Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:50:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Content question  (Read 3793 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
starlucid

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2007, 01:07:38 pm »

I was wondering now that I'm finally caught up in my crazy impulse to join three contests I want to put some work on a story I began here.
There will be a rape scene in the story.  I can figure out a way to do this tastefully so it's not obscene but.....it would help me to know exactly what is taboo.
Like a rating system of sorts that was clear.  I think would help other story tellers too.

I know it's been mentioned we should keep it pg13 but I really don't know what that means anymore.

Ok I looked up pg13 and this is the definition
 Parents Strongly Cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13. This signifies that the film rated may be inappropriate for pre-teens. Parents should be especially careful about letting their younger children attend. Rough or persistent violence is absent; sexually-oriented nudity is generally absent; some scenes of drug use may be seen; one use of the harsher sexually derived words may be heard.

according to this from what I understand as long as I make the rape somewhat non violent it should comply pg13.  I know that other story tellers here struggle with these issues when posting a more mature type story.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 01:15:43 pm by starlucid » Logged

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:37:11 am »

if you ask me you can't portray "rape" as tasteful. you just can't. it can't be non violent either. it's a very serious and hurtful matter. if you present it as other than that it defeats the purpose of "rape" in your story.

maybe you can just cut the rape scene itself. just show the beginning and then after it. that way the act itself doesn't lost or isn't taken lightly. i'm sure you can do that. Smiley

edit:

i just read this article and the female director said this about the a rape scene that maybe could be of help. Smiley

“When you’re shooting a film, it’s the images you line up next to each other that create a story,” Kampmeier said. “If you have a hand hitting the ground, Dakota screaming ’stop’ and you see a zipper unzip — that creates a rape.”
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:29:18 am by summer_wine » Logged

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 01:17:12 am »

I agree completely summer with you.  tastefully was the wrong wording I mean't without graphic details that would violate forum rules for content.

I'm cutting the actual scene out and going with the beginning and end that way I don't have to worry about showing something innapropriate.
I have had the photos for awhile and been sort of pondering how to do this right.  
btw thanks for that link it looks like an amazing film thats sure imho to piss off a lot of ppl.

Solitario's Don't Die..
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 03:09:36 am »

glad to help out and can't wait to read that story. Smiley

starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 11:53:49 am »

summer part of the fourth chapter is up as soon as I have some time I will add more but the rape incident is up now.  story is Beguiled.

Solitario's Don't Die..
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 12:02:50 pm »

wokie!!! will check itout

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: