Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 05:16:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Family Fun problem...  (Read 4807 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dread

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:12:42 pm »

Well, I tried to re-install OFB and FFS, but when I try to play them, it says files are missing and to re-install it... I did... a few times, but still it says files are missing. The catalyst of this is this: I burned them on a custom disc, a DVD. They're both on the same DVD, but I copied them back to the program files folder. In case you're wondering, yes, I do own it, but I copy and re-burn all games to a blank disc in case of issue... an issue even happened to the two discs, they were beside each other and my brother ran a magnet over them. Reasons like that are why I burn games again. Anyways, I don't want to have to buy them again, so is there anything I can do? I really want OFB (more fun than just more objects, the influence meter, the ability to get that functional warrior sword, and even an outfit to go with it), but both would be better. This, I really don't think is illegal, but please post your reasons for it to be illegal in here, first, before locking it (I have the games, if you didn't read that back there, I bought them.)

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
gualsim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 02:53:58 pm »

What I know is that the originals disks have a  protection anticopy system or files. When you make a back up disk, these files are not copy and the game look for them, if they are not find you are not allowed to play. More or less is what I understand.
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 05:55:04 pm »

Well, what really gets me is that the Body Shop for OFB works, and I can select clothing and hairstyles from OFB, I can even extract the music, but it won't play!

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
gualsim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 10:20:25 pm »

Yes, because Body Shop works separately from the main game which is the one that looks for this files.
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 10:24:56 pm »

Isn't there any way I can fix this?

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
gualsim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 10:45:08 pm »

At this point I can not help you, sorry! because is against the rules. You will have to make your research.
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 11:21:42 pm »

Oh... where can I find this out?!!! This is going to kill me... this is like Banjo-Kazooie: You can see the Ice Key, it's there (taking up space on your hard drive, lol), but... *pucker noise*! You can't get it!

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 11:25:41 pm »

Your best bet is to contact EA Games.
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 11:30:28 pm »

And how do you suggest I do that? They'll probably view it as illegal, I'll go to prison and get a human booster-shot from a guy named Molly! Sorry, that's how my -- and Seth MacFarlane --'s mind works, lol. I need to know about this ASAP! I just thought about what I'd do to get my expansions back... working out with Oprah Winfrey is just one of the things I thought of.

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
Dese

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 11:34:08 pm »

If you have the original games and the discs are damaged, maybe they would replace them?

Still a simmer at heart, just too busy with my baby to play!
~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 11:39:41 pm »

There is absolutely no reason to get snippy. If you go to the Sims 2 official website HERE, you can research to find out how to get support from HERE.

If you have registered your game, you can send it to EA Games and they will replace it with a new one, for a moderate fee (I think just shipping). However, if you have not registered your game, there is nothing you can do.
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 11:41:03 pm »

This thread is doing nothing but heading in a bad direction. No one can help you get copies of the game. EA will send you new disks if you can prove you bought them.
This is the second thread to this affect I have closed from you.
Please do not ask this info again!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: