Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:16:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I fried my video card...  (Read 6748 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 01:41:09 am »

Frog Girl - if you delete or move the player folders - the game will create them again from the files that it used when you first installed the game.  This takes a few moments, and may be missing things you are used to having (like your sims & downloads :lol: )

The right thing to do is to move the downloads, so you are on the ball with that.  Cheesy

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Frog Girl

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 06:15:53 pm »

I took out the downloads folder and it still messed up so I will take out the Sims 2 folder and see if that does it. If it is, then what? Do I have to go thru everything and put it all back one at a time? What should I look for? Well I'm gonna go give it a try and see what happens.

Thanx for the help.:happy8:

I'm so sick of when they say, "It's just a phase, you'll be ok."
Frog Girl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 09:18:27 pm »

Well any more ideas?:goodidea:  I just got the "Blue Screen of Death":evil1:  again after taking out the Sims 2 folder. So video card? If anyone has any other ideas, bring them on.:thumbup:

Thanx.:angel:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 10:49:37 pm »

Frog Girl - at this point you have eliminated the variable part of the equation (all the downloads, etc) - so you are right to suspect the video card.

Have you the ability to take the computer to a shop for testing? or perhaps you have a spare video card to try in the computer?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Frog Girl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 10:58:30 pm »

I could talk my husband into putting my old card back in, but he will have to take it out of the kids computer first. And that might not happen right away cuz he is on midnights right now.
I would be more than happy just to get a new card. I have been wanting one for a while now. But hubby got his first. So now it is my turn.

Thank you, beosboxboy, for all your help.:happy8:
And I want to apologize to indigocrystalca for sounding so mean.:icon9:  It was uncalled for and I'm sorry.:oops: :sad5:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 11:56:32 pm »

You're welcome Frog Girl - I think we all understand how frustrating and confusing dealing with a misbehaving computer can be, so I am sure indigocrystalca will understand you were not mean, but at the end of your rope.  I hope you can resolve this soon and get back to the game Smiley

Frog Girl

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 12:00:42 am »

I am still playing a little. At least enough to get "me" thru this contest.

*points to cool avvie*

I am going to talk to my hubby tomorrow about getting that new card.
Wish me luck...:happy8:

Frog Girl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 02:21:23 pm »

Well it looks like I'm gettin a new card.:smile:  If that doesnt solve the problem then what?Huh?? I think we are going to look on-line cuz there are some really good deals if you look in the right places.

I want to thank you all for the help. I will let you know if there are any more problems.:happy8:

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: