Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:48:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Xhairy Black on modified Louis' skins  (Read 39460 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
math_u_miller45

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 05:05:47 pm »

Hi jwilson5 its me again Smiley well im here to report a couple of bugs sorry...the dark tan skin for adult males has the same skin for the fat/fit/nude skins. Also for all of the skintones the adult young adult and teen male bald head color is completely different than the face...so i don't know if thats how you designed them but i would deeply appreciate the changes Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 07:47:06 pm by math_u_miller45 » Logged
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 07:45:32 pm »

Quote from: math_u_miller45;587511
Hi jwilson5 its me again Smiley well im here to report a couple of bugs sorry...the dark tan skin for adult males has the same skin for the fat/fit/nude skins. Also for all of the skintones the adult young adult and teen male bald head color is completely different than the face...so i don't know if thats how you designed them but i would deeply appreciate the changes Cheesy

I checked the dark tan and you are correct, the males have the same skin for fit/norm/fat. Sometimes it get confusing jumping back and forth between files creating things. However, I am unsure what you mean by bald heads different from skins. Are you just talking about the dark tan skins because I didn't find this problem in the file or are you talking about another skin tone? Give me a specific file name to look at please.
Thank you

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
math_u_miller45

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 11:28:26 pm »

on all of the adult, teen, and young adult male skins (light,tan,drktan,dark) the hairline (file name ...amhairbald??? something like that...) is like a different tone than the face....

it might be just me, or maybe the pets patch but i dont know....
i do really like your skins though, they are the best for males out there...Smiley
and i understand your confusion going back and forth trying to remember AM..af...tf...cut, no wait soft...lol Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:33:14 pm by math_u_miller45 » Logged
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 07:26:10 pm »

"on all of the adult, teen, and young adult male skins (light,tan,drktan,dark) the hairline (file name ...amhairbald??? something like that...) is like a different tone than the face...."

Math-u,
Your picture was quite dramatic. Good job.
I went through the skins in my bodyshop (no pets) and only noticed this:
1.) tan: the adult male scalp is slightly different than face
2.) dark tan: the elder male scalp and face slightly lighter than skin
3.) mid: adult male scalp slightly lighter than face.

If I remember correctly these are the way the original Louis' skins were made. However, to make sure that this is the case I am going to redownload all of Louis's skins and check them out in my bodyshop. Perhaps, you could do this also and see if you see the same problem in your Pets bodyshop. The skins are at modthesims2 under louis' alias "REN".

I do recall at one time trying to fix the Louis scalps but couldn't get the correct colors between the top of face and back of neck to match up to scalp so I gave up.

The picture you took, was it one of the custom skins (need exact shade) or was it one of the defaults? Defaults are made differently than custom package files?     Thanks for you help.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:33:00 pm by jwilson5 » Logged

math_u_miller45

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 10:08:45 pm »

Ok before we get lost i'll explain my situation.....
I'm currently using your light(not mid), tan, drk tan, and dark DEFAULT skins. I'm only using the male skins from you and Enaylas female skins.
The picture i took was of the dark tan default skin, but its happening on all of the tones.
So, i also tried to fix the scalp thing myself but i wasn't too sucessful..

Oh and i was wondering if you had fixed the dark tan fit/fat/nude skins yet...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:30:40 am by math_u_miller45 » Logged
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 04:35:05 pm »

Math_U

So you're saying you created your own defaults skins using mine for the males and enayla's for the females?
I downloaded and check Louis' original skins against all of mine and all the scalps are correct. None of them look like the picture you included here. It appears that the defaults you created may have the scalp files mixed up. You need to replace these scalps with the correct ones.

Your best bet is do a "create genetics" in bodyshop using the original defaults I created or download Louis'. Do each color you need, then in the projects folder, save the scalp files for "AMhair" and "EMhair" as "PNG" files.

In SIMPE, open each of your default files. The scalp file "umhairbald" is used by both teen and adult male. The "emhairbald" is used by elder male. Click on the "umhairbald" file, right click, choose "build DXT", "open", go to the project folder, open file for the appropriate skin color and choose the "AMhair" scalp PNG file your created. Hit build, it will take a moment to retrieve the image, then hit commit. Save. Do the same for the "EMhair" scalp. Do each skintone and this should correct your problem. If not, Pets is to blame.............hee, hee.

Yes, I have fixed the norm/fat skins in the dark tan custom and defaults files and have uploaded them here. The SLIMBB is uneffected as it has no norm or fat.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:02:46 pm by jwilson5 » Logged

math_u_miller45

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 01:55:35 am »

Wow, i'm an idiot...
i didn't know it was the UM file....i'm stupid, lol.
Sorry to cause you so much frustration and thanks for being patient with me ha ha:worship:
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 03:04:34 pm »

Math_u

No problem................thanks for pointing out the dark tan skin norm/fat issue for me.

math_u_miller45

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 06:48:13 pm »

oh your welcome! thanks for fixing it!
Dese

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 02:45:37 pm »

Thanks once again for catering to my requests! I am very happy to have these skins in my game and I appreciate your hard work. Smiley

Still a simmer at heart, just too busy with my baby to play!
missjasonmewes

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 08:12:05 pm »

Haha, thanks for this! I can finally make my boyfriend, hehe!!

I'm Maddy. :]
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 03:48:10 pm »

I have a question in regards to the default skin tones. I'd yet to use any default skin tone replacements, though I am glad to know they exist, but I am curious about the color of the body hair. I had assumed you had a default skin tone replacer for each hair color (which in hindsight seems like it might be impossible), but wondered how it'd know what color hair each sim has. Using this default replacement, I'm happy with the results, except on the blonde Sim I'm playing right now. I'm just curious if there is any workaround for this that I am overlooking. Thank you.
-KEvin
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 05:06:08 pm »

Quote from: Reluctantly Human;609766
I have a question in regards to the default skin tones. I'd yet to use any default skin tone replacements, though I am glad to know they exist, but I am curious about the color of the body hair. I had assumed you had a default skin tone replacer for each hair color (which in hindsight seems like it might be impossible), but wondered how it'd know what color hair each sim has. Using this default replacement, I'm happy with the results, except on the blonde Sim I'm playing right now. I'm just curious if there is any workaround for this that I am overlooking. Thank you.
-KEvin

Kevin, sorry it took so long to answer you, I have been playing with the new EP.
You are correct, there is no way for the game to know a sim's hair color and attached the same hair colored skin to it. That has always been a dilema in the Sims. That is why so many of us use custom skintones instead of relying on defaults for our sims. I have a another set of defaults that have less hair but nothing that is blondish. The set on this page has strictly black hair.

AllenABQ has made multiple skins with various hair colors in the past. He currently has a home at insimadult.net. However, they are not defaults.

To answer your question, the defaults will look like the pictures here no matter what hair color the sims have. I will be working up some other skins and hair combinations in the future, perhaps one of these will work for you. Maybe something with a more nordic look to it.

mcrudd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 10:34:42 pm »

Hi there, I have a suggestion. I have found that the brown haired men's bodyhair seems to suit all the haircolours even blonde and black. I have some Maxis defaults with brown hair and it looks great on all hair colours. Please let me know if  you will make some like that in the future, cause Maxis skintones are a teeny bit borring. But I want the hair, so I must just live with them :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 08:04:03 pm by mcrudd » Logged
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 09:11:02 pm »

Quote from: mcrudd;718912
Hi there, I have a suggestion. I have found that the brown haired men's bodyhair seems to suit all the haircolours even blonde and black. I have some Maxis defaults with brown hair and it looks great on all hair colours. Please let me know if  you will make some like that in the future, cause Maxis skintones are a teeny bit borring. But I want the hair, so I must just live with them :laugh:

I am finishing up a red hair huge bodybuilder set right now but I have been working with Nagel brushes in photoshop to get a better look to the lighter hair. I am working towards a set of lighter haired Louis skins. Keep an eye out for them in the future.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: