Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 12:36:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: None of the vehicles (buyable or not) are working!  (Read 2738 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2007, 12:01:52 pm »

I was extremely excited to have a whopping one gigabyte of memory for my computer, since I was running on nearly a quarter of that--I haven't upgraded my computer for four years. xD  So my mom installed the new memory and I loaded up the Sims a few days later.  I DID download a few things before I did that.  I'm worried that one of the files I used is the problem.  I am going to load the Sims 2 up right now and find out if the problem is in the custom content--which I am positive of--or if it's in the game itself.  Most all of my Sims have the pleasure aspiration, which means they want to go out most EVERY DAY, and I can't do that because A:  they won't even get in a car, and B:  when I call up a taxi, it stops by the mailbox, disappears, and then drives back to the mailbox!  If you don't understand what I mean, it's like the taxi/carpool/school bus drives up to the mailbox, honks it's horn, then disappears.  In an instant, it's driving back up again...does anyone know what I mean?

I have all of the expansion packs so far with the exception of any "stuff" packs, if that's of any help to anyone.

Were there any Sims 2 patches I may have missed that might have caused this, or could it be something else?  And if the problem is in my custom content,  how can I find the problem file?  Will Sims 2 clean installer find it?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:04:34 pm by Nita-Chan » Logged
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 12:15:25 pm »

I never had this problem or ever heard of this problem but It's probaly related to CC. Sims 2 Clean installer could help, if you notice something that you didn't download.
Also you could have a hack conflicting another hack or something that is supposed to be for a earlier Ep that hasn't been updated.

1st- try removing the newly added stuff. If cars worked before then it could work without it again.

2nd- Check the main site for the updated patches if you don't got it.

3rd- wait for someone else to help you because I'm clueless. :lol:

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 12:23:27 pm »

Quote from: xoxk9;538366
I never had this problem or ever heard of this problem but It's probaly related to CC. Sims 2 Clean installer could help, if you notice something that you didn't download.
Also you could have a hack conflicting another hack or something that is supposed to be for a earlier Ep that hasn't been updated.

1st- try removing the newly added stuff. If cars worked before then it could work without it again.

2nd- Check the main site for the updated patches if you don't got it.

3rd- wait for someone else to help you because I'm clueless. :lol:

xD

I'm going to remove some of the newer hacks that I downloaded to see if that works at all.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 04:11:02 pm »

And now I've found out something else:  one of my files is preventing me from even disabling all of my custom content, even when I click "disable!"  It says it's still enabled. ):  I want to drive some of my new cars around, but I don't know what the problem file is.  Is there any way to find out?
~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 04:32:14 pm »

Try pulling that file out altogether.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: