Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 10:10:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! My Sims Want Slots are blank!  (Read 3353 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DRCEQ

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:58:27 pm »

And they just won't go away! I've tried everything....Force Error with boolprop, refreshing wants with InSIM, replacing the objects.package, removing my latest downloads....but nothing's working! One Sim only has one want slot now with the rest blank, another has only 3 out of six! Not all Sims are affected, but some of my favs are! Can someone please tell me what's going on?

EDIT: oh, and I have all the EPs, and no stuff packs, in case that's important
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 01:05:03 pm by DRCEQ » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 05:03:30 pm »

I have the same problem, too.  Most of the time for me it's just the game doing that, but it's also a possibility it may be a hack.  I haven't found out for sure yet, though.  

Since I have the InSimenator installed, I usually spawn the aspiration adjuster, then refresh my wants from there.  Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.  

Okay.  I forgot to mention they sometimes refresh on their own.  (When a sim returns home from work, school, community lot; or when the only wants still available are fufilled)  And I looked up some more in another thread similar to this problem.  Do you happen to have any "anti-spam wants" hacks in your Downloads folder?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 05:17:53 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

DRCEQ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 11:08:31 pm »

Quote from: TenshiiAkari12;536875
I have the same problem, too.  Most of the time for me it's just the game doing that, but it's also a possibility it may be a hack.  I haven't found out for sure yet, though.  

Since I have the InSimenator installed, I usually spawn the aspiration adjuster, then refresh my wants from there.  Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.  

Okay.  I forgot to mention they sometimes refresh on their own.  (When a sim returns home from work, school, community lot; or when the only wants still available are fufilled)  And I looked up some more in another thread similar to this problem.  Do you happen to have any "anti-spam wants" hacks in your Downloads folder?

I don't have any "anti-spam wants" hacks. Heck, I haven't downloaded a new hack in ages. I tried using the aspiration adjuster to refresh the wants, but it only refresehed that single want (almost always "Ask Sim on Date") while keeping the other three blank. :\

However, the wants DID refresh themselves after the sim came home from work so I guess I could just do that until I find the cause.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 11:31:10 pm »

Most missing/blank wants I've had are caused by the sim aging to a younger age via InSimenator.  The problem eventually sorts itself out without having to do anything else.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 01:25:29 pm »

Or maybe the lot became corrupted? I've found moving the family to a new house seems to work. Sometimes I've had to bulldoze a lot and put a completely fresh one in its place, but it helped me.

No requests please
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 01:34:04 pm »

This happens to me sometimes, but it never really affects anything. Maybe just use InSIMenator and get some more want/fear slots. I like to bump my fears up to four slots sometimes, and that, for reasons beyond me, helps the blank want slots.

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: