Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:26:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Skins, Clothing etc A No Show  (Read 3415 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Wempeach

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2007, 03:32:25 pm »

Hello,

My first post here and it's a problem....

My custom skins, makeup, eyes, clothing etc... does NOT display in my game. Sims I made with custom content are fine, however I can not create new custom Sims or edit existing one's with custom content, only MAXIS content.

The files are in the correct folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\XX\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\DOWNLOADS they re displayed in the folder but not the game. I checked and custom content is enabled & my custom objects are available, just not the body content.  Has anyone else experienced this issue;I have ALL the exp's except Pets?

Thanks in advance to all who respond.
JayAngel
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:04:16 pm »

Did you by any chance download custom content made by creators who have Pets installed, I wonder.  Unless they patched their game, it could cause problems.

VISIT ME HERE AT INSIMENATOR: JAY'S HOME FOR FALLEN ANGELS
OR HERE AT MY SITE: AFTER MIDNIGHT SIMS 2
Whether angels or devils pursue me
In the dark I cannot tell...

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 05:12:42 pm »

if you have Nightlife or any later EP - you will need to enable custom content

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 05:28:14 pm »

I know the D in Downloads needs to be capitalized, but if the rest of the name is, that could be causing a problem.  If you named the folder DOWNLOADS, rename it to Downloads.  With the rest of your custom content, i.e. objects, this may not be a problem, unless CAS and Bodyshop use some different kind of logic when checking folder names.
Wempeach

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 10:45:27 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;538826
I know the D in Downloads needs to be capitalized, but if the rest of the name is, that could be causing a problem.  If you named the folder DOWNLOADS, rename it to Downloads.  With the rest of your custom content, i.e. objects, this may not be a problem, unless CAS and Bodyshop use some different kind of logic when checking folder names.

Thanks ancienthighway, :beer: that was the problem; after I posted I checked my d/l folder and noticed the 'caps' once I re-named the folder "Downloads" it worked perfectly. Odd though that it worked up until today. :dontknow:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 12:39:22 am »

this game daily renews my faith in the supernatural on account of such misbehaviours

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Wempeach

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 12:40:58 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;539534
this game daily renews my faith in the supernatural on account of such misbehaviours

:smt106 I concur!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: