Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 03:20:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: start up  (Read 7172 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kendra

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2007, 11:01:14 pm »

I have been playing my sims 2 pets for about a month, then yesturday I tried to play and it won't even come on. The white screen pops up that says the sims 2 pets and that's it, it never goes to the EA GAMES screen or the part when all of the sims are doing various things, my drives are fine, I put other things in and they work fine. I have a Radeon 9200 graphic card and more then enough ram to run the game fine, I have all of the big expan. packs, no glamour life, family fun, or christmas pack just the uni, nightlife, ofb, and pets.I called EA they were no help at all, I just want to know if I can just take the download folder out and buy another pets disk and replace my downloads folder with all my great hairs and clothes and sims, without reininstalling the game,because I justttttttt don't want to go through all of that. Or should I take my downloads out and save it some where else and reinstall all over again with a new pets disk.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 01:01:46 am »

whenever it does that to me (which is every so often) I just try starting it again and it then loads like it should.

try that and/or deleting the Groups.cache file

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:05:02 pm »

I tried many times to restart and nothing works, you said to try to delete the groups.cache file,I don't have that folder I have something called the HTTP Cache folder. So should I delete that and try again.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 08:50:30 pm »

Kendra - the groups.cache is a file located:

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

or in a similarly named folder inside the Home folder on a Mac.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 11:36:26 am »

Okay I have done everything you guys suggested and still nothing works, do you guys think that it could just be my disk or what pleaseeeeeee help I want to play so bad.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 12:20:47 pm »

Since deleting Groups.cache didn't work, drag your Downloads folder to your Desktop and try starting the game again.  If the game does work for you, then you've got a bad package, usually a mod/hack or mesh, that's stopping your game.
Shpookiecat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 06:30:52 pm »

I had this problem until I installed a new CD drive that I use solely for just "reading" game CD's. My system came with a DVD/CD write with lightscribe which runs slower and is INCREDIBLY picky about discs I put in, sometimes it would take me over an hour to get a game past the flash screen. I picked up a cheapy $30 CD reader, set it as a secondary drive and my game starts immediately. (knock wood).

Pilotpigen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 06:36:31 pm »

If you have a bad package, and you are unsure which it is, there is a great tutorial on MTS2 on how to find it

Visit SYNAPTIC SIM'S LAIR

WANT ANY OF MY CREATIONS? FIND THEM IN THE LAIR

I AM NOT A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY ANYMORE - JUST GETTING MY STUFF
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 10:56:05 pm »

Okay, I did everything you guys suggested, still the game does not start everytime. I deleted the Sims 2 Pets from my computer/programs, then deleted it in the recycle bin, put the Pets disk 1 and redownloaded it all over again, just by doing the above the game started and worked for a couple of days. Then again a couple of days later the same thing, the game will not start. So I repeated my same steps again and the game starts. Does anyone know why this keeps happening, has this happen to anyone else, and how did you fix it. I would love for my game to be working great before I buy a new expansion pack(seasons).
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 07:09:57 pm »

Anyone please help....
annika

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 11:38:32 am »

I have the exact same problem!
RazedinNeon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 08:37:40 pm »

I am having the same problem with Nightlife.. and I've done everything that has been suggested in this thread and it still wont start. I click on the game in my start menu and it says i need to put in the disk, and it is in. Im getting tired of it, I've already gone through 2 Nightlife disks because of this (this one being the 2nd.) and I dont know what the problem is.
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 06:41:16 pm »

When all else fails, reinstall from scratch. That's what I've done in the past. Since the last time I did this, just before I installed Pets (months ago), I haven't had it happen. Just make sure to backup files.

Click here to join The Animal Army! It's good for what ails ya!!

X-Men Fan? Join today!
SkeleBear

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 08:50:14 pm »

Kendra (and anyone else coming back to this thread since it doesn't appear that Kendra has been here for a while),

There's some good tips on making your computer more "Sims 2 Friendly" by visiting HERE.

It's also possible that something else, maybe completely unrelated to the Sims 2 game, has corrupted or changed the computer's Registry settings, and might be resolved by doing a "System Restore" back to a point in time when everything else was working.

Lastly, make sure that you have your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware programs disabled when you boot up your Sims game. Even if the game "worked fine" with them running before, sometimes their 'updates' will begin interfering with the function of the game.

Good luck.

kendra

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 10:10:07 pm »

Okay I have done everything besides restarting the whole sims 2 and expans. and I am still having the same problem,  and yes I restored my computer to an earlier time and it still keeps doing it. I would love not to restart the downloading process over, any other ideas please.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: