Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:59:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: start up  (Read 7199 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 01:28:04 am »

Kendra, did you uninstall the Pets ep, or did you just delete the folder?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
RazedinNeon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 08:01:48 pm »

Okay - I'm back.
The other day I was sooo desperate to play sims and I figured that it was just my nightlife disc... so I bought a stuff pack assuming that it would work but it didnt! It didnt show up either! argh. >_< It doesn't even acknowledge the fact that there is a disc in the drive at all... and it's only sims games *I assume* because I think everything else works fine...
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 08:12:18 pm »

I just deleted the folder, so I guess I will uninstall the pets fully and reinstall and add the patch and then add the seasons. can anyone tell me if the patch is a good idea or not.
cassandra_107

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 04:05:09 pm »

People most often have the problem you are describing when they have downloaded too much CC for their comp/game engine to handle. You did not mention if BodyShop starts. What you may need to do is move all of your custom content, filter through it and slowly add it back in.

First I recommend that there is not too much stuff in any one folder. All CC and mods relating to CAS & BodyShop  goes into SavedSims. Yes mods to hid clothing work when placed there, they also work when using create-a-sim, not just the in-game create-a-family.

Second go through your downloaded files with S2CI, delete any duplicate files. This can help much more than you would think. Lastly go through you files, delete anything that you don't use. Yes this is difficult, but I found that I was not using most of my 10 pages of eyes. Something interesting I have found in putting all BodyShop related content in SavedSims: no matter the combination, BodyShop or CAS tends to crash when there are close to or more than 5,000 files in the folder.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 07:59:07 pm »

Okay so I manually uninstalled the pets and seasons and deleted some of my custom content and now the game works great, so thank you all.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 04:40:54 am »

Ok - it appears that there are two potential problems here:

RazedinNeon - you need a new CD/DVD-reader for your computer, the read-diode on yours is burned out

Kendra - you don't mention if you are playing on a Mac, are you?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 12:30:38 pm »

No I am not playing on a mac, just a regular pc.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 10:02:52 pm »

Okay first things first, what is a read diode and my drivers are somewhat new, I brought new ones in 2005, so could they still be the problem, because it's still doing the same thing, loading on some days and others not.HELP me please.
veash

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 08:35:54 am »

I would recommend using a lense cleaner for your CD/DVD reader before replacing it.  I have a similar problem with OFB startup.  I get the splash screen then an error message saying blah blah blah failed to initialize properly.  I haven't pinpointed the problem yet.  I've done system restores, clean installs and maual patches with defrags between every EP, and even removed and defragged then replaced the page file.  I have found a workaround however.  I have to reboot my system with the OFB disk in the drive, then as soon as the desktop comes up, hit the OFB shortcut while the system is still loading up all the other startup items.  Once it's up and running, I can close it and start it up again with no problems.  I suspect it has something to do with Norton Anitvirus, but i get the same problem with it disabled as well as enabled, and it's a quirky thing that only happens once in awhile.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 11:10:57 pm »

Okay everyone who was so great at trying to help me, I think I found a solution to my problem. I log off and created a new screen for just my sims and nothing else, no music downloads, no antivirus, no internet, just the sims and it comes on everytime, when I want to look at other things, I log off and go back to the owner screen and everything is fine, so thanks everyone so much, hopefully this will work.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 07:09:20 pm »

Okay everyone It's doing it again, help pleaseeeee!
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 08:17:25 am »

Quote from: kendra;658709
Okay first things first, what is a read diode and my drivers are somewhat new, I brought new ones in 2005, so could they still be the problem, because it's still doing the same thing, loading on some days and others not.HELP me please.
Yes, I have a CD/DVD rom drive that was only 6 months old and it went out, sometimes you get a bad one, or you burn it out. And check your Support site for the CD/DVD rom there may be a driver update that you don't have.

Don't ask for updates, when Squinge updates them, you will find them here > Squinges Mods Rock!
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 12:49:51 pm »

Okay I changed drives and still it does the same thing.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: