: http://www.izarc.org/)
UnzipThemAll (free PC: http://www.herve-thouzard.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=6)
ICEOWS (free PC: http://www.iceows.com/)

If you are using Firefox browser, you should try using Internet Explorer instead.  If you are using AOL, you should use IE also.

Empty your browser cache and try downloading again.  Make certain you have the meshes and skins extracted and in the main Downloads folder.

If you have Family Fun Stuff installed, try updating with the patch -- be forewarning, the patch has an evil habit of screwing up more than it fixes.

Check to make sure that nothing by Marvine or myself is in a sub-folder.

ladysarah930

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2006, 05:17:48 am »

I am so sorry to post again but it tells me after i extracted it that you must double click a costom content package file to install... sorry again

kim

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2006, 08:41:25 am »

After you extract the file you never click the .package file just place it in MyDocuments/EA Games/Sims2/Downloads

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2006, 02:58:45 pm »

here is a visual step by step guide for the process that should help make every thing clear to you.

Figure 1. (click to enlarge)

Figure 2. (click to enlarge)

Figure 3. (click to enlarge)

Figure 4. (click to enlarge)

Figure 5. (click to enlarge)

Figure 6. (click to enlarge)

Figure 7. (click to enlarge)

macdoj
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2006, 01:13:23 pm »

could you possibly tell me how to download the mesh thing and the mermaid tails because i cant find the mesh and it isnt coming on in my sims plz help anyone , joanne !!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2006, 06:17:51 pm »

Joanne - on the first page of this thread follow the instruction as seen in the illustration:

Figure 1. How to download the mesh.

I hope this explains it for you.

* DOWNLOAD-MESH01.gif (46.82 KB, 543x430 - viewed 318 times.)

dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2006, 01:36:37 pm »

I'm very sad to tell you , i can't get the mermaids to show up at all.I love them and i need help,i have read every thing you said to read and still i don't see them .Please help? I have all expansions and i have zip and rar .

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2006, 06:07:50 pm »

dreamcatcher -

First off - if you use SimsFileMaid or SimZip, stop using them, I cannot undo potential the damage to files that they may cause.  If you are using a Macintosh computer, you may experience difficulties with corrupt files that I can do nothing to correct.

It is assumed you have read and followed the instructions in the first post of this thread - it is also assumed you have tried everything in that thread to solve your problem.  Since you offer me absolutely no information whatsoever and are obviously of the mindset that I am a psychic computer healer, I will now proceed.

This is offered in the understand you are on a PC running Windows XP, if you are on a Macintosh computer there is probably nothing I can do to help you further than to suggest you stop using Safari browser to download RAR files.

If you have not already done so, change your system settings to display file-extensions of know file types:

Go to Control Panel
Double click 'Folder Options' - I only use Classic View, so I can't tell you where this is located in the new lay-out
Click the 'View' tab
Look at the Advanced Settings box.
Find the statement 'Hide extensions for known file types'
Remove the check from the box in front of 'Hide extensions for known file types'.
Click 'Apply'
Click 'OK'

Now, check to make sure you have the following files in your downloads folder:

MESH_ju_merfolk_toddler.package
MESH_ju-beos_merfolk_child.package
MESH_ju-beos_merman.package
MESH_ju-beos_merman-regular.package
MESH_ju-beos_teenmerboy.package
MESH_ju-beos_teenmermaid.package
MESH_ju-beos-elder-mermaid.package
MESH_ju-mermaid.package

Also you need at least one of each recolour, the names of the skin files are:

ju-beos_blue_mermaid.package
ju-beos_gold_mermaid.package
ju-beos_green_mermaid.package
ju-beos_merfolk_toddler_goldfish.package
ju-beos_merfolk_toddler_greengold.package
ju-beos_merfolk_toddler_greyblue.package
ju-beos_merfolk_toddler_pink.package
ju-beos_merfolk_toddler_red.package
ju-beos_mergranny_ pink.package
ju-beos_mergranny_blue.package
ju-beos_mergranny_iron.package
ju-beos_mergranny_silver.package
ju-beos_merman.package
ju-beos_merman_variation01.package
ju-beos_merman_variation02.package
ju-beos_merman_variation03.package
ju-beos_merman-regular-grey.package
ju-beos_parme_mermaid.package
ju-beos_red_mermaid.package
ju-beos_silver_mermaid.package
ju-beos_teenbmerboy_grey2.package
ju-beos_teenmerboy_bluegreen.package
ju-beos_teenmerboy_grey.package
ju-beos_teenmerboy1.package
ju-beos_teenmerboy2.package
ju-beos_teenmerboy3.package
ju-teenmermaid_blue.package
ju-teenmermaid_green.package
ju-teenmermaid_pink.package
ju-teenmermaid_purple.package

If you find these items, they should all be in the Downloads folder not a sub-folder.  Even though The Sims 2: Nightlife adds support for sub-folders, this leads to problems on some versions of the games, and I cannot garuntee results if you choose to not follow my advice.

If you find:

ju-teenmermaid.rar
ju-beos_merfock_toddlers_MESH+recolors.rar
ju-beos_merfock_toddlers_recolors2.rar
ju-beos_merman.rar
ju-beos_teen_merboy.rar
merchildren1.rar
merchildren2.rar
MerFishTails.rar
mermaids_blue-gold-green.rar
mermaid_parme-red-silver.rar
MESH_ju-beos_merfock_child.rar
MESH_ju_mermaid.rar

You have not extracted the files, but only moved downloaded .RAR archives to the Downloads folder; and then they would never work.

In what is now approaching 99% of all the trouble-shooting I have done for the merfolk this is the cause...  you have no idea how much this makes me want to get court injunctions forbidding the use of a computer of any sort by the people I have had to help...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: