Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:46:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't play!!  (Read 3715 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Laurelian

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2007, 02:41:49 pm »

Everything is perfectly fine until I get to the neighbourhood view. I have the keeps-on-loading-forever thingy, so I have to always enter the boolprop cheat to enter a household and then turn it off. Well, that used to work just fine until today. The cheat box doesn't even open!!!! I've restarted the game, I've restarted my computer, still the same ploblem. So practically, I cannot play. I can use CAS, but that's really useless in this case -I mean if I just wanted to make sims I could do so perfectly good from BS-.
Any thoughts, anyone? Please help, it's desperate...

"Something must be wrong, something, when your heart can't break and your tears can't fall. And you're hollow, you're empty and none of it matters. It occurs to you that you're flying, sort of, just without the wings, and it's incredible, since even if you fall, the air's still rushing past, which is everything you ever wanted, all along, all the time..." by provocative envy
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 07:03:08 pm »

What is the keep-on-loading-forever thingy?  A hack?  Your neighborhood never finishes loading?  Does it happen going into the neighborhood or into a lot?
kim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 07:05:12 pm »

That is usually a sign of having a hack that is not compatible with whatever expansion you have

Laurelian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 11:18:41 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;536980
What is the keep-on-loading-forever thingy?  A hack?  Your neighborhood never finishes loading?  Does it happen going into the neighborhood or into a lot?

When I enter a lot that is. Sorry if I didn't explain properly...

I have all the expansion packs, why would any hack not be compatible to the game? Plus, I don't recall -I wouldn't swear upon it though- downloading any new hacks since the last time I played... Except a few careers, But I checked them alright, they're not even pink.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:28:23 am by Laurelian » Logged

"Something must be wrong, something, when your heart can't break and your tears can't fall. And you're hollow, you're empty and none of it matters. It occurs to you that you're flying, sort of, just without the wings, and it's incredible, since even if you fall, the air's still rushing past, which is everything you ever wanted, all along, all the time..." by provocative envy
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 11:50:22 am »

I definitly had the same problem a couple years ago. I used something with boolprop but of course I don't recommend it because both I forget what it was and it wasn't a perminate fix.

Some hacks are compatiable with only certain EPs and haven't been updated and there even maybe a conflicting hack playing on another and causing the problem.

I say remove those careers, sometimes it doesn't matter if they are pink or not they still cause problems. If this works you can always move them back into your game one by one to figure out what exact career it was that caused the problem.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what else to say other than clean out your downloads folder, seperate the content in groups and then remove them all, then place them back in one at a time until you find what file is causing the problem. I also had to do this and it ended up being the the walk hack thingy and facial changer. Of course I was heart broken because I love that hack. Sad
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:52:58 am by xoJessi » Logged

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 02:03:08 pm »

pink just means it is a duplicate file
red just means it is a hack - has nothing to do with good or bad

many hacks are not compatible with other hacks or with all EPs. How can you not know this? Why do you think there are different versions of some hacks depending on which EP you have...

The best thing to do is remove all hacks and then see if you still have the problem.

You probably have problems you don't even realize you have if you haven't bothered to update your hacks or removed the hacks that are no longer compatible with the EPs you have.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 02:20:22 pm »

Going right along with what Sleepcat said, you should download, install, and run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility at http://www.simwardrobe.com.  This great little program will scan your mods/hacks and find those that modify the same behavior.  Keep in mind, this doesn't mean there's a problem, but if you do have problems, these conflicts would be the first things to look at.
Laurelian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 08:23:46 am »

Quote from: Sleepycat;538534
pink just means it is a duplicate file
red just means it is a hack - has nothing to do with good or bad

many hacks are not compatible with other hacks or with all EPs. How can you not know this? Why do you think there are different versions of some hacks depending on which EP you have...

The best thing to do is remove all hacks and then see if you still have the problem.

You probably have problems you don't even realize you have if you haven't bothered to update your hacks or removed the hacks that are no longer compatible with the EPs you have.

I know that hacks are upated for each expansion. And of course I have bothered to update them -the non-updated ones are already turned off-.
And I have always wondered about that pink... So thanks for sorting that out for me...
The hacks and mods I've got are not conflicting -at least based on what information I've gathered from reading read-me files... - as far as I know.
I'll run the test anyway though, just in case...

I'll probably remove the careers as well, I've got a hunch they're behind this. I just hope I'm wrong... I was about to base a whole story on them... Basically the lifes of my latest family. Wizards, ya know, so the stuff are basically there to make it more believable (for me at least)...

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:08:32 am »

the Hack Conflict Detection Utility is a handy program and it can tell you about conflicts between hacks (as you know) but it can't tell you if a hack isn't compatible with the game.

custom careers have been known to cause problems but I don't know much about them *dosen't use them*

I'm glad to hear/read that you do update your hacks. I got abit testy (sorry) because many people are too lazy to update or remove hacks when installing a new EP and then want help for all the problems they are having (and they blame the EP for being buggy) ...and Seasons is coming and we will have to go through it all again because the idiots don't learn and don't bother to even read any of the other help threads and...
/cuts off rant
...maybe I will take a vacation from helping once Seasons is out...

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Laurelian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 03:33:30 pm »

Anyway, I disabled everything when I started the game, exited and restarted it, so that it would save the change, and the cheat box still wouldn't open. After that I was positive that the problem was probably caused by my keybord. It's doing weird stuff lately, like T and Y can only appear in capitals after I use Caps, not with shift. So I thought I should try the other Ctrl and Shift -it was about time too- and after a couple of times it worked!!! Now there's only one problem. I'm not sure if the problem was fixed by using different keys or by disabling cc. So I have to enable them and do the same and then find out...
Thanks for your help, and sorry for troubling you in the first place if the problem turns out to be caused by the damn keyboard... If you are thinking that I must be totally stupid not to think of switching keys before, don't bother telling me  -please?- , I've already beaten myself up enough I think -honestly-...

EDIT: problem still there... differently put now though. I enabled the cc, the cheatbox opened just fine, but the lots still didn't load even with boolprop on. It's hopeless...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 03:07:08 pm by Laurelian » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: