Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 11:36:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightlife objects don't work.  (Read 3362 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2007, 12:17:42 pm »

I just reinstalled all of my games, and the first thing I noticed is that some of my objects, not custom ones, were not working in game. I could not understand why they would do this. Well I went to make a garage, and realized that the driveways are not working. Where a picture would normally be, it just says "no pic" and when you try to place it, it is invisible.

is there any reason it would do this? or do I just need to reinstall nightlife?

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 02:36:28 pm »

you need to reinstall Nightlife, you might have to reinstall the whole game+EPs

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 05:26:14 pm »

sumpsychochic - for reasons beyond mortal ken, the install of the EPs or some later activity within the game will cause the corruption of a game file -- the file is usually OBJECTS.PACKAGE for one or more of the EPs or basegame.  You can sometimes restore playability by restoring that file and marking it "read only" - but this is often forgotten and results in weirdness during the install of later patches and EPs.

On the installation media (CD or DVD) there should be a giant ZIP file (usually named compressed.zip) - deep in the bowels of that file you will find OBJECTS.PACKAGE in a folder named TSData\Res\Objects -- this file goes in the corresponding folder of same name for the base game or EP which the CD or DVD is for.  So, TSData\Res\Objects\OBJECTS.PACKAGE on the Uni EP disc goes to:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Objects

or where ever the game EP is installed.

The alternate method is to uninstall and re-install everything in their proper order (including patches) and hope that it resolves the problem.  Since you may end up doing this anyway - it harms nothing to try replacing the OBJECTS.PACKAGE

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 07:07:36 pm »

wait, so take that file off the nightlife CD and replace it?

I don't have my CD with me right now, its on campus and im at home, but I will try that as soon as I can.

sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 07:29:14 pm »

something strange..

that is what i find in the folder.. There is no Objects folder at all.
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Objects

I don't think thats right. And when I put in the Nightlife CD I got an error message that says "please ensure your University CD is in the CD drive"

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 07:34:05 pm »

It looks to me like a reinstall is needed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: